My Only One II

"In A World Like This, I Got You..." (New: Nonsense)

My Only One

II.

-sagarael-

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

“Why do you want this path?”

“I don’t.”

 

Bottles of fruit drinks occupied the only bedside table situated between longing beds. Curtains knotted, windows were opened, welcoming the nature’s cool yet warm breeze calming the lines connecting the two ladies who sat on their respective bed.

The other looked up upon hearing the indifferent answer. She spent almost a minute in savoring the opportunity to observe her friend who is distantly reading her favorite novel. She hitched a breath before sitting up straight, totally facing her friend.

Sensing the searching yet earnest stare, the blonde accidentally dropped her book on her lap. She bit her lower lip before looking back at her friend who was still staring.

“W-what?”

Miyoung blinked. “H-huh? Oh! N-nothing!”

Raising a brow, Sooyeon watched her friend stumble on her bed and fumble with her own book. The latter continued reading with an apathetic attention. Shaking her head, Sooyeon decided to get back to reading only to hear a sudden question once again.

 

“Then why are you here?”

 

Looking back at her friend, Sooyeon noticed that the latter closed her book. It was obvious that she was totally uninterested and bored with the words imprinted.

“Why am I here?”

Miyoung nodded. “If you don’t want this path, then why are you here?”

“It’s to save my sister from this at an early age.” Sooeyon rolled her eyes. “Who would even screen a girl who was only 4 years old? That’s ridiculous.”

“That’s only SME, I guess. So this is not your dream?”

“Not ever.”

 

 

The enraptured silence from before came back before the blonde heard a nervous intake of air. She stared at her friend who started caressing her bed sheets.

 

 

“I…This was my dream…You know, to be recognized.”

 

Sooyeon smiled genuinely along with the entry of the cool breeze and Miyoung felt warmth surround her.

“I know…I can tell by the way you work so hard...the way you try so hard and just keep doing it. You’ll be the best I swear.”

 

“But…that was before..”

 

The blonde almost choked at her own words. “W-what? Do I need to take my words back then?”

Miyoung laugh. “No, no. You don’t have to.”

“Then…what do you mean that ‘that was before’?”

Giving her warmest smile, Miyoung placed her hand on her chest.

 

 

“Because I think…I now want this dream so that I can be with you..”

 

 

 

 

And the moment stopped. It stopped for both of them savored the moment. It was…gentle and full with promises.

Especially for the blonde. It was her first time to be treated like this. Like what Miyoung does to her.

 

“Miyoung I—“

 

A knock on the door resonated and interrupted the blonde but Miyoung did not dare break her doting stare with her. It just intensified.

The blonde felt an electrifying jolt in her stomach.

 

 

“W-who’s there?”

“It’s Mr. Nam, the caretaker of the apartment building.”

 

Jessica glanced at the door for a second before staring at her friend again..

“It’s Mr. Nam..”

Miyoung shook her head. “I don’t care.. Let’s continue talking.”

“B-But—“

“Just ignore him please—“

 

 

“I’m sorry whatever I interrupted but Tippany-ssi?”

 

Sooyeon’s ear perked up at the mention of the name but the owner of it doesn’t even care. She was interested to something else or rather…someone.

 

“You see…” The caretaker continued. “You’re not supposed to be here. You’re supposed to be rooming with Kim Taeyeon-ssi and not with Jung Sooyeon-ssi.”

 

And that was when Miyoung cared. She only cared after seeing the hurt that was slowly forming on the blonde’s features. She stood ready to fire back at the caretaker but stopped at the sight of the forming tears in the blonde’s eyes.

Miyoung’s lips quivered before locking the door supposed the caretaker decides to welcome himself in without permission. She then ran and straddled the blonde within her embrace in lightning speed.

“I’m not leaving.”

The blonde chuckled lightly, her head started to ache along with her chest upon a realization.

“See? Even the agency doesn’t want you to be with me.”

Miyoung scowled loudly and mustered her coldest glare at the door. Wishing to the stars that her hatred towards the person, who gave the order of her moving out would freeze him.

“That’s not true.”

“Who are you kidding?” Sooyeon scoffed.

“No one.”

Sooyeon shook her head and that was when Miyoung released her from her tight embrace only to cradle her face with gentleness.

“Listen. Even if they order me to leave this room, I won’t. I won’t leave as long as you’re not with me.”

“You can’t disobey them.”

Miyoung stared at the lonesome eyes in front of her and her own stare softens. The hatred she feels slowly pushed at the back of her mind to give the latter her affectionate gaze.

“I can. I…I am not leaving you. I can’t bare see that strained and guarded person I first met the moment I entered this room. I won’t allow that.”

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Can you still hear it?

 

The rustling of leaves, the swaying of grasses along with the wind, which carries the most pleasant scent of the flowers.  The flapping of wings as their owners sings a tranquil melody. The slightest movement of water crashing against stones, removing any blemish that hides their beauty.

 

Can you?

 

Because I can.

 

I still hear it along with your steady breathing as I hold your hand in the most intimate way I know, as I placed my palm on your flushing cheek.

 

It was the most beautiful dream.

 

The difference is, it was not.

 

For it was real.

 

 

And it is the reality.

 

And it actually happned.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

I am nervous.

 

Yes.

 

I am still the Hwang who always gets nervous whatever she does.

 

But only with her.

 

Only when it comes to her.

 

I closed my eyes before releasing the breath I was holding the whole time as I saunter towards this room.

And as I raised my hand to knock, I reminded myself to take deep breaths. This will be the first time I’ll see her after that dreading incident and I am…more than excited yet nervous. Just the thought of seeing her again made me blush and my stomach flutter.

 

I knocked.

 

 

Once

 

 

Twice

 

 

Thrice

 

 

After seconds, I heard the door unlocked and slowly, it opened and that was when my eyes met hers again.

 

It was…exhilaratingly heartwarming and unbearable for I saw it all. From the way her brown orbs slowly looked up and met my own pair. From the way her eyes portrayed a fleck of shock until it slowly turned into something whole, something that is achingly between joy and pain.

 

And when her eyes brimmed with tears and her lips quivered with longing, I hurled myself to her and hugged her. God, I embraced her as tightly as I could.

 

“Oh my god..”

 

I heard her whisper breathlessly before sobs slowly followed.

 

“T-Tiffany? Miyoung?”

 

I nodded and finally, my own tears cascade. “Yes, yes. It’s me. It is me. I’m here.”

 

I felt her shake violently and that was when everything sunk in her. She embraced me back urgently with the same intensity that I felt like our bodies became one.

 

And I love it.

 

I then felt her hand leave my back before I heard the door closed and locked.

And I wasted no time leading her to the couch. I straddled her and locked my limbs with hers. I then encircled my arm around her waist and the other around her neck.

 

She was locked skin to skin with my body and there was no way I’ll change it for the longest time. I need her close to me, very close.

 

I heard her intake a deep, shaky breath. She was still crying.

 

 

“T-Tiffany..”

 

 

Her voice surged with yearning and that was when I smiled.

 

 

 

“I’m here…Jessica. Sooyeon, I’m here.”

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

“You’re Kim Taeyeon, right?”

The said lady blinked, surprised at the tone directed towards her. It was so…bold and cold. She felt a tad of fear in her stomach.

“Y-yes.”

“Perfect.” Miyoung’s lips lifted a little. “I had a proposal to say to you.”

“W-what?”

Miyoung’s mood gloomed.  She was misinterpreted and she doesn’t like the slightest thought of it.

“Don’t get me wrong. My proposal is nowhere near intimate, care or even worry for you to hope. It can never happen to anyone except for one anyway.”

Taeyeon almost pouted despite her tad of fear. The brunette in front of her is a looker and—

“Stop daydreaming.” Miyoung demanded with which the short lady instantly followed. “Good. Anyway, my proposal is for you to request to the agency that you don’t need a roommate.”

“Excuse me?” Taeyeon was taken aback. “I can’t ever do that. What the company says, the company says and it will never change.”

Miyoung raised one of her eyebrows. “Even if they tell you to date someone they like you to date?”

Blinking once again, Taeyeon was speechless.

Miyoung smirked. “I hope you understand where I am getting. Anyway, I already requested that I don’t want to change my current roommate. But I want to be sure so I want you to request—“

“Whoa, whoa. Slow down.” Taeyeon raised her palms up to stop the brunette from further rambling. “I know where you’re getting but why do I need to do that? My room is so wide I could already see ghost flying around. So, I NEED roommate.”

Silence ensued after and Taeyeon did not fail to notice the slight quiver of the brunette’s lips, as if the latter forced herself not to cry.

“Yeah?” Miyoung responded, emotions empty and it further surprised the short lady. “Alright then. My business with you is finished. Thank you for the ample of time.”

Taeyeon watched as the brunette turned around and sauntered towards the practice room before her good conscience and apprehension got the best of her. They bumped with each other earlier with the brunette appearing very intimidating but now…she looked as if something crashed her lifeblood.

Miyoung did not stop making the short lady curse herself. The latter resolved to yelling.

“Why do you want me to do that anyway?!!!”

But upon seeing a sweating blonde come out of the practice room and how the brunette enlivened and feasted at the sight of the former. Taeyeon finally knew why and so she shook her head as she chuckled.

“That’s enough of an answer, I guess.”

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

And at this moment…

 

Can you still feel it?

 

The way I slowly left my bed and sat on the floor beside your bed. How I crossed my arms beside your shoulder and watch you sleep.

 

Can you?

 

The way I timidly and hesitantly raised my hand and caressed your cheek as tender as I could. How my fingertips ended at the corner of your lips and how my lips formed a fond smile in return.

 

And…the way the sheets felt as I raised and wrapped them around you.

 

Protectively.

 

Affectionately.

 

 

 

Can you feel it?

 

 

Because I can…

 

I can still feel the way my heart pounded when you opened your eyes the moment I was kissing your forehead, saying a late goodnight.

 

And I can still feel the warmth of your words for they jolted my heart.

 

You were awake the whole time I stared and touched you. But despite it, you were unaffected by my secretive bold actions and instead, pleaded me into joining you in your bed.

 

“I..I can’t take this anymore and I was awake the whole time. Please…stay here. Let us just share my bed.”

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Lips curved upwards as their blonde owner kept on watching how a certain brunette kept on making unconscious mistakes while dancing a debut song.

And when the brunette tripped, the blonde can’t take it anymore and howled laughters.

“What the? You! What’s funny with me tripping!? Nothing!”

The blonde clutched her stomach. “I-I’m sorry. I just can’t help it anymore after watching you trip for several times now.”

Rolling her eyes in annoyance, the brunette stood and muttered a fib ‘get lost’ and that automatically stopped the blonde from further laughing although she can’t help but to give snickers every now and then.

Miyoung glared at her friend and continued practicing.

And when she made a mistake again, Sooyeon finally stood, dusted the invisible dust on her pants and readied herself beside her friend.

Miyoung raised her brow. “What are you doing?”

“I’m gonna help you practice.”

“Huh? Do you even know how to dance this? This is not your debut song, remember?”

The blonde shrugged. “I know, but after watching you practice, I guess I kind of got it.

“You kidding me?”

“Nope. I’m serious.”

Skeptical, Miyoung then scoffed. “Alright, let us make a bet then.”

“A bet??”

“Yup.”

“Alright. What do you want?”

Miyoung’s eyes glistened with mischievousness. “If you don’t know the dance and you’ll just make me more confuse, you’ll sleep beside me for a month.”

Sooyeon flushed at the thought of it but gathered her pride in order to complain. “What!? For a month?! The first and last time I slept beside you we ended up tangled together because if not, one of us will end up falling!”

 

“Well, that’s the thought of it anyway.”

“What?”

 

Sooyeon was about to probe her friend, but the latter quickly turned and walked towards her fruit juice situated beside the blonde’s backpack.

Waving her hands in the air in dismissal, Sooyeon finally agreed without a damn.

“Deal. But when I ACTUALLY know the dance, you’ll let me kiss you.”

 

 

 

And everything suddenly stilled. The blonde paled. She paled miserably for she did not intend that to come out of her mind. That shouldn’t be shared. It was only for herself to think.

She shut her eyes in frustration before she courageously looked at the brunette, she expected a raised brow and a scrutiny.

 

 

But she was in for a surprise…

 

 

For the brunette’s mischievousness only intensified.

 

 

“Deal.”

 

 

 

 

 *****

 

 

 

The continuous loud, erratic pounding of my heart assured me that everything is real. That the girl, lady, woman, I love is close to me. Inside my embrace, inside my warmth, inside my intense love for her.

I tightened my hold on her and she did the same. I pressed my body even closer to her despite the fact that we are already pressed with each other. No space. Cloth to cloth, skin to skin. I just can’t get enough and I’m craving for more. I don’t want this to end.

And when she fleetingly pressed her lips at the corner of my lips, I almost lost my will of not doing anything to her. Almost, anymore intimacy with her, beyond this, I know I will snap.

She moved her hand and tangled her fingers in my hair.

 

“Tiff, is this real?”

 

I smiled, knowing that I’m not the only one praying that this is not a dream. “Yes. This is real. This moment is real.”

 

“But..God..” She then tried leaning away from my face but I did not let her. The moment she got her chance to look at my eyes, I quickly pressed our cheeks with each other once again. “H-how...Why are you h-here? You’re supposed to be in Seoul, practicing. That was the routine for the ido—“

 

I stopped her shaky words by placing my fingertips on her lips and it just felt so good to be able to do that again.

 

“Stop or I’ll think that you don’t want me here.”

 

“That’s not what I meant! I want you here. I need you here…with me.”

 

I smiled as I blushed and I’m sure I got even redder when she kissed my fingertips intimately.

 

“But I just want to know how can this happen.”

 

“This happened because I filed a month leave and they accepted thanks to our manager. Simply that way. Now, can we not talk about anything except us? This moment?”

 

“Of course, honey.”

 

Honey..

 

I repeated and that was the last straw of my restraint. I kissed the place on my fingertips where she kissed before straddling her even tighter. I made sure I was on top of her, body still pressed, before placing my lips centimeter away from hers.

 

We flushed at the gesture and at how intimately close we were.

 

I felt my heart, her heart thump erratically good, for we know that for every letter we’ll utter, our lips will definitely brush against each other and the feeling—

 

Honey, what are yo—“

 

“Say it again.” I whispered breathlessly and I can feel my heart aching from restraining myself too much.

 

And when I felt her lips form a smile, I know she got the message.

 

She lovingly complied in order to ease me.

 

And finally, she said the loving word I needed to hear.

 

“Honey…it’s been a while hm?”

 

“Yes.”

 

I responded as we locked our eyes and really, it’s been a while.

 

It’s been a while that these feelings we have for each otherwas too overwhelming to even suppress anymore.

 

“I love you.”

 

And there it was…the beginning of it all.

 

I said it with the conviction of life and death, forever and eternity, love and the heart.

 

For I love her the moment we met and it continuously getting even more passionate.

 

Tears reappeared as she returned my vow.

 

And I feel that…

 

We are one.

 

 

 

“You are my heart.”

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Have you ever listed the things you want to do?

 

I had.

 

But you crumpled that list and threw it away, out the room’s window.

 

I remember giving you a disbelieving look but all you did was chuckle and I was about to throw a fit of disappointment and complaints when you suddenly beat me to it, saying words as sencere and genuine as that of peacefulness.

 

And every word you said to me are true.

 

They will forever and eternally be true.

 

Right.

 

I don’t need a list.

 

I have you.

 

And I can do everything beyond that list with you.

 

 

 

Only with you.

 

 

 

 

 

My only one.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

Author’s note: WOW, I truly enjoyed this and I genuinely felt what I am writing LOL. The emotion I felt while writing this is just…so so good. Anyway guys, I hope you like this one! I’ll be seeing you on the next update, yeah? And hmm… I think I’ll post this one in SSF. I feel bad not posting it in my collection. *sigh*