08. Wonder

Luminosity

Sandeul walked out of the tent and gave her a glance back, she looked at him with disbelief and shock in her eyes. He turned away from her and his two friends approached him outside of his tent. He stopped as they met up together. "How did it go?" Jinyoung asked him, peeking into the tent to look for Haedeum but she had already run off by then. Sandeul looked back once and saw that Haedeum was gone.

"Not good. She is just like the others." Sandeul said sadly, "She remembers nothing.” He sighed, his shoulders slumped down, there was no way he could help her now.

"What are you going to do then? You just showed her what she can do." Dong Woo asked him. "I tried to give her some hints as well.” He looked at Sandeul in disbelief, he had tried to help the situation by watching her at school but it seemed like his efforts were futile.

"Nothing, I just have to wait for her to come to me now. She knows that she was the one who made the lantern change color so we wait." Sandeul said, he seemed optimistic but he still wasn’t sure if Haedeum would try out her powers. Using them helped the others remember, but if she didn’t use hers then he didn’t have a chance to help her.

"But that's really her right?" Jinyoung asked him, he had started walking and the other two following in step with him. They had to clean up now that the carnival was over for the night.

Sandeul nodded, "Did you see the show? She changed the lantern to her favorite shade of pink." He replied back. "I just need her to remember, that's all.” 

He walked along the tents and Gongchan joined them along with Baro as they walked together, "So? We also did what you asked, gave her the roses." Gongchan asked him, he was jumping out of shoes with excitement. He looked incredibly happy that they did their part of the job.

"The set isn't complete yet, she has to get two more from me once she remembers her powers." Sandeul told him and they walked towards their trailer. “Nine roses remember?” 

"You mean she doesn't remember you? But Hyukjin said she was available, she never tried to date any guys." Baro interjected, he held the door open for all of them to go inside. They walked in single file and he closed the door behind all of them.

"But she had a crush on Hyukjin, remember? Soccer captain at her school but he is and will always be with Jieun. Just like how Haedeum should be with us as well." Sandeul said sadly, "Let's just clean up and try to get some sleep." 

~

Haedeum watched Sandeul walk away from her and he looked sad as he did. She didn't understand why, he had just told her that she could do the same thing he could, change the light colors. But that also meant that she make a lightbulb turn on without electricity. 

And that she didn't understand, that was his magic trick, she had yet to figure out how he did that one, same with the lantern colors. But her curiosity got the best of her and she picked one at her waist level and left the tent.

She looked around and saw that Lime and Luna really had left without her. They were probably off to gossip some more about how Haedeum got called to be an assistant. Some friend Lime was, but Haedeum held the lantern protectively as she walked back home alone.

The lantern had no color in it and was a dim light, but it helped her get home. She looked around carefully to make sure no one was following her, she had a feeling that Sandeul had a lot of fans who would want to question her about her experience. It was not something she could deal with at the moment.

She saw her house in front of her and made sure to double check for stalkers. She opened her door and quickly closed it behind her, the dim light of the lantern lighting up her entryway slightly.

She sighed to herself, she had no idea why she decided to try it out, but she also had nothing to lose.

Her phone buzzed and she put the lantern on the table and checked it.

You lucky bish! You got to hold Sandeul's hand! Now everyone is going to be jealous of you tomorrow! Lime had texted her.

Haedeum shook her head before replying, There's nothing to be jealous of. I was his assistant and that's it. Besides, he left right after the audience cleared.

It took a few minutes but Lime replied back to her. It doesn't matter! Jessica wasn't his assistant yesterday, therefore you are the lucky one! And you didn't get his number? Are you stupid? He was right there?! 

Haedeum could hear Lime's frustration with her through the text. She sighed and tossed her phone to side, she would deal with that girl later. She had a more pressing dilemma in front of her, the lantern. She had set it on the table and the light had dimmed more while she had texted Lime. It didn't make any sense, she couldn't have been able to change the color of the lantern.

Sandeul had to be lying to her. 

Haedeum took the lantern back into her hands and it glowed a little brighter. She watched it, breathing slowly, it was amazing how this worked, she had to be crazy to believe she could change the color. She shook her head and put the lantern back down on the table and stood up abruptly. 

She stared at it, watching for any tricks of any sort. She let out a huff, before moving around to close all the curtains, she reached the last window, but she left it open because she thought it would be too hot to have no air in her house. She stared back at the lantern again and nothing about it had changed. It was weirdly opaque, so she couldn’t see if there was a lightbulb inside. But the weight of it didn’t feel like there was one. It didn’t make any sense honestly, she couldn’t believe this lantern could light up without anything in it. 

“You’re going crazy.” She muttered to herself, sitting back down in front of her couch, tapping the lantern out of annoyance. The color changed to a the same pink it had been earlier during the show when she tapped it. It was the same pink from her dream as well. 

She stared at it in amazement, there was no way that was possible. She tapped it again and it turned green this time. She tapped it faster and it changed over and over again, in a cycle, like a rainbow. The lantern got brighter each time she tapped it until it reached its full brightness. 

The lantern flashed over and over again, until it started to alternate between orange and pink. She stopped before jumping away from it, that didn’t make any sense, how was that possible? She couldn’t have been able to do that. 

She grabbed the lantern and threw it away from her, it didn’t break, it simply dimmed as it moved away from her. She peered at it again and looked away, “No way.” She mumbled.

She thought to herself as she tried to turn on her lights like how Shin Dong Woo did when he was sleeping. And they flickered slightly before flashing on brightly. 

“No way.” She breathed in amazement. “No way, no way.” 

“I told you so.” She turned to the voice and saw a familiar face at the window she had left open.


Author's Note;; 
EDITED please read again if you haven't ><
new update ;3 I might double update today lol. :3 <3 just cuz I'm a little inspired. But we shall see :3
enjoy~