Part 2: Chapter 9

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Part 2: Chapter 9

So Hee fidgeted as she listened to Kai’s phone go straight to voicemail for the tenth time in a row.  There was a tense silence as she lowered the phone to end the call and shook her head.  She still wasn’t able to reach him.  No one had been able to reach him.

So Hee had hurried to school this morning hoping to find Kai.  Or at least hoping one of the guys had heard from him, but no luck.  None of the guys had seen or heard from him since they left the hospital on Saturday.  So Hee hadn’t seen or heard from him since Saturday night when he had disappeared into the apartment building with Luhan. 

So Hee covered her face with her hands.  If Kai did anything to Luhan, it would be her fault.  If anything happened to Kai, it would be her fault.  If only he would pick up the phone so she’d know if he was okay!

 “Don’t worry so much, So Hee,” Chen advised.  He was seated beside her at Luhan’s desk while the rest of the guys crowded around.  “You know Kai has a habit of going missing for days at a time, but he always comes back in one piece.”

Yeah, but what Chen didn’t know was that Kai normally warned her when he’d be gone so she wouldn’t be worried.  What Chen didn’t know what that Kai had disappeared with Luhan – the same guy that had put Kyungsoo in the hospital. 

Frustrated beyond belief, So Hee stomped her foot.  Not knowing what else to do, but needing to do something, she grabbed her phone and hit redial to try Kai again.  They all jumped when Kai’s familiar ringtone sounded from the front of the classroom. 

“Geez, So Hee, that’s like the fiftieth time you’ve called me this morning,” Kai said as his ringtone cut off mid-stream.    

The guys all spun away and So Hee stood to see Kai coming in the door.

“Man, where have you been?  So Hee’s worrying has been wearing off-“  Chanyeol stopped talking when he noticed what the others noticed.  Kai wasn’t alone.

They all watched in silence as Luhan walked in behind Kai, his backpack slung over his shoulder. So Hee noticed in relief that besides the fact that Luhan looked exhausted both of them looked okay. 

Noticing the uncomfortable silence, Kai wrapped an arm around Luhan’s shoulders and dragged him forward when he would rather have stayed back.   “Before you all flip out on me,” Kai started.  “Me and Luhan were busy yesterday.  He and Kyungsoo are good and we’re in the process of working out the rest.  Basically everything is cool now so you need to up any resentment you still have and let-“

“Kai stop,” Luhan cut him off.  “It’s not like that.  I owe you all an apology as much as I owed Kyungsoo one.  I’m so sorry for what happened, but I hope you guys believe me when I say that wasn’t the real me.  And I’m doing everything I can to make sure that something like that doesn’t happen again.  I know things won’t be the same, but I’m willing to do whatever you guys want me to do in order to make it up to you.” 

There was a moment of silent as the group took in his words.  But before they could come up with a reply, the door opened again to admit the teacher.  They separated and hurried to their desks, but So Hee knew that they would forgive Luhan.  It may take a while to forget, but a friend was easy to forgive. 

So Hee smiled at Luhan as he sat at his desk, but it wasn’t until mid-morning break that she was able to really talk to him.  It was just them and a few other students in the classroom.  Kai had taken the guys out to play soccer, leaving So Hee to catch Luhan up on what he had missed during the days he had skipped the week before. 

Luhan was in the middle of working on a math problem when her curiosity got the better of her.  “What’s the tattoo of?”  She asked.  She had noticed the black design on his wrist before, but had yet to have the opportun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter