Chapter 17

Sent By God

Thinking Out Loud

Yifan POV

   

 

    I opened the door to my apartment and tossed my bag down on the couch and kicking my shoes off. I shrugged off my wet jacket and blazer.

   I hate the ing rain…

    I stretched my back out quick before moving to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. 

    "Yifan? Is that you?" My mother called for me from her room. I was slightly shocked to hear that she was home. She's usually never home. I walked over to her room to see her packing a suitcase. I leaned against the door frame.

    "Why the suitcase? We moving again?" She smiled at me over her shoulder with a snort.

    "No actually your uncle is sick and I need to go back to Vancouver to help your aunt out for a little. You'll be fine on your own right?" I nodded my head slowly.

    "Aren't I always?" 

    I went to my room and closed the door quietly. I layed down and sunk right into my bedsheets. I let my eyes shut slowly.

    "It is easier being to yourself…but it sure is lonely…"

    I could still hear her voice for some reason. Like a low humming in my ear. Not annoying…comforting almost. I opened my eyes. 

    I don't know why I can't stop thinking about her. I barely know her. It's not like we talk much, even though she is pretty persistent. She's so happy and bright and I'm…me. I can't really figure her out. She's small and fragile but tougher then any guy I know and will stand up to anybody. She's so open yet reserved…she's everything all at once but it just seems to fit so well. 

    I had to admit she is cute…actually beautiful and the best part is she doesn't even acknowledge it…she's not full of herself…that's rare nowadays…

    She is right though, I've been very to myself my whole life. I mean what's the point in making friends if you're moving all the time?It's not like I'll ever see them again. But damn…it does get lonely sometimes…

    I ruffled my hair a little to roughly as I flipped over in my bed. Bringing my blankets up to cover my body.

    Why am I thinking about this?? it I'm going to sleep…

    My mom knocked on the door gently. 

    "Yeah…" she opened the door slowly. She came in and plopped herself down on my bed. I sat up and looked at her questioningly. 

     "I don't want to make dinner so what should we order?" She asked with her phone in her hand. Scrolling through her contacts. I smiled and took the phone from her hand.

    "How about BBQ?" I asked searching for the number. She nodded her head.

    "So how's school going? I know things are different here but I hope you're adjusting alright…" I nodded my head and handed her phone back to her.

    "Yeah I'm doing fine…I even made friends I think…" Her eyes widened. It was actually kind of funny.

    "I don't think I've ever heard you say that…you're actually making friends that's amazing. Tell me all about them!" She looked way more excited then she should have but it was nice to see her this happy.

    "Well I met a group of guys at lunch who are cool. They are from the performers club at school. I've been sitting with them at lunch." Her eyes were still shining, wanting me to continue.

    "And my classmate Hyemi is nice too. She's been helping me get a hang of stuff at school and yeah…she's really nice…" My mom just stared at me. Her eyebrow slowly raised and her lips turned into a smile.

    "Hmm…is she pretty?" I rolled my eyes at her. I went to push her off the bed.

    "Ok I told you about my friends now go order the food." She kissed my forehead and got up from the bed. She walked towards the door and before she closed it she looked up at me with another happy smile.

    "I'm just happy you're making friends. Bring them by sometime…Hyemi too." She closed the door behind her. I slumped back down on my bed and pulled the blanket back up. 

    I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep…drifted off to sleep with small thoughts of my cute…actually beautiful classmate…

 

 

 

 

 

    Short chapter but I wanted to include Kris's point of view a little as well. I'll continue with this some more through the story. Hope you guys liked it please don't forget to comment and subscribe ^^