Chapter 11

Sent By God


Please read the authors note at the end. ^^

                 
                 

                        Dizzy Dreams…
                       
                              No Pov

 

    Last I remember was the bright lights of the ambulance and the crys of Jiao as she called for me to wake up. 

    My body was shutting down slowly…

    I could tell that I would never see the people I loved again. I can't say good bye to my family or see Jiao smile as she walked down the church in her wedding dress. I'll never be able to see my kids grow or buy my first house. Never make it to my high school graduation.
    
Jiao, I love you…take care of yourself. I promise you'll find someone great. Dad, I'm sorry for being a brat all these years I know you love me. You were always there for me and I'm happy I had you there. Mom…I'm sorry for not being the son you wanted. I'll always love you. I'm sorry for being a brat.  Friends and family…I love you all.

    "Please! Luhan!!" 


            ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

    
    Luhan's funeral service was peaceful. Luhan's mother didn't make any comments towards Jiao being in attendance. She greeted her and went on. Luhan's father however, hugged Jiao and comforted her. 

    "Here, I think Luhan got these for you two. I think it's only fitting to give them to you. If there are any other items of his you would like don't hesitate to ask. I'd rather them be with you then my wife trying to shove them in the attic." Luhan's father handed Jiao the box and she smiled sadly.

   "This is fine, thank you…" 

   When she opened the box, she was amazed. Couple rings. The ones she saw in the tinny Jewlery store that day they started dating. That day they called it official. 

   With a year she slipped the smaller ring on her finger and the other into her jacket pocket.

   Turning back to Luhan's grave. She muttered a small 'I love you' before walking down the path.

   What people didn't realize was that Luhan's body might be dead but his soul is very much alive. 

   He was alive in his own perfect world. Some place his mind took him once but only in a dream. Filled with wonder and collide scope colors that filled his heart.  
    
   A huge strip of land. Small hills and pieces of flat land covered with perfectly green grass. Dandelions and colorful flowers everywhere. A small lake in site. The sky was nothing but blue with small white clouds passing by. Luhan could see windmills over the horizon. 

   Before he could catch another thought, his eyes set on something in the distance. 

   A small cottage with smoke rising from the brick chimney. He took small steps but he could hear something in the distance. It sounded like…a whale?

   Luhan's head snapped around to see something only his dreams could bring to life. 

    Two orcas…swimming. Swimming as if they were under water. Floating threw the air with such majesty. Moving above his head. That's when Luhan noticed that it was all around him. Small fish, swimming around him like birds, octopi sleeping under trees like a dog in the shade. 

    Luhan was living a dream he only had once. When he was a young boy, only about 10 years old, he had a dream just like this. 

   Luhan waked down the hill, enjoying the beautiful view. When he finally stopped off at the cottage. He could hear humming from inside. The smell of chocolate muffins filling his nose. He turned the brass door nob and poked his head inside like a child looking threw.

   Someone was standing there. A boy, small and definitely younger then him. He was sitting down on the kitchen floor staring at the oven. 

   "I don't like waiting, I want to eat my muffins." The boy mumbled once Luhan got closer. He turned his head to Luhan. 

Luhan's eyes grew wide…this boy…

   "When they are done, will you eat one with me Hyung?" The boy smiled. Luhan couldn't believe his eyes. This little boy…was him. 

   "Don't startle him…run off and play ok?" He could hear the voice of another boy from behind him. He turned to see a new face.

   "You're no fun Hyung." Baby Lu rose from his spot on the floor and ran outside to play. 

   "He said you would come. He sat there staring at the muffins and he knew you were coming. I was sent back for you and wanted to bring a friend." The boy smiled at him. It was a sweet smile but Luhan didn't understand. Who was he?

   "I'm Junmyeon. Kim Junmyeon." He smiled again and moved to the oven to turn off the flame. 

   "Why are you here? Why am I here? Is this heaven?" Junmyeon led Luhan to the back room. There was a balcony. He couldn't understand why there was a balcony. It was a one floor cottage. 

   Once Junmyeon opened the balcony doors, it wasn't a view of the grassy valley…it was the beach. A beautiful sunset that turned the sky different shades of pink and orange. The sun just kissed the ocean in the distance. 

   "How is this possible?" Junmyeon smiled sadly.

   "This isn't heaven Luhan. You aren't there yet. As Baby Lu likes to say, you're in the in between. It's not heaven nor is it hell. It seems nice here but this wasn't made for you to stay. It can change in an instant."

   "Wait…I'm in purgatory? This isn't my heaven?" Junmyeon shook his head sadly. He looked up at Luhan.

   "Not yet Luhan. You aren't in heaven yet. You can't see it yet but once you come here to the balcony and you see the cherry blossom tree in the distance, the sunset is gone. You are welcome home." Junmyeon gripped the brass banister tight.

   "Until then, find yourself lucky. My in between was nothing like this. It was cold and dark. Like a never ending eclipse during a snow storm. That's what it felt like. No one came to rescue me I had to figure it out on my own. It took forever but I did it. But you, you don't have to do it alone. I'll guide you through it all."


            ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


    It was like nothing he had ever experienced or even thought of in his wildest dreams or imaginations.

   Today he road on the back of a dolphin with Junmyeon and Baby Lu floating slowly on the back of a turtle.

   Yesterday he sat on the roof and he watched the planets orbit around each other. The rings of Saturn so close he could touch them. The stars so close he could hold them in his hands. And he did. Bouncing them in his hands like balloons.

   How could a place like this be bad? How could Junmyeon say this place wasn't where he wanted to be. This is how he imagined his heaven. Majestic and brilliant. He walked from his cottage to the small lake to dip his feet in. He heard the trapping of small feet coming up next to him. He smiled knowing Baby Lu was running to him.

   "Can I sit too?" The little one asked. Luhan looked up to see the cutest sight. Baby Lu had on a pair of blue water shoes with orange swim trunks, a small dolphin floaty under his arm and clear goggles. Luhan giggled and patted the soft grass next to him. Baby Lu was excited. He dipped his feet in and kicked around.

   "Hyung?" He called quietly looking down at his floaty. Luhan hummed in response.

   "We died didn't we…this isn't earth anymore." This caught Luhan off guard. 

   "Well…yes…Baby Lu. But it's ok we are going some place better. Or we can just stay here forever. What do you think?" Baby Lu looked up with sad eyes. His bottom lip trembling.

   "I saw the above Hyung. I want to go there. Me and Junnie can not go back to dad with out you. This in between is awesome but it's scary." As if on cue, Baby Lu looked up and his eyes grew wide. When Luhan turned his head, he was frozen at the site.

   The sky had grown dark it was a completely different world. Once he turned it was like he was really at the bottom of the ocean. It was dark and cold. But Luhan could breath. He saw the tinny bubbles rise from his mouth with every breath. In the distance a whale. He grabbed Baby Lu's shoulder and held it tight.

   "It'll be ok. He's not going to hurt us." Baby Lu hide behind his leg and pointed.

   "But he will Hyung…" 

   A shark…a shark the size of the gray whale itself, maybe even bigger, zoomed over as fast has his tale could go. With one fast change, he rammed the gray whale on his side. Immobilizing him completely. He began to tear the whale apart. The blood stained the water. Baby Lu screamed with fear. Making the shark aware of their presence. 

 Everything was still for a moment…
   
   "Baby Lu…take my hand. Now." Once Baby Lu grabbed his hand, the shark charged. 

   In a quick second, Luhan pulled Baby Lu on his back and began to run. Baby Lu held on tight, keeping his face in Luhan's back. He prayed for the monster to go away. 

   The faster he ran the closer Luhan could the grassy plain getting. Taking a look over his shoulder. He could see the sharks multiple rows of sharp teeth coming closer and closer. He ran as fast as he could. The cottage was in site.

   "Hang on Baby Lu!" 

   With a leap, Luhan jumped through the water. Baby Lu, loosing his grip and slipping off his shoulders. 

   "Lu!!" Luhan shouted once his body hit the ground. Reaching his arms out to catch the 4 year old. Baby Lu fell on to Luhan's chest. The two looked at the shark.

   The shark opened his mouth wide to swallow the duo whole. Luhan hugged Baby Lu closer to him. Expecting the worst to come now.

   The shark went to bite when he knocked into the water line. Trying again, he knocked into it. Frustration taking over the predator, he charged and charged at them but his actions were futile. 

   Baby Lu clung onto Luhan's chest and watched the monster. He couldn't come through the water like them. Luhan held Baby Lu in his arms and walked over to the end. Where the grass meet the water. It was like starring into another world right in front of you. 

   "It's ok now. He can't come through. See." Baby Lu cuddled closer to Luhan's chest and Luhan comforted him. 

   Maybe it's not as good here as he thought. How could he possibly get out?

 

 


Authors Note: Originally, I wasn't going to write about Luhan's purgatory experience but I got a strike of inspiration after watching the movie the Lovely Bones for like the hundredth time and finally finishing the book. His purgatory is based off a dream I had once and him meeting Junmyeon was a based on the Lovely Bones when Suzy meets Holly in her purgatory. Holly goes to help Suzy out and move on to heaven. Luhan meeting himself when he was a baby was just a little bonus. The next chapter is going to be about Luhan trying and struggling to get out. After that I'll get back on story topic. Thing are going to get good soon. I'm talking love interests, drama and female problems. I think I'll be extending this story a looooot more then originally planned. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to comment and upvote.

  
Thank you to two very amazing readers.

 Nina3132 and Dubuu12

You guys are very inspirational and I'm happy to have you here reading my story. I would like to personally dedicate this chapter and the next one to you guys.
   

Inspiration:

B.A.P- Angel

Ailee- Heaven