xiv

Indecent Proposal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

xiv

 

Dinner with the Hwang’s could have been the best time to apologize (and salvage the image she gave Tiffany’s dad from the gutter). But the moment Taeyeon stepped out of her apartment, she was sacked and taken into a vehicle. To where they were heading, she didn’t know. But she was sure, whoever did this meant real business.

 

Taeyeon felt sturdy hands push her to sit. The sack taken out and she was now in a dark room (blinding white light on top of her), hands then, tied on the chair. “What do you want from me?” She shouted. The muscular man who tied her went out of the room without answering.

 

“Hey! This is kidnapping! You should at least tell me what you want so I can—“

 

“Mic test. Mic test. Ehem. Ehem. 1.2.3.4. Test. Test. Yo.” A creaky voice came from the speaker on the small table in front of her. “Can you hear me? Can you hear—”

 

“Yes, I can hear you!” Taeyeon frowned, irritated. Whoever owns that voice didn’t attend how-to-kidnap class. “Seriously! What do you want from me?”

 

“You! I am the only one allowed to ask questions. I ask. You answer. Understood?”

 

“…Okay.”

 

“State your name.”

 

“Taeyeon Kim.”

 

“Is that your full name?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then, tell me your full name!”

 

“I don’t want to.” Taeyeon stuck her tongue out. “I don’t even know you. Why should I introduce myself? And, YOU had me kidnapped. Surely, you know who I am, right? So, just get this over with and tell me what you want.”

 

“You’re a cheeky one, aren’t you?”

 

“I am.” Taeyeon beamed. “So?”

 

“Very well then, Ms. Taeyeon Kim.” The voice went all serious and , Taeyeon felt her shoulders straightened at the given tone. “Do explain why a royalty is frolicking in my turf?”

 

“In. your. Turf?” Taeyeon said each by word and then, it hit her. She had probably stepped foot in a place owned by gangs. She remembered watching American shows and she knew she should not meddle with mob business. Even if she is a princess, these mobsters wouldn’t bat an eye and kick her to the curb if the big boss wished to. “Oh.  I…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to meddle in whatever business you were having. I didn’t know about your turf. Not at all. I’m just…minding my own business. Yes. Yes.” She nodded. “I think this is all a misunderstanding. I’m not going to stop your group activities or anything. In fact, I’m going on a date tonight. So, if you would be so kind to just let me go, I would appreciate that.”

 

There was a moment of silence and Taeyeon (legit) thought she said something wrong.

 

The door opened and the lights were . She had to squint at the sudden brightness. An old woman wearing a black Sunday dress entered while four men quickly provided a chair in front of Taeyeon.

 

Gulp. The big boss…is…a…grandma?

 

The older, now seated in front of her, gestured for Taeyeon’s hands to be released from the knot, her stern eyes still focused on Taeyeon. “So, Ms. Kim.”

 

“Uhm, ye—yes, mam.” Taeyeon sat up straight, her hands on her lap. She felt the sweat form on her nape. She reminded herself not to make any mistakes, this could be the last day of her life if she couldn’t answer well.

 

“I have heard things about you.” The elder eyed her. “Tell me about this date.”

 

“Oh, uhm. Yes. So, you see. I came here to understand another culture but then, out of fate,--totally unplanned—I met this special person and I think, we’re really liking each other. I…uhm…I was then invited to meet my special person’s family tonight.”

 

“This special person,” The elder inched forward, her eyes staring straight at Taeyeon’s soul. “What made this person special to you?”

 

“I…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Taeyeon suddenly didn’t know what to say.

 

What made Tiffany special?

 

Was it her smile?

 

She has a really pretty smile.

 

But, it’s not just her smile.

 

Her eyes twinkle, too, sparkle, sparkle; and when she laughs, she claps as if something really good needs an applause.

 

She’s funny, has a great humor.

 

Her visuals ain’t bad either. In fact, she’s really gorgeous.

 

And that, —body, Taeyeon! Body! Use appropriate terms!—her body has the right proportions. Yep! She’s not too tall or too short for me. Just enough height to properly cuddle me.

 

Her hands fit mine, too. And, she’s really warm. I can talk to her about anything. Literally anything.

 

She makes me want to stay up—ah! Reality feels like a good, good dream.

 

But, really, what made Tiffany special?

 

It’s not really about what which Taeyeon had the difficulty answering with; it was more about which amongst Tiffany’s personality made her the best. It was so hard to choose.

 

Unknowingly, Taeyeon was smiling on her own. “I think the kiss sealed it.”

 

“Ki—kiss?” The old woman asked in complete surprise. “You, two, kissed already?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “Oh, the first time we met, I got kissed by that person. On the lips!”

 

The older woman was s

Please log in to read the full chapter