01. Dependent

Luminosity

The sun rose on the horizon as her alarm went off. She hit snooze several times before the sun's rays peered through her curtains and hit her face.

Now, she had no choice but to get up. She hated it when the sun interrupted her beauty sleep, she had stayed up all night, watching this one drama and now she didn't have enough sleep. Why did men in school uniforms have to be so appealing?

She groaned as she dragged herself up and out of her bed, managing to grab clothes for her shower along the way. She turned off the light in her room and walked across the hall into her bathroom. 

Her hands fumbled around for the lights before she found the switch. Without the lights on, she could barely see anything. Nor would she wake up either. She needed the brightness to stay awake. It also made her feel safe, especially at night.

As the bright light hit her tired eyes, she let out a sigh of relief. “Thank God they’re turning on again.” She mumbled to herself.

It took her about 20 minutes but she managed to get changed, brush her teeth and perk herself up a little for her day. 

She had to use some of that cosmetic stuff to get rid of those disgusting eye bags from her lack of sleep. But other than that, she could do well with just some caffeine and BB cream on her face. Her Samsung rang out as she received a text message.

Ey yo, are you awake? She received as she smiled. It was from her best friend.

Yeah, why, what's up? She texted back. She double checked her appearance in the bathroom before turning off the light switch. Taking her school socks and her shoes, she got her backpack all ready.

Nothing, I'm bored and I don't want to go to school yet.  Chill at your place? She asked.

Nahhh… I want to go to class. Haedeum said back.

You just want to see if you can run into team captain. Her friend teased.

Shut up. See you in 10 minutes.

Haedeum left her house, locking the door behind her. She made sure she turned off all the lights behind her and headed to school.

Lime did have a point, she wanted to see the team captain right after they finished their morning runs. He played soccer and he was so good looking.

He would never give Haedeum the time of day though, she was not one of he popular girls. And he had girls on his arms all day.

But that didn't stop her from looking at him, she was certain he enjoyed walking around shirtless. He took pride in when girls watched him change, staring at his muscles ripple.

Of course, he was captain of the soccer team. So he was set to date the Queen Bee which Haedeum was not. She shook it off and got to school quickly, just in time to see the boys getting off the field.

He led the way as the others followed him into the locker room, they were all bumping chests and horsing around when he looked at Haedeum and she quickly looked away. He smiled as she pretended not to be staring at him. He disappeared into the locker room and saw Lime staring at her.

“Shut up.” Haedeum said, before Lime could even open .

“I haven’t even said anything!” Lime whined as Haedeum quickly power-walked to her locker and put in the combination to grab her books out.

“But you were going to.” Haedeum said, throwing her a look. 

“Okay, fine, yeah. But like what are you going to do? All you do is stare at Hyukjin all the time. He smiles at you when he sees you in the hallways but that’s it.”Lime said, getting on her case. 

Haedeum sighed, “I know, but he’s destined to go out with Lee Jieun, miss Prom Queen.” She told her friend. She reached into her locker to grab another book of hers and a red rose fell out.

“Oooooohhh!” Lime squealed, “Someone’s got a secret admirer.” 

Haedeum picked up the red rose and noticed that there was a yellow ribbon tied around it, “I guess, but doesn’t yellow also mean friendship?” She said, twirling it in her hands as she closed her locker.

"Whatever. You still got a rose from someone." Lime said, smacking her shoulder. "Come on, let's go to the classroom I have to tell you about this story I heard from Luna."

Haedeum rolled her eyes, that was one thing she could never understand with her friend. She was friends with Luna, the party animal and the girl who liked to go out and find guys to gawk at. Luna must have found another guy for the girls to swoon over.

"She told me they went to the traveling circus that's in town and this one magician guy was super cute and she said he was her age." Lime gushed.

"You do know that makes him older than us right?" Haedeum reminded her as they neared the classroom door.

"Yeah, whatever. Anyway, he apparently does this one trick with a lightbulb..." Lime continued on and Haedeum zoned her out. She saw the soccer captain walking her way with his friends and Haedeum could care less about what Lime said.

"Hey, Haedeum." Hyukjin greeted her with a smile.

"Hi, Hyukjin." She said quietly. Lime finally shut up when she realized the soccer team captain was talking to Haedeum.

"Nice rose, got it from your boyfriend?" He asked her, there was a grin on his face and Haedeum couldn't quite understand it.

"Actually, I have no idea. It didn't come with a note and it was in my locker." Haedeum answered.

"There's no need to be shy, Haedeum. Any guy would be lucky to have you as their girlfriend. Anyway, class is starting soon. See you around." Hyukjin said leaving the two girls speechless.

"Oh. My. God. He just spoke to you. You guys had a conversation together. Oh my god. I can see this blossoming romance already!" Lime gushed all over again.

"Lime, stop. He was just pointing out the rose, and he obviously thinks I have a boyfriend." Haedeum told her as she reached her desk.

Lime followed suit and sat at the desk right next to her. "Then invite him tonight, we can all go to the traveling carnival together." She said. "He can be your date."

Haedeum sighed and looked at the door, the small window showed Hyukjin talking to Lee Jieun with a big smile on his face, "Look, he's talking to his girlfriend. There's no point." She said, pointing.

Lime looked and glared at the other girl, "Fine then. Don't try to get a date with them, then come to the carnival to flirt with the magician guy." She grabbed Haedeum's arm and shook it around naggingly.

"I'll think about it. There's a lot of homework." Haedeum said as their teacher walked in.

"Good morning, class. We will start by watching a movie. Haedeum, could you hit the light switches behind you?" Their teacher said with a smile.

"Yes, ma'am." Haedeum answered and turned off one switch while their teacher got the movie together. She turned off the other once it started.

She felt a piece of trash land on her desk and she looked at Lime who was playing innocent.

Haedeum rolled her eyes and opened the note,

Please please please come tonight? I heard he's your type anyway. Jessica wants to try and snag him but she won't get the chance. 

Haedeum wrote back,

Like I said I'll think about it. Just wait and see.


Author's Note;;
please enjoy this! I will be writing this next and hopefully.. it'll be done :o soon-ish. 
it's a short fic for Sandeul.
And Hyukjin IS the one from 100%