Part 2: Chapter 13

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Part 2: Chapter 13

“Kai!” 

Distracted by the cowards' sudden decision to take off again, So Hee’s scream reminded Kai why he’d come in the first place.  He spun and caught sight of her just in time to see Luhan collapse. 

He sprinted to them.  “What happened?”

“He had a bat and hit him over the head.  Oh, God, Kai, I don’t know what do to.  Is he okay?

Bending over Luhan, Kai gently shook his shoulder.  “Damnit, Luhan, wake up!”

Kyungsoo knelt on Luhan’s other side.  “Let’s roll him over so I can see his injury.”

Kai gently rolled luhan on his back and then his other side so Kyungsoo could see where he’d been hit.

“Is he dead?” Suho asked softly as he and the other guys crowded around. 

Kai shook his head.  “He’s breathing.” He moved to stand over Luhan’s legs to see the injury as Kyungsoo examined it.  Chen rushed in behind Kyungsoo as Tao stood behind So Hee as she moved in closer and the rest of the guys gathered in close. 

She knelt at Luhan’s head, eyes on his face.  “No,” she cried softly, her breath catching as she fought back a sob. 

“He’s going to have a nice bump,” Kyungsoo said.  “But no bleeding.  I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.”

“Then why isn’t he waking up?” So Hee asked. 

Suddenly, Kai reached out and grabbed Luhan by the collar of his jacket.  “Damnit, Luhan.  Come on man, you got to wake up!”

 

Luhan heard the angry voice as if it came at him echoing through a long tunnel.  He thought it was Kai’s voice, but that could just have been because angry voices reminded him of Kai.

Kai’s voice or not, Luhan struggled to open his eyes.  When he did, it wasn’t a tunnel he found himself in but a thick gray fog.  It swirled around him as he slowly pushed himself into a sitting position.  Tentacles of the stuff slid against his skin leaving goose bumps on his flesh. 

“Kai?” he called out, but his voice came out weak.  “Kai!” He tried again.  But it wasn’t Kai that emerged from the mist.

Color appeared in his peripheral version and Luhan turned to see two blood red eyes staring at him in the mist.  Luhan gasped and stumbled backwards.  The owner of the eyes approached, a shadow amongst the swirling mist, until a wolf appeared.  It towered over Luhan from his seat on the ground and looked down at him, eyes blazing red, lip curled in a slight snarl to reveal large sharp teeth.  Luhan’s heart beat fast in his chest as he stared up at the large beast, but was too stunned to move.

Is this the same beast that’s inside me?  Luhan thought desperately. 

No, boy.  I am the first of my kind.  The voice that spoke was deep and gravelly inside Luhan’s head and he instinctively knew that it was the wolf before him speaking.  Listen carefully boy.  What I am about to tell you is more important then you could ever imagine. 

 

Kai ran his hands through his hair and paced away from Luhan who still lay on the floor, his head now resting in So Hee’s lap as she knelt. 

“What do we do?”  So Hee asked softly.  Her gaze never wavered from Luhan’s face as she posed the question.  She gently gripped his hand in one of hers and laid them on her lap beside his head.  It was his tattooed hand and she remembered the conversation they had had about it earlier.  “Kyungsoo, what do we do?”

“We wait,” he answered.  “That’s all we can do.”

So Hee didn’t realize she was crying until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter