ix

Indecent Proposal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: In case, you came here first, kindly go back to chap 8. I just did my first ever double update.

 

 

 

Jessica was amused—so, so amused. She couldn’t believe Taeyeon was a very easy target. All she needed was to talk about Tiffany and Taeyeon’s defenses completely fell down.

 

No, she was not evil. She was just…cunning. She just knew how to use her special skill to get what she wanted. Her actions were a means to an end she had planned. After all, her plan—she believed—was for the greater good of all. It was not for her alone—she was not that selfish—it was for Tiffany as well. She wanted Taeyeon to acknowledge her obvious feelings for her best friend. Jessica thought that things must be done in order for things to fall into place.

 

“Have some more, Taeyeon-ah.” She poured another glass of juice for Taeyeon.

 

“This is really good.” Taeyeon drank. “Why are you not drinking, Jessica?” She took the pitcher and Jessica’s glass. “Here, let me pour you one.”

 

“Uhm, ah. O—okay.” Jessica thanked Taeyeon and took a sip, carefully throwing the remaining contents on another empty cup when Taeyeon was not looking.

 

Taeyeon laid a set of small glasses on a line and poured—albeit sloppily—the mix in each glass. “Choo, choo!” She clapped. “Tis like a train. A juice train!” She giggled.

 

‘Yep. Definitely drunk.’ Jessica chuckled. ‘And red.’ “So, Taeyeon-ah.” It was now the time to get what she really wanted.

 

“Hmmmm?” Taeyeon’s full attention was on her juice train as she drank them one by one.

 

“How long have you known Yuri?”

 

“Yuri?” An eyebrow raised and she bit her lower lip. “Since we were in diapers!” Taeyeon smirked as if a mischievous thought entered her mind. “She’s my bestest, best, best, super best, friend. Kwon Yuri, manse!” She raised both her arms and waved them in the air.

 

Jessica was an inch away from getting her phone and videotaping this hilarious scene but she held herself. ‘Focus, Jessica. Focus!’ “I see. So, uhm…” She tried to ask subtly but the itch in was consuming every fiber of her being. “Is Yuri dating somebody else?” ‘Yes! That’s it, Jessica! That’s how you get an answer. Direct to the point.’

 

“Date?” Taeyeon puffed her cheeks and giggled while shaking her head. “Naw.”

 

‘YEAAAAAH!’ Jessica almost danced in joy; but she bit her lips and tried to hold herself once again. “Really? So what is Yuri looking for someone she might da—“

 

Taeyeon’s forehead creased. “She’s not looking.” She shook her head. “Yuri already has someone in her heart.” She gave a lopsided grin as she playfully poked Jessica.

 

Jessica’s lower lip quivered. She did not care about Taeyeon poking her. The pain that struck her was too much. She did not see that coming.

 

Yuri has someone else in her heart; it echoed in Jessica’s head but she didn’t want it to sink in. She wouldn’t. It was not what she wanted to hear.

 

“Who? Why? What? How can this be?” She fired, her shoulders drooped down.

 

“Oh,” Taeyeon tilted her head, seemingly not noticing Jessica’s frustration as she leered widely. “There’s this girl—oh, wait—it’s supposed to be a secret.” She covered . “Besties don’t tell other people their bestie’s secrets.” She nodded. “No, no, no.” She wagged a finger.

 

Jessica let out a loud groan and then, composed herself. She needed to know her rival. What does she look like? Is she beautiful? Is she y? Is she hot? Is she better than Jessica?

 

Jessica needed to know. She needs to. “Oh,” Jessica mumbled and took a shot of the liquid to calm her senses, trying to look as disinterested as she can (but truthfully, she was literally dying to strangle the information out of Taeyeon). “Of course, secrets are secrets.” She beamed wryly. “It’s just that…I knew this girl—a beautiful gorgeous perfect girl—who likes Yuri and she got…erhm…rejected.” Jessica clicked her tongue against her cheek. “It just got me wondering why.” She shrugged. “But, of course, you don’t really have to tell me if you don’t want to.” ‘You definitely have to or I will tie you on a tree and torture you into telling me!’

 

“Ah!” Taeyeon propped her elbows on the table and rested her chin on it. “It’s not her fault. Yuri…Yuri only liked one girl in her entire life. And that is Sooyeon Jung, nobody else.” Her head fell and a soft snore was heard.

 

Jessica was sure she was not drunk but the heat that crawled up her face was scalding—the good type of scalding, if that even made sense. Her ears perked up and her lips mimicked a goldfish running out of air. Did she hear it right?

 

Yuri Kwon liked Sooyeon Jung…and nobody else. There was a chorale of angels serenading her head as she let those words sink in. She turned to Taeyeon to make her repeat what she said but it

Please log in to read the full chapter