Part 2: Chapter 8

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Part 2: Chapter 8

Luhan shook his head.  “Thanks for everything Kai, but you really don’t need to get involved in this.  I’ve caused enough damage here already.  In a few days, I’ll be gone and won’t cause anymore problems for you and your friends.”

“I already told you, we’re already involved,” Kai snapped.  “You’re in danger and I can’t ignore that.”

“I’m not in danger, Kai, it’s everyone around me who’s in danger,” Luhan argued. 

“Your wolf is connected to the person who woke him,” Kai said.  “That means he has a certain amount of influence over your wolf that you should have but you don’t so it’s doubly dangerous for you.”

“Kai, that sentence made no sense,” Luhan said putting a hand to his head.  This was all giving him a headache. 

“None of this makes any sense,” Kai instantly responded. He ran a hand through his hair.  “But the Wolf-Man that called your wolf is a danger to you, so we need to do something about it.  Do you have any idea who it might have been?”

Luhan looked away as if thinking about who it might have been.  But his eyes rested on the pictures on the other side of the room.  It was the last photo they had taken together before they left.  The day after, they had performed the ritual and then left the only home they had known.  Luhan stared hard at the other boy in the photo and then looked at Kai.

“No,” he said, sadly.  “I have no idea who it could have been.” 

“Well, I know someone who might be able to help your wolf,” Kai said.  “We don’t have school tomorrow so, if you’re feeling better, we’re going to go see him.  Right after we stop by the hospital so you can kiss and make up with Kyungsoo.”

“I’m too ashamed to face Kyungsoo,” Luhan mumbled under his breath as he buried his face in his hands.  But Kai still heard him.

“Don’t be.  Kyungsoo was more confused than angry before we found out about all this wolf stuff.  Now he is actually worried that you’re taking it too hard.  He doesn’t blame you.  And he’ll be out of the hospital in no time.  Come on, it’s not like this is his first broken bone.”

As Luhan absorbed what he said, Kai gazed around the small room.  Taking in the small bed, he shrugged.  “We’ll both fit, right?” Kai asked.

“What?”  Luhan had been thinking so hard, he wasn’t sure he heard Kai correctly.  But he knew he had when Kai went to his bed and curled up on one side of it.  “What do you think you’re doing?”

“What do you think I’m doing?  We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow and I don’t want to have to go all the way home only to come back here in the morning.  Plus, do you have any idea how long it took me to find you?  I’m not letting you out of my sight in case you decide you want to go off and hide again.”  He yawned through his next words.  “You’re stuck with me.”

88888888888888888888888888888888

Outside the warehouse, a figure slipped from the shadows, skirted the streetlight, and slipped in the front door.  A figure wearing a black mask.

Rye Hyun had been following Kai earlier.  Frustrated and looking to pick a fight, he had been trying to work up the nerve to call Kai out when Kai had stopped in front of an iron gate. The Black Mask had been tempted to turn around and find amusement elsewhere when, low and behold, Blondie stepped out of the gate with a chick.  He knew he had struck gold then.  He quickly pulled out his phone and snapped a picture of him as proof before he disappeared down an alley.  If he played his cards right, he might even get a promotion out of this.  Especially since ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter