I Believe

"In A World Like This, I Got You..." (New: Nonsense)

I BELIEVE

-sagarael-

 

 

 

 

 

My dearest Jessica Jung…

 

I smiled fondly as I read the contents of the letter..

It’s been 2 years ever since…

 

He died…because of that day..

 

And I can still feel the lingering sting and the intensity of every word.

 

I even think that if…maybe…Just maybe….

 

And I can feel myself tremble as I fold the paper and placed it back inside the small box.

 

Just maybe…if that day didn’t exist, if I didn’t meet you..he’s still alive..

 

And as I burry the box back to its place beside this lone tree. I think…

 

...and the wedding ensued..He’ll be my husband and I am his wife…

 

I think she’s right…

 

...but..I know there’s a purpose why it happened..

 

I stood and walked near the end of the cliff, letting the cold wind hit my already trembling features.

 

..I met you and I…

 

I closed my eyes as a tear caressed my flushed cheek.

 

I am happy.

 

“I am happy.” I whispered and I hope the wind would carry these words and envelop her. “More than what your heart can ever feel..”

 

“More than what your heart can ever feel…”

 

 

+++++++++

 

 

After how many rushed footsteps, a blond woman finally reached an antique door. She raised her right fist and knocked.

And the door opened revealing a brunette with milky skin and the blond swear she felt her nerves shiver at the sight and lost all senses.

“Who are you?”

That husky voice warmed her but before she could utter a word, her companions already grabbed the brunette. She watched them tie the brunette’s hands, blind fold her, and shut with a tape.

And she could only close her eyes as they shoved the brunette inside their van.

“Hey, Jung! Let’s go and start doing business!!”

For God’s sake…the brunette is wearing a bridal gown.

“HEY JESSICA JUNG LET’S GO!!”

Jessica released a shaky breath as she opened her eyes only to see tears staining the brunette’s flushed cheeks.

“S-he….she’s getting married..”

 

++++++

 

 

After 3 hours of traveling, I finally reached the resort they asked me to visit and I know they reserved the place. There were no tourists around.

 

And I hope you feel the same…It was my never ending prayer that you, too, are happy…

Are you..?

 

“Good morning, Madame. What can I do for you?”

 I smiled and uttered the words needed to.

“Jessica Jung, speaking..”

The woman smiled before bowing. “It’s our pleasure to serve you. The others are already inside our restaurant, waiting for your arrival…”

 I nodded before heading to the mentioned place. “Thank you..”

 

I know you want to know how am I feeling, you’re just too afraid to know the answer…

 

I stopped walking and breathed in a lungful of air to relax my wavering control.

 

Jessi..I am doing and feeling good. More than what your mind can ever understand…

 

And as I close my eyes…

 

You don’t have to worry about me so please…

 

“Please…” I whispered. “Please be always lively…and don’t ever stop..”

 

Please let your heart smile just like how my heart smiles warmly for yours…

 

++++++

 

 

“Hey, Jessica Jung!!”

The blond snapped out of her reverie and looked at Leechun. “What??”

Leechun rolled his eyes before pointing to a still crying brunette in between them. “Do something to stop her from crying. She’s f^cking so loud and I hate loud noises!!”

Jessica’s eyebrow twitched. “Will you stop cursing?”

“The hell with you. Just stop this b^tch from f^cking cryi—“ But before he could finish his words, the blond dangerously pointed her gun on his chest. “Hey! What’re yo—“

“Stop cursing.” Jessica hissed as her eyes blazed. “Don’t you ever curse again.”

“You don’t mind me cursing before so why now?” Leechun failed on trying to push the gun away. “And what’s with you? You’re not yoursel—“

He stopped when Jessica started pulling the trigger. The blonde’s eyes full of anger.

“Just. Don’t. Curse. At. Her.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. You two, stop that crap and focus on your job.” A man with a black mask grabbed the gun away. “And Jung, just shut that bride beside you will you?”

Jessica gritted her teeth before looking at the said woman. The latter stopped hiccupping but tears are still flowing down her cheeks. Jessica heaved and decided to remove the blindfold and the tape that’s covering the brunette’s mouth.

“Please…” The blond started whispering and she doesn’t know why is she even pleading. “Please don’t make noises to prevent further troubles?”

The brunette’s lips trembled as she nodded.

“Thank you…”

“The hell are you thanking this ?”

Jessica’s raised her hand in a snap, ready to choke Leechun if not for a cold and trembling hand that held her back.

“P-please stop. It’s okay…”

And just like that, Jessica stopped.

 

“JUNG! WHY’D YOU REMOVE THE BLINDFOLD??”

 

 

+++++++

 

 

Do you know? I always see you cry after you walk me home…I always see you wiping your tears…

 

Jessica breathed before pulling the restaurant’s door open.

 

And I always wonder, are you always crying whenever I’m not around? Or…the mere thought of me makes you cry?

 

Jessica looked up and the smiling faces of her friends greeted her.

“Jessica!”

“Finally! We though you’d never come!”

 

Jessi…Why are you crying?

 

Jessica smiled as her friends hugged her warmly.

“We missed you, Sica!”

“How are you?”

Jessica grinned as she responded genuinely.

“I’m still trying…”

 

++++++

 

“When will they give the ransom, again?”

“Tsk. This coming Sunday you pigheaded idiot.”

“Shut the f^ck, I’m just asking…”

Jessica listened to the conversation as she blindly walked inside the warehouse, away from her heartless and numb companions. She stopped right in front of a metal door and managed to whisper prayers of apologies before entering the room.

And just like the past 3 days, at exactly 1:00 in the afternoon, when her companions would surely be wide awake until god knows how long, she sat on the floor, across from the pale brunette.

The blond only leaves when she needs to use the comfort room and get them some food. Sometimes, she won’t even budge.

Why?

After a couple of minutes, the metal door opens, revealing a rather disgusting old man.

“Hey, Jung. Just go out for a minute, will you?  I just need a release. A very very nice release with that pure b^tch over there.”

Jessica grabbed her gun beside her and pointed it at the now disappointed ert. “If you won’t go out of this room this instant, I won’t mind killing you.”

And Jessica felt herself growl when the man turned around with a dirty smirk.

“I don’t understand why boss didn’t give us guns. If he did, I would definitely use that to taste both of you women. Tsk.”

And when the metal door closed, Jessica felt herself tremble in anger before looking at the sleeping brunette. With a heavy sigh, she reached for the only bread in her jacket’s pocket and placed it in the brunette’s palm.

“I’m sorry if I can only offer you that bread again…It seems that I can’t go out and get you some food..”

And the blond found herself staring at the brunette for the longest time.

It’s becoming a habit…She knows.

 

++++++

 

“How are you?”

Jessica looked at her friend solemnly. “Yoona…Why are you always asking me that?”

“I just want to know. We just need to know your feelings…”

Jessica chuckled upon noticing more than one pair of eyes observing her. But just as quickly, her chuckles became silent cries.

“I have never experience pure happiness ever since that day…and—and I know I’ll never will..”

 

I know you’re still hurting. I know you have nightmares for your roommate, Yoona, always tell me. Jessi, I know there are pains within you…and you find it hard erasing them…

 

“Don’t say that, unnie. You deserve to be happy and I know you’ll eventually experience that.”

Jessica hummed before looking out the glass window, looking at the peaceful sky. “I..I hope you’re right..”

 

And I know whenever you see me, you’re reminded of everything…and so I decided to…

 

“Just believe me unnie…”

Jessica smiled, longing sparked within her. “I believe…”

 

…I decided to get away, be away from you until we’re both healed or…numb..Either way, I believe that we’ll eventually meet again…I can feel it..

 

 

++++++

 

 

“Hey…”

The brunette is awake and so Jessica made sure to keep her gaze away from the former.

“Won’t you ever talk to me? You’re always here but you never speak.”

Jessica pursed her lips as she closed her eyes.

“I guess that’s a no?”

And the blond felt alarmed when she heard shuffling of feet. The brunette moved away from her spot in the room for the first time.

“Thank you for looking after me..”

Snapping her eyes open, Jessica was surprised upon seeing Tiffany sitting just an arm away from her. She balled her fist.

“Have you eaten?”

Is this bride even serious??

The brunette offered the bread in her hand. “You always let me eat but you don’t. You don’t eat and even drink for the span of 10 hours and that is very unhealthy.”

Jessica kept her straight face.

Frowning, the brunette heaved as she breaks the bread and placed the half of it on the blonde’s lap.

“I’m expecting you to eat that—“

“I can’t get out of this room until those men sleeps. I can’t get us food so get this bread out of my lap and keep it for yourself.”

And the blond wonders why the brunette even smiled.

“That’s the very reason why I want you to eat as well.”

Jessica almost stood, ready to escape whatever weird things that are starting to arise in the room but a hand stopped her.

“If you won’t eat, you’ll get sick…and if you’ll get sick..no one will look after me anymore..”

The blond grimaced upon hearing the rest.

“I feel safe…only around you…so please?”

What’s that supposed to mean?

 

++++++

 

 

“Sica unnie?”

“Yes, Seohyun?”

“Have you…have you seen her?”

Jessica blinked and that’s when it started raining…Her melancholic eyes had finally given up.

“No.”

 

Don’t even try to find me…because you won’t…you won’t be able to find me so please…

 

Jessica tried her best to trap her sobs in her lungs and it hurts.

“I-I didn’t find her…I tried finding her around all the corners of America but b-but…”

“Hey…hey unnie it’s okay..”

 

Always stay warm and healthy for me.  I won’t forgive you if you let yourself get sick. Don’t be so careless and don’t forget to take care of yourself well. I won’t be there to remind you so imprint this in your mind…

 

“I didn’t f-find her in E-europe as well…W-where is s-she then?”

“Sica…I think you need to rest now. You didn’t even sleep after your flight.”

“Sunny, no I—“

“We’ll talk about this again when you wake up.”

 

Don’t ever forget…don’t ever forget any word in this letter…

 

Jessica heaved, defeated. It’s not like she could protest any further. Only God knows that she’s feeling so empty. So empty she could break down at any moment. If Sunny hadn’t interrupted, she knows she’s already bawling. Crying the life out of her that was still left within her.

“Alright.”

 

..and I promise to never forget the whole you in return…

 

++++++

 

“Why aren’t you eating again?”

“Because you aren’t.”

Jessica gritted her teeth. “I don’t need to eat but you..you need it.”

“You don’t need it?” The brunette almost scoffed. “We’re both human and ‘em sure you need food as much as I need it.”

“It’s not your f^cking business if I will eat or not.” Jessica didn’t ever want to curse at her but her emotional outburst is starting to dominate.

"Then it’s not your business if I will eat or not as well.” The brunette countered.

“You’re my hostage and so it is my business!!”

And the blond regretted saying those words when a tear suddenly caressed the brunette’s cheek.

“I’m-.. You’re right. I’m your hostage.” With trembling lips, the brunette continued as she began eating mechanically. “I need to eat to not screw you up with those men outside.”

Why the hell is she even consideri—

“I don’t understand you.” Jessica uttered with gritted teeth.

“So am I.”

“And you don’t need to even understand me—“

“Why are you looking after me?” The brunette looked at the blonde’s eyes in full seriousness.

Jessica’s rationality twitched.

“You know the answer.”

“I don’t. So please enlighten me.”

“Because you’re my hostage—“

“Liar.”

Jessica swears she wanted, no, needed to get out of the room. The brunette’s piercing stares are starting to scare her senses and sanity.

“Then believe what you want to believe.”

The brunette’s gaze didn’t falter and the blond tried her best to do the same.

“I will.”

“What do you believe then?”

And Jessica lost the battle as she averted her gaze upon hearing the brunette’s response.

“Because you’re attracted to me..”

This can’t be happening.

“The moment our eyes locked the first time, you’re already attracted to me…” The brunette continued.

Jessica blinked multiple of times as her tears started to fail her.

This can’t be happening.

“No.”

“Learn to accept it..”

Jessica shook her head and decided to finally leave the room only to stand just right outside the door for hours, thinking how this situation could lead to this.

“This is…” She started to whisper along with her pained chuckles. “Everything is starting to be absurd..”

 

++++++

 

Maybe you’re wondering how did I know it? Well it’s simple…

 

That night, Jessica had a dream.

And it is always the same dream.

It’s her.

It’s always been her.

The whole her.

 

…it’s because I experience it as well. I know it’s weird…Strange. Strange to feel attached to someone who popped out of nowhere to hostage you…

 

Jessica dreamt of her warm smiles and how she speaks and moves.

 

It’s strange to feel secured around the person who snatched you away from the future you thought of having…

 

Jessica dreamt of her eyes and how she stared. How she looks at her genuinely and full of forgiveness and understanding.

 

It’s strange to long for the presence of a person who you knew planned to kill you after getting the ransom…

 

Jessica dreamt of her lips uttering loving words and full of sincerity.

 

And do you know? I cried not because those men were shoving me inside the van. Not because I know I was being hostage…Not because I know my future was about to change…But…

 

But Jessica felt herself suffocating when she started slipping away from her reached…away from her sight…

 

…but because the moment my eyes locked with yours that very first day…I fell out of love to the person I was supposed to marry…

 

Jessica’s eyes snapped open. Her body full of sweats. Heart beats irregular. And she found her face buried within her cold palms in seconds.

The blond heard Tiffany confessed her love just before she woke up.

 

Jessi..? What do you think that’s supposed to mean?

 

Jessica started whispering as she cried. “I….Tiffany I—“

 

I love you…

 

“I love you.”

 

++++++

 

“Boss! Tomorrow’s the day right??”

“Yes and remember, once you guys got the ransom, kill them.”

“Yeah! I’ll shot ‘em in the head!”

Jessica bit her tongue before she could utter a word. She wanted to protest. She wanted to retreat or just disappear. She didn’t know everything will lead to t—

“Hey, sis?”

Jessica looked up to see her brother with an evil smirk.

“Tomorrow…we’ll finally be millionaires…” Her brother laughed before continuing. “That b^tch will finally die and I can finally handle the company—“

“Who are you talking about?” Jessica’s voice faltered but she didn’t care. She didn’t care for this is the first time her brother told her something about company— “What company are you talking about Heechul!!?”

And Jessica wanted to die right on her spot when Heechul responded.

“Who else? Taecyeon will finally die tomorrow.”

“W-what?” Jessica blinked. “Wha- H-how…Why didn’t you tell me we’re killing our own family member?!”

“Hey, you didn’t ask and just told me that you’ll support whatever my de—“

“Taecyeon is our f^ucking cousin!! OUR F^CKING COUSIN! What do you think you’re doing!!? He’s a good man for Pete’s sake!!”’

“GOOD MAN!? Are you drunk, sis!? He’s not a good man! Look, we didn’t even know he’s getting married and he snatched away all the things that were supposed to be mine!! I was supposed to be the heir, no, I am the heir not him!!”

Jessica could only look at her brother in disbelief. She didn’t know her brother was this desperate…can go this crazy.... “Heechul, what heir are you talking about? You can’t be the heir since you’re not the son of the first born—“

“SHUT THE HELL UP!” Heechul scowled. “Just shut the hell up and just support my decision, sis and I promise you, we’ll not be as poor as before…Even if our parents died, we can now finally live well just...” Heechul heaved. “Just support me this one last time, hm?”

A mere shake of the head.

“No, oppa. I- can’t kill our cousin…we-we’re not even way too poor…we’re not beggars yet so we can still cancel thi—“

“STOP!” Heechul greeted his teeth as he looked at the blonde menacingly. “I’m your brother and so you’ll help and support me.”

“N—“

“That’s final!”

And Jessica could only walk out of the room blindly. Her control vanished once she met face to face with the metal door she always sees these previous days.

“I’m so…” Jessica whispered breathlessly. “I’m sorry…” She touched the cold door with her palms. “I’m-I’m sorry on behalf of h-him...He’s good…he’s a good man I swear…He’s better than this.”

A tear fell.

“Oh my god…” Jessica whispered before the other tears followed the first one. She breathed in a lungful of air to muffle the incoming sobs only to fail.

And as she wiped her unstoppable tears, the metal door suddenly opened revealing her friend wearing nothing but his boxer short.

She felt her heart breaking slowly.

“L-Leechun? Wha- WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!”

 

++++++

 

Jessi, I mean it..

 

Jessica breathes in the cold wind as she watched the blinking stars.

“Why are you out this early? What are you thinking?”

“Sunny?”

“Hm?

“I can’t understand…”

“What can’t you understand?’’

“I don’t understand why she didn’t let the police take me…”

“Sica…do you even guess what’ll happen to her if she let the police take you?”

“….”

“Her life will be miserable. You’re all she needed…She needs you to be around for her. She needs you to be strong for her. She needs you to smile for her. She needs to feel you—“

“Stop.”

Sunny heaved in disapproval. “Among all of us…you’re the one who must understand…”

“Sunny…I would never understand her reasons behind it.”

 

I didn’t let the police take you for I know you’re not really at fault. I didn’t let them take you for you’re the only one I got. You’re the only one I needed most. I need you badly to be by my side…and so please…

 

“You’re all saying she needs me…” Jessica chuckled. “..And yeah..I didn’t leave her…”

 

And so please…please stay with me always…

 

“..But Sunny…” Jessica’s voice wavered, it cracked. “…She...she’s the one who left me.”

And Sunny swear she felt tears threatening to escape her eyes upon hearing her friend’s heart breaking tone.

“She’s the one who left me…”

 

++++++

 

 

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?!”

“Yah! Jessica get a hold of yourself!”

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!”

Leechun held both of the blonde’s arms as the latter started punching him nonstop. “Jessica! What the hell!”

“If you f^cking touch her I‘ll f^cking kill you!”

“But I didn’t do anything!”

“Liar!” Jessica hissed as she succeeded in freeing her arms. She got a hold of her gun and pointed it at the baffled man in front of her.

Leechun sighed as he raised both of his hands in surrender. “Man, you need to believe me. I didn’t do anything. Just go inside and take a look for yourself.”

With trembling hands, Jessica lowered the gun and ran to the room. She relaxed upon seeing the brunette standing across from her, fully clothed, and looking just as how she left her.

“Are you..” Jessica felt like dying as she hesitantly asked. “D-did he touch-..”

The brunette gave her a reassuring smile. “You don’t have to worry, he didn’t even lay a finger. We just talked.”

“Now do you believe me?”

Jessica scoffed as she finally breathes. “The hell—“

“You’re just so worked up.”

Tiffany stood next to the blond to calm whatever’s bothering the latter and she knows its working.

“What the hell are you doing here? Why aren’t you in the meeting room—“

“Boss…I mean your brother told me to watch over this bride. To make sure she won’t escape.”

Jessica frowned as she kept her gun away. “Alright, now why don’t you just go and I’ll take charge from here on.”

Leechun grinned as he saluted. “Roger that! I’m starving anyway.”

And before he can even walk out of the room, he managed to whisper delicately, enough for all of them to hear.

 

“I am your brother’s friend but…..I’m also your friend, Jessica. If you need help about something, just give me a signal.”

 

+++++

 

 

“Sica unnie?”

“Yes, Yoong?”

“Are you sure you don’t want to come with us?”

“Nah…just enjoy swimming guys..”

“Alright. Just call us if you need something.”

Jessica smiled as Yoona waved before closing the door. Sighing, the blond opened the small box she was holding, revealing a gold diamond ring.

 

Do you still have the ring he asked you to keep? He asked you to let go the moment you moved on with all the nightmares that happened? I just wanted you to know that I still have its couple…

 

Jessica smiled as she caressed the ring with her fingers.

 

…But I am not wearing it anymore…

 

The blond raised the gold ring and examined it. The ring was just as beautiful as before.

 

…Because I’m waiting for someone to wear it again on my ring finger…

 

Jessica closed her fist, cradling the ring with her palm.

 

But I’m sure no one will do it and I learned to accept it.

 

Jessica went out of her room and run to the shore. Her friends looked at her with concern.

 

…Will I…will someone…

 

With all the strength she has, Jessica threw the ring as far as she could, making her friends gasped. They knew what that means.

 

..Will there ever be someone…anybody who’ll slip a ring—

 

“Tiffany Hwang!! I swear to give you a wedding ring the moment I see you!!”

After two years, the blonde’s friends finally felt relieved.

“I’ll give you a wedding ring I have difficulty buying!! I SWEAR!”

Jessica started grinning. Her old her is starting to come back.

 

“So make sure you’ll say yes.”

 

++++++

 

 

“Soooo…” The brunette dragged her word before continuing. “You do care for me, eh?”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “You know it from the beginning so why ask?”

The brunette chuckled. “Is it wrong if I say I want to hear that coming out from your mouth?”

With a raised eyebrow, Jessica looked at the brunette. “Yes, it is wrong.”

“Eh? How?” The brunette crossed her arms. “Will you enlighten me?”

Jessica sighed. “C’mon—“

“Tiffany. The name’s Tiffany Hwang. Don’t you ever forget.”

Jessica kept herself from smiling. “Alright. Alright Tiffany Hwang. So just shut it, will you?”

“Why do you always ruin our conversations?”

“What?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes as she sat beside the blond on the floor. “I always initiate a good and innocent conversation but you always ruin it.”

Jessica bit her tongue. “Because it’s so wrong. Just wrong.”

“And I am asking why?”

“Yo—“

“I demand for an answer.”

“You don’t need one—“

“That’s what you thought—“

“That’s what you assume—“

“Look, Jessica Jung.” Tiffany gritted her teeth. This game needs to stop between them. “If we want something out from this, we need to end whatever game we have here.”

Jessica scoffed. “This is not a game, Tiffany. This is the reality, face it—“

“No.” Tiffany hissed as she looked at the blond firmly. “You’re the one who needs to face the reality and that reality is this.”

Jessica was surprised. NO. She was way beyond surprised when Tiffany held her hand and wrapped the other around her neck, embracing her intimately.

“Tiff—“

“This is the reality and you need to face it, Jess.” Tiffany can feel that Jessica’s still not responding and she can’t accept that. “…or do you still need another way for me to show you the reality you deny yourself?”

Without waiting for a reply, Tiffany leaned back before leaning in again, pressing her lips at the corner of the blonde’s lips.

Jessica’s breath hitched as her heart beats became irregular. She felt Tiffany breathing her scent when the latter retreated centimeters away from her.

“Was that enough or you need more?”

And before Tiffany can fully take the blonde’s lips, the latter pushed her away. Tiffany frowned as she closed her eyes. She already knows what the blond would say.

“You…You’re not yourself…and..-You’re getting married Tiffany…”

Tiffany breathlessly laughed. “Is that the reason why you’re being like this?”

“No.”

“Then what?”

“I can’t be with you, Tiffany. You need to understand…I won’t ever be good enough for you.”

Tiffany opened her eyes and pierced the other pair of orbs.

“Now who assumes things?”

“Tiffany Hwang…” Jessica heaved. “Always remember this. I’m one of them. The person who hostage you. Don’t ever forget that and whatever is starting inside this room…ends right this instant.”

“Do you…” Tiffany looked on the floor as she quietly asked. “Do you..even mean t-that?”

Jessica stood and headed for the door.

She doesn’t have much choice—

 

“Yes…I-…

 

…I do.”

 

 

And she failed seeing the brunette’s lost eyes.

 

++++++

 

 

“Are you sure, Sica?”

Jessica looked at her newly bought plane ticket. “Yeah…I’m sure.”

Sunny smiled as she patted her friend’s head. “Then I support you. We support you don’t worry.”

“Just don’t forget to buy us anything from Thailand, okay?”

Jessica laughed. “Of course.”

“And when you find her, tell her to come back real quick.”

“That I’ll promise.”

 

 

Jessi? Wait for me okay? Don’t ever forget me, promise me…”

 

 

“Don’t break your promise then.”

Jessica smiled at her friend. “I don’t break promises and you know it.”

 

 

++++++

 

 

Jessica wanted to die. She badly wanted to the moment she saw how miserable Taecyeon is.

Her cousin was pale with dark circles around his eyes. She even found him crying after every 15 minutes.

And Jessica regrets everything. She regrets helping her own brother.

Everything.

“Jessica?”

The blond hugged her cousin when the latter cried upon seeing her.

“Jessica…I-I..I don’t know what to d-do anymore—“

“Shh..Enough…Everything will be alright Taec…everything will be alright…”

Jessica closed her eyes and swears she rather be a beggar than to feel this overwhelming guilt that’s eating her.

“I promise…”

And when her cousin relaxed and fell asleep on his bed, she went out of the room and reached for her phone.

 

 

 

Hello?

 

“Leechun…

 

Oh Sica! What’s yp?

 

“You’re my friend…right?”

 

++++++

 

 

Jessi? I really wonder if you’ll miss me…will you even?

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to accompany you over that cliff?”

“Naah…Thanks for the ride, Sunny..”

“Alright then I’ll be going..”

Jessica smiled as she waved at her friend. She bit her tongue before facing the place she was at. She needs to visit this place before leaving…She needs to read that letter again before leaving…That letter is her source of life. She was certain more than ever.

 

Jessi? Will you even think of me once I’m gone?

 

Jessica panted as she reached the cliff. She observed the area before digging the same spot for how many times now.

 

Well I hope you will because I know I’ll think and will miss you the moment we separate…

 

And as the blond got a hold of the same box where the letter lies, her being started to tremble once again…

 

…And I know I will love you more…

 

Jessica felt her breath hitched the moment the box opened…

 

But Jessi…Jessica Jung…will you even feel the same?

 

The box opened and left the blond speechless for about a minute for she sees a different letter.

 

Will you still love me after this separation? Do you-----

 

With loud beating heart and shaking fingers, Jessica grabbed the letter and read its content.

 

Do you still love me…Jessi?

 

Tears build up as Jessica finally read the continuation of the old letter. She swears she felt something within her burst and being freed.

 

Do you still see me the same as before?

 

Jessica started crying as she folded the letter and kept it inside her sweaters’ pocket. She maneuvered and started running for the main road.

“Tiffany I..”

 

Jessi? I’m going to Japan…will you…would you want to meet me at the airport right now?

 

Jessica felt herself choke as she speaks while panting.

“I’ve waited for you, Tiffany and s-so y-you need to wait for m-me…”

 

I don’t know if we’ll meet though…My flight is this afternoon, 3:00pm and I don’t even know if you would be able to read this letter…But I believe…I still believe…

 

Jessica looked at her watch and it read 3:35pm.

“No-No, no, no.” Jessica panted like a mantra as she now hailed a taxi and asked the old man to drive as fast as he could. “Tiffany…” She wiped her tear stained cheeks. “W-wait for me. I’m still coming…

The blonde looked at her watch once again and it read 3:50pm. Jessica started sobbing.

“God no…I love you so please don’t leave me…”

 

++++++

 

 

The metal door opened revealing a rather lethargic blond with unreadable face.

“Jessica?”

Without a word, Jessica knelt in front of the brunette with her head hung low.

“What are yo—“

“I am so sorry but I promise I‘ll make things right..” The blond placed a bag in between them. “These are my unused clothes, please change because you’ll need to.”

With furrowed brows, Tiffany touched Jessica’s chin and lifted her head. She was right. The blond is already crying.

“What happened?”

Jessica blinked as she refused to make an eye contact. “I’ll leave so you can change.”

“Hey, wait..”

But the blonde ignored her and still headed for the door.

“Jess—Jessi wait.”

The blond gritted her teeth as she reached for the knob. But instead of the knob, her hand touched another—

“I said wait.” Tiffany glared when the blond tried retreating. “What happened? Why are you crying? Why are you being like this?”

Jessica closed her eyes as she breathes in. “I promise to make things right.”

And when the blond turned to lock her eyes with the brunette, the latter unconsciously wished for this not to end.

“You…” Tiffany’s lips trembled. “I won’t see you after this, right?”

And for the first time, Tiffany saw the blond smile and now she swears she doesn’t want this to end.

“That’s how it was supposed to be.”

Tiffany was left speechless for the longest time.

 

++++++

 

 

“This is not happening. This is not happening. No, this is so not happening.” Jessica recited upon reaching her destination. She looked at her watch and it read 4:30pm. She blinked her eyes before tears fell. She looked around the area with blurred vision.

“She left me. Not again…”

Jessica hitched a breath as a lone sob resonated.

“Why?”

She cried and she doesn’t know how many times she had done that already.

 

++++++

 

 

Tiffany wanted to cry. She wanted to do it badly the moment the metal door opened revealing the men who took her from her house.

She looked behind the men only to prove that the blond is not with them. She felt her stomach whirl as she closed her eyes.

And she’s not surprised upon seeing the blonde’s features behind her eyelids. Her lips formed a soft smile.

She would just have to close her eyes this whole ordeal for her to somehow feel calm…and secure.

Jessica

“Bring her out…”

But before the men can even lay a hand, a gun shot was heard.

Snapping her eyes open, Tiffany almost sobbed upon seeing her, looking alarmed.

Jessica

“GUYS! POLICEMEN ARE EVERYWHERE!”

“That Taecyeon b^tch can’t even hold onto his words!”

“We said no polce must com—“

“JUST GO F^CKING OUTSIDE AND HELP LEECHUN ON HOLDING THE POLICE FROM ENTERING THE WAREHOUSE!” Jessica shouted and when the men scampered away from the area, the blond made sure to deliver her message to the brunette.

“Listen, Tiffany. This is your only opportunity to escape so don’t screw it up.”

But Tiffany doesn’t want to. She doesn’t want to unless—

“I’ll see you again, right?”

Jessica averted her gaze. “Tiffany Hwang, we need to go now if we want to—“

“Answer me.”

“Tiffany Hw—“

“Don’t call me as if you just met me!” Tiffany finally snapped and this shut Jessica.

The blond heaved. “Look, let’s talk about this later. We really need to move out now if you even wanted to—“

“I’m not moving unless you answer me correctly.”

Correctly?

“Tiff—“

“Answer me correctly.”

Jessica swear if looks could kill, she was dea—

 

“And so you plan to help her escape, my dearest sister…”

The blond automatically closed her eyes. This is the possibility she dreaded the most.

 

++++++

 

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

Sunny shouted when her favorite character in the movie died. She heaved.

“This is why I hate watching movies I love.”

Her head snapped when she heard a knock on her front door. She raised her brow as she decided to entertain whoever her visitor. She stopped the moment she got a hold of the knob.

And in a snap, her body started trembling as her vision blurred. Even if she knew that won’t happen again, she can’t help but to still be afraid.

Afraid of making another mistake.

Afraid of—

 

Tiffany?

Yes?

Would you mind if I go to the comfort room? Your bridesmaid really needs to get rid of these rocks inside her stomach!

Gosh just go already and just poop!

Don’t say it that way!

But it’s true!

Ugh! Whatever! Wait for me okay?

Of course you idiot. I can’t leave without you, remember?

 

*knock*

 

“Open the door for me Pany! I’m in the middle of—“

“Gosh okay! You don’t need to say!

“…….”

“……”

“……”

“……”

“……”

“Aaahh finally! Pany that’s refreshi—Tiffany?”

“…….”

“Yah Tiffany? Where are you?”

“……”

“This is not a joke..Tiffany!”

“Tif—

 

*KNOCK KNOCK!*

Snapping out of her reverie, Sunny inhaled a lungful before finally opening the door, ignoring all the negative thoughts that were starting to invade her being.

 

 

++++++

 

 

“Don’t come any closer…” Jessica warned as she pointed her gun towards Heechul, her other hand reaching for Tiffany’s.

Heechul smirked as he continued advancing. “C’mon sis. You don’t mind me near you before.”

“Not this time, oppa.” Jessica’s eyes blurred as she hid the brunette behind her. “Just not this time.”

“Why?”

“Let her escape. Please, I’m begging yo“

“Will you shot me if I won’t?” Heechul narrowed his eyes in anger as he sees her sister hesitates. “Don’t tell me you’ll choose that b^tch over me?!“

And the lack of response from the blond made Heechul lost the rest of it. He reached for his gun in a snap and pointed it towards the brunette.

“You…” He gritted his teeth. “I-I’LL KILL YOU!!”

As simple as that, a gun shot was heard.

And Jessica witnessed how her loved one fell on the floor for the second time.

 

And it hurts.

 

It hurts…

 

It hurts more than what your heart and mind can ever understand.

 

She breathes in before shaky sobs failed her.

 

“OPpa!”

 

 

 

++++++

 

 

“C’mon, Sica. C’mon pick up!” Sunny heaved as she slumped on her sofa.

“She’s still not picking up?”

Sunny nodded before dialing again. She glared at her friend. “Why didn’t you show up earlier? Now this!”

“I’m sorry.”

Sunny rolled her eyes. “Now look. She thinks you’re gone again!”

“I said I’m sorry.”

Sunny glared once more before her face lit up and in a snap, she handed the phone to her visitor.

 

 

Hello?

 

Sunny smiled softly, mirroring her visitor’s genuine smile.

 

Hello, Sunny?

 

Sunny beamed upon seeing her suddenly glowing visitor.

 

Tsk. If you plan to prank me again then you might want to think twice—

 

“Jessi…

 

…..it’s me…”

 

 

 

++++++

 

 

Everything happened in slow motion as agony painted the blonde’s eyes. She knelt beside her brother and Tiffany can only watch in despair. The latter looked up to see her fiancé holding up a gun.

“O-oppa…”

Taecyeon looked at the mourning blond on the floor. “How could…How could the two o-of you do this to m-me? How could you do this to me?!”

He wanted to fire. He wanted to badly shot Jessica if not for Tiffany’s hands that held him back.

“Jessica..tell me..tell me how can you do this to me!?”

“Oppa..please stop. Stop.” Tiffany held his fiancé’s face but the latter refused eye contact and continued raising his gun. “Listen…you have to listen to me! Jessica helped me. She’s helping me escape!”

“Shut up!” Taecyeon pushed the brunette away and sprinted towards the blond. He stopped when his gun finally touched the blonde’s forehead.

And his vision darkened when Jessica looked at him with lifeless eyes.

“You…You came by my house to check if I am complying isn’t it?” Taecyeon fumed. “That’s why you visited for the first time, am I right?!”

“No..I visited because I want to make things rig—“

“LIAR!” Taecyeon started pulling the trigger.

“OPPA no-“

“Just kill me if you wanted to!” Jessica cried and Tiffany was surprised when the former started begging. “He’s-he’s the only one I got but now...”

Tiffany’s tears blurred her vision. “Jessi..”

Jessica hitched a sob. “But now so…just.” She looked at Taecyeon square in the eye. “Just kill me as well…please”

“No, no, no..” Tiffany’s tears fell as she dashed towards the blond.

 

But it was too late.

 

A gun shot resonated and it pained her.

 

It pained her knowing that she cares…

 

That she cares for the blonde more than his fiancé who was shot and who was now fighting for his life.

 

 

++++++

 

 

Jessi...

    ….it’s me…

 

If her hand hadn’t caught the metal bar near her, Jessica’s sure she was now kneeling on the floor for her knees buckled the moment she heard that voice.

She released shaky breaths as she looked around the area she knew like the back of her hand.

 

Hey…I

      …I told you to wait for me, right? But where are you??

 

Jessica almost chuckled as she hears that same whining sound. She maneuvered and finally found the metal door she always shared her prayers with.

 

Sunny told me that you tried finding me in states and now you’re going to Thailand?

 

And after a couple of steps, she stood in front of the door and touched it with her palm. The moment she touched it, the memories came back to her like waves…

 

I told you not to find me…because..

 

Jessica closed her eyes as she held the phone with both hands, finding comfort at that husky and warming voice.

 

Because I know….I know we’ll meet again. And I planned to, I swear. I planned to. I‘m just….I’m just thinking of a right time…

 

With one last look at the metal door, Jessica decided to leave. Leaving every hunting memory that’s stopping her. Stopping her to be the person she must be.

 

Jessi? I’m here now…and I need to love you. So please….Where are you exactly?

 

Jessica stopped walking and looked at the clouds.

“I..”

She smiled.

“You don’t need to ask. I’m coming..”

 

 

++++++

 

 

 

“Jessica?”

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

“Doing what?”

 

Tiffany frowned upon seeing the blonde’s teary eyes.

 

“Tiff, I…I don’t deserve everything you’re giving me…” Jessica shook her head. “Just let the police take me as wel—“

 

“Excuse me miss, but are those the only suspects?”

 

Jessica looked up and saw her companions being dragged including her friend, Leechun who gave her a reassuring smile. She looked at the brunette beside her who was looking at her firmly.

 

Tiffany made sure that her point was clear to the blond.

 

“Yes…and that’s final.”

 

Jessica was not relieved at all.

 

 

++++++

 

 

 

Nervous. Giddy. Afraid?

 

Jessica doesn’t know what to feel the moment she stood right before Sunny’s front door. But she’s sure of one thing and she knew she forever will.

 

After how many rushed footsteps, a blond woman finally reached an antique door. She raised her right fist and knocked.

 

Heaving, Jessica raised her left fist and decided to knock.

 

And the door opened revealing a brunette with milky skin and the blond swear she felt her nerves shiver at the sight and lost all senses.

 

She counted three knocks before the door opened.

 

“Who are you?”

 

But Jessica received a different greeting this time and that’s all she wanted.

 

“Jessi…”

 

 

That husky voice warmed her but before she could utter a word, her companions –

 

 

“Jessica…”

 

That owner of that husky and loving voice is all Jessica needed for her to be healed. For her to be just the person she must be. She finally realized.

 

Jessica genuinely smiled.

 

“Tiffany, you’re wrong. You’re wrong because I waited. I waited for so long but I still love you.”

 

Tiffany’s cheeks heated up and Jessica can’t help but to hold the formers’ hand and embrace her. Embrace her life.

 

“God, I love you…

 

…More than what your heart can ever feel.”

 

 

 

+++++++

 

 

 

“Jessi?”

 

“Hm?”

 

Tiffany smiled. “Please believe me if I say that you must not feel guilty. Please believe me if I say—“

 

“I believe you…” Jessica almost chokes as she sees Tiffany’s eyes water.

 

“..and I love you..”

 

Tiffany nodded as tears escaped her eyes. She looked at Jessica lovingly.

 

“Don’t forget to visit that tree near the cliff, okay?”

 

“I will. Don’t worry, I will. But what will I do over there?

 

Tiffany closed her eyes as she kissed the blonde’s cheek.

 

“You’ll eventually find out…

 

…..You’ll find out..”

 

 

 

+++++++

 

 

 

 

END