Part 2: Chapter 1

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Part 2: Chapter 1

“Hey!  Wake up!”  The teacher yelled. 

As if his voice wasn’t enough to shake his students out of their daze, he hit the white board a few times with the stick he was using as a pointer.  All around the room, students who had been spacing out just a moment ago refocused their attention on him.  “What is wrong with you all today?  I show you a little leniency and ignore the bandages and split lips and you all think you can just zone out for the day.  You better start paying attention or I’m going to drag you all before the principal so you can explain yourselves.”  He turned back to the blackboard muttering something about stupid students getting into fights to prove themselves. 

So Hee glanced around the room at all her friends.  From her seat, she couldn’t see all their faces, but she knew the teacher could plainly see the evidence of a fight.  The split lips had been cleaned and doctored but still looked red and raw the day after.  Band-Aids covered cuts in visible places and So Hee knew that several of the boys had bandages under their clothes to support internal type injuries.  But they were all well enough to show up to class today.

She looked to her right to see Luhan’s empty desk.  All of them except Luhan and Kyungsoo. 

The night before had been a mess.  So Hee still couldn’t say she understood what exactly had happened.  But she couldn’t get Luhan’s eyes out of her mind.  Even from across the room she had seen the red glow in them.  It had suddenly struck her just then how little she actually knew him; how many secrets he hid.  It had scared her.  He had scared her.  She had trusted him.  Blindly, she realized now.  He had saved her so she had trusted him with her friends and he had all of them. 

But it wasn’t the red glowing eyes she was remembering now.  It was the look in his eyes as the others had carried Kyungsoo off.  He had looked just as upset.  Just as astonished that he had done something like that.  As much as she wanted to hate Luhan for what he had done, that look in his eyes kept coming back to her.  Looking back, those eyes had seemed to mirror her own fear. 

She just couldn’t figure him out.  And she couldn’t figure out her own feelings about him either. 

Kai was still mad at her for showing up at the fight.  He had told her later that she should have just stayed on the bus.  But she knew he was only upset because he worried about her.  It had actually ended up working out for the best.  If the whole lot of them had taken Kyungsoo to the hospital, questions would have been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter