xiii

Indecent Proposal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

xiii

 

“So.” Mr. Hwang started. It was now or never. He had to break the ice. His glance pierced on the now-pretending-to-be-I’m-so-busy-you-can’t-ask-me-anything daughter. “That girl…”

 

An exhalation resembling a dragon’s was heard from the girl-who-was-pretending-to-be-making-a-very-difficult-drink-which-is-actually-a 3 in 1 coffee mix. She pivoted her heels, now a full smile on her lips and crescent eyes to match as she gave a cup to her father. “You came to visit, dad.”

 

“Ah, ye—yes.” He took the drink to take a sip and laid it down. “I miss you.”

 

“Oh, I miss you too, daddy.” She went nearer and encircled the man into an embrace. “How’s sis and bro? And the company?”

 

“Well, your siblings are doing well. In fact, the company’s doing really—Tiffany Hwang!” Mr. Hwang clicked his tongue. “Don’t change the topic.”

 

Tiffany flinched, now sitting in front of her father. “What? What topic? I mean, c’mon I knew sis and bro can do it really well even without me in the picture and I—“

 

“Uh huh. Who’s that girl?”

 

“What girl?”

 

“The girl who was here.”

 

“Girl? What girl? There’s no girl here. Just me and you, dad.” She smiled ever so innocently. “And this coffee.” She tapped the ream of his cup.

 

“I was not born yesterday, Tiffany. Quit stalling. Who is that girl you were doing things with?”

 

“Who? What? Where?”

 

“Miyoung!” Her father raised his tone, now using her Korean name.

 

“Fine!” Tiffany put her tongue against her cheek and exhaled, her hands on her waist. “That’s…that’s Taeyeon Kim.”

 

Mr. Hwang’s eyes narrowed. “And?”

 

“And…we were baking…and then, you came. End of story.” She took a glass of water and drank, the heat creeping on her cheeks.

 

 “Baking, huh?” Mr. Hwang cupped his chin. “Is that how you, youngsters, call it these days?” He rubbed his chin. “What happened to the good ol romping?”

 

Tiffany spat the water out of . “Dad!”

 

“What? We used to call it that!”

 

“We…we were not ro—rom—romping!” Tiffany stuttered, her face as red as a ripe tomato.

 

“Right. You were just ‘baking’.” Mr. Hwang nodded, a mischievous smirk on his lips. “I get it. I get it. I’m a cool dad, I get it. Anyway, she’s cute.”

 

Tiffany’s mouth went ajar, her hands now fanning her reddened face. “She…she is.”

 

“Good.” The older Hwang stood, went near her and put his arms around his beloved daughter. “And here I was, worrying about your seemingly non-existent love life. I thought you wanted to be a nun or something…which is very unbecoming of a Hwang. Ha! When all this time, you were just hiding your cute lil woman in your closet.” He feigned a cry. “I’m a lil hurt! How can you hide her from your own father?” He wiped his fake tears. “But I’m better now. After all, my daughter is finally experiencing love and all the giggly-wiggly things in it. It’s good. You’re good. I’m good. We’re all good.” He cheered.

Please log in to read the full chapter