vii

Indecent Proposal
Please log in to read the full chapter

vii

 

Tiffany had exclusively dated men since forever. She had no romantic interest towards women for she knew she was as straight as a flag pole. So, when she asked the pretty [cute] stranger in the club if she wanted to be her lover, it was safe to say she only did that out of drunkenness.

 

Yes, she was drunk. And desperate. Not. Gay.

 

‘But after a series of rejection, who wouldn’t be?’ she countered, another sigh escaping her lips. She shifted to the left; the spring coil in her mattress creaked as she then, turned for the umpteenth time.

 

All she wanted was to be loved and to love back. But whenever she finds a man—unluckily, a Korean man who opts for a Korean woman—she gets dumped. And it’s frustrating her.

 

 

 

“You’re lovesick,” Taeyeon nodded, her forefinger and thumb on her jaw as if she had just deduced a difficult puzzle.

 

Tiffany couldn’t help a raise on her eyebrow. “Lovesick, huh?” A careful sip on the coffee, her eyes darted straight at Taeyeon’s. “What made you say so?”

 

“You crave for love. But you’re not healthy yourself. You’re sick; so, love plus sick equals lovesick.” Taeyeon held a grin while explaining.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, carefully putting the cup down on her saucer. “I don’t think that’s exactly the case, Taeyeon.” She sighed. She can’t believe Taeyeon would do a pun just after she had just poured out her innermost dilemmas. This was not the reaction she had expected.

 

“And I think, you’re thinking too much.” Taeyeon pointed at her and took a taste of her iced macchiato. “One does not simply look for love in that state.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Fany-ah, you do not love because you’re looking for that security you think you needed most. You love because you have more and you want to share it with someone special.” Taeyeon twisted her bendable straw, her eyes completely at it. “Value yourself more, Fany-ah. I, for one, believe you are more beautiful and precious than what they think. And if they don’t see that, it’s their loss; not yours.”

 

“I…” Tiffany bit her lip. There was something in Taeyeon’s words that hit her. Hard.

 

 

 

She covered her face with her pillow. “I need to sleep. I need to sleep. I need to sleep. I need to sleep!” Tiffany continued to chant under the soft cushion. The flashback of their coffee date two nights ago kept coming back to her mind. And the heartfelt words Taeyeon left while she was pretending to sleep haunted her as well. She didn’t know how or why; but that girl, that girl, elicited emotions she had never felt before and she just couldn’t get a good grip of what it is. It’s frustrating her.

 

She’s not gay. She’s sure of it. She’s pretty sure she’s not gay. But Taeyeon…Taeyeon’s making her question her entire concept of love and the butterflies…she felt the butterflies flutter in her stomach! And pretty much, she didn’t know how to deal with it.

 

She sat up, cupped her face and tapped her cheeks. “Tiffany, get a grip. Your eyebags are getting heavy and you’re going to look like a panda. Let’s set this issue straight once and for all.” She exhaled, stood up and took a flower on a vase near her bed.

 

“I like her.” She pulled a petal. “I like her not.” Another pull. “I like her.” She smiled. “I like her not.” A frown. “I like—“

 

“Tiffanyyyyyyyy!” A cry.

 

She turned around, the almost petal-less flower on her hand was stealthily hidden at her back, as she got tackled by a crying Jessica.

 

“Je—Jessie?” She slightly pushed the girl to see her face. Tiffany hadn’t seen or heard of Jessica after her recent photoshoot and to see her running to her while crying broke her heart. “What happened? Why are you crying?”

 

“I…” She sobbed, her lower lip quivering. “I got dumped.”

 

 

 

Jessica Jung always got what she wanted. She has this way with things…and people. Name it and if she willed it, she will surely have it. From designer shoes and clothes to people and even luxurious toys, she really can have it. But when Yuri Kwon turned her down, Jessica got

Please log in to read the full chapter