viii

Indecent Proposal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon was never the type to be dense. Since she was but a child, she was trained to be sensitive with people’s feelings—to enable herself to understand and make use of their drives for a greater goal, her tutors would add. So, when Jessica came in her rented room, a playful smirk on her lips and an invitation for a night of fun, she knew something was up.

 

“Will this do?” Taeyeon turned around, showing Jessica her attire for approval.

 

“You look really pretty in that mini dress, Taeyeon!” Jessica chirped.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t help the tinge of pink on her cheeks as she heard the compliment. “Thank you,” she politely said.

 

“So, shall we go?” She stood beside Taeyeon and linked her arm on hers.

 

“Um, okay.” Taeyeon smiled back, a little unnerved by the proximity of the blonde. “But are you sure it’s okay for us to go alone together? I mean, Tiffany might—“

 

“Shush!” Jessica placed her forefinger on Taeyeon’s lips to silence her. “Tonight, it’s just the two of us, okay? There are things we need to talk about. Alone.” She winked.

 

A loud thud caught both of their attention towards the third girl in the room, now leaning on the kitchen island (pretending she did not fall on the floor for trying to eavesdrop—if nobody saw it, it didn’t happen).

 

“Omo!” Taeyeon wore a worried look. “Are you okay, Yuri-ah?”

 

Yuri coughed loudly, trying to seem unfazed…and unhurt. “Wha—what do you mean…hurt? Haha. No.” She pursed her lips and blew a whistle. “I’m not. Perfectly fine.” She nodded, dismissing their attention with a wave of hand. She then, went to the nearby sink to wash her hands.

 

“So, let’s go?” Jessica asked again, enthusiasm in her tone.

 

“Um, ugh, yes.” Taeyeon answered, putting her coat on. “Let’s go.” She turned to Yuri for a brief moment and raised an eyebrow. “Yuri-ah, we’re going.”

 

“Hmm?” Yuri answered without looking, busily lathering her hands with a yellow liquid soap. “Why is this not foamy?” She whispered to herself.

 

“Uhm, are you okay, Yuri?” Taeyeon asked again.

 

“Ugh, yeah.”

 

“Erhm. You’re using cooking oil to wash your hands, Yuri-ah. Are you sure you’re okay?”

 

“Wha—no! I mean, yes! Yes, I’m okay.” Yuri stood her ground. “Ha--haven’t you heard that oil is good for your skin?” She awkwardly smiled. “Just go. I’m okay. Go have your date with Ms. Jung. I’m fine. Yes, I’m fine. You can go. Have fun.”

 

Jessica chuckled. “Let’s go, Taeyeon-ah.” She tugged her arm. “Wouldn’t want to miss on the free drinks, do we?”

 

“Uhm, o—okay.” And Taeyeon let Jessica pull her away.

 

 

The smile on Jessica’s face was the brightest she had had this week; that, she was sure of. She did not just manage to get her small ‘revenge’ on Yuri (ha! so you do seem interested in me) but she also managed to pull Taeyeon for a night of private interrogation. ‘Jessica aimed. Jessica played. Jessica scored. Goal! Goal! Goal! I am so getting all of those juicy stuffs from you, Taeyeon. Just drink, drink and drink.’ She smirked, pouring another juice on Taeyeon’s glass.

 

“This tastes really good, Jessica.” Taeyeon gulped another glass of the colorful liquid Jessica offered.

 

“It’s a special recipe in this noraebang, Taeyeon-ah. That’s why I like this place.” Jessica giddily poured another in Taeyeon’s glass. “So…how are you and Tiffany? Any progress?” Taeyeon almost choked at the abrupt question and Jessica happily rubbed her back to soothe the coughing (more of startled) Taeyeon.

 

“Got into the wrong pipe.” Taeyeon explained, adjusting her posture to comfortably lean on the couch. “Uhm. Ah. Ti—Tiffany. Ah.” She fanned herself. “Things are…things are well.” She took another drink to quench her now dried throat.

 

“Have you kissed yet?”

 

Taeyeon almost spat the drink from but had swallowed it just in the nick of tim

Please log in to read the full chapter