i

Indecent Proposal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I

 

 

“Find her!” A thunderous roar echoed throughout the whole room and the man who was the source of the order sat his masculine body on a leather chair while his hands combed his hair trying to calm his raging temper.

 

A couple of men clad in black suits bowed their heads to signal their acceptance of the command—too terrified of their boss’s outburst that none of them dared to lift their heads up. Kim Jongkuk is usually a very composed gentleman and being collected in all kinds of stressful situations is one of the best traits he is known for; in all situations—except when it comes to that little woman.  

 

A set of knocks were heard and the door to the office opened. A tall female in a dark blue military attire entered the scene and waved the guards off, signaling them to exit silently. The men did so and when Jongkuk and the woman were left alone, she paced in front of him. And with a straight posture and an eloquent manner befitting a General, she spoke.

 

“Sir.” She addressed the man sitting behind the big study table still clasping his head. “You have called for me?”

 

Jongkuk raised his head and stared at the woman. “She needs to be found, Yuri.” He sighed, calling the woman by her first name—something which only means one thing: Kim Jongkuk will ask a dead serious request.

 

“Do everything you can to get her back. Please, Yuri. I know you’re her best friend but I need her here. She has to be here.” Jongkuk straightened his back against the chair. “I know your loyalty lies with her. But…” He exhaled deeply. “Take it as an order. Bring her back here. Bring her back to me. Do I make myself clear?” Jongkuk observed the woman—detecting any signs of hesitation on her face.

 

Yuri exhaled a gust of air. She knew Kim Jongkuk won’t take no for an answer even if he knew that she will never betray her friend. Yuri valued her childhood friend more than her high status and he knew it. But then again, she was still under solemn oath. To follow Jongkuk’s commands as if it was the only way and no other was her obligation. Kim Jongkuk, after all, is her master.

 

After a moment of weighing the possibilities, Yuri gave a polite salute. “Then, I shall not return here without her.” And with a courteous bow, she exited the room to hunt the prey she was told to get.

 

 

“Come on, Tiff! Stop doing that.” A blonde sitting on the living room’s sofa spouted towards a woman who was walking back and forth in front of her.

 

“But what if it’s true, Jessie?” Tiffany retorted, not wanting to stop her anxious actions. “What if he’s not interested anymore?” Her hands pulled her hair as she suddenly stopped pacing and stared at her sitting friend.

 

“What if it’s true that he only dated me because he thought that I was a Korean and now that he found out that I’m just Korean by features and that I’m considered an American by his standards, he’s now ditching me?” She blabbered continuously—moist finally filling her vision as she sat down beside her friend.

 

Jessica pulled the frantic girl into a tight hug. “Calm down. Will you?” A slight push on Tiffany’s shoulder and Jessica stared at Tiffany’s worried face, tucking some lost hair strands on her ear.

 

“But, he’s going to be the third, Jessie! I’ve been dating for months and every time we get to the relationship part, the good serious part, my heritage comes to the picture! And, BOOM! The guy ends up with another girl, just because she’s Korean! And I’m left all alone! What is wrong with me? I’m Korean too!” Tiffany bawled and Jessica continued to just stare and listen to her friend.

 

“It’s so unfair. It’s not like I can choose where to be born. My parents migrated here in America when mom was pregnant with me. Of course, I would be born here. It’s not my fault they made me an American citizen. But I’m still using a Korean surname.” A sudden thought came into Tiffany’s mind and a smile formed on her lips.

 

“Right! Hwang is Korean! Maybe, I’m just being paranoid. He’s going to love me since I’m Korean too, right? Yeah. Yeah,

Please log in to read the full chapter