Prologue

Luminosity

Hidden away from the prying eyes of the world, lied a small little city. It was a place where there was freedom, laughter, and security.

Where no matter the time of day, children could roam around freely. They didn't have to worry about the dangers of the real world.

There was no curfew and no rules. And two children were no different.

"Haedeum!" He called to her, as she ran away from him.

"You're not going to catch me!!" She shouted back. 

"I will! I always do!" He said, his legs moving faster, pushing himself further.

The two of them ran and ran, through the streets and alleys of the city. They dodged and dipped through the crowds of people who smiled at their childish game.

It wasn't until she ran into a dead end where the both of them managed to catch their breath.

He tapped her shoulder once, "Got you." He said.

Haedeum pouted a little, "No fair. You always win." She said sadly.

"I know, but you win other things. Like seeing the fireflies whenever you want." He told her, taking her hand and leading the way to their clearing.

In a place where they could find all the fireflies and play all day. They made their lights as they waited for the sun to set. 

Soon, only two light orbs could be seen from a distance. And that's all that was needed to gather all the fireflies to play with.

There were more lights in the clearing and they spun around as the fireflies came and joined in. The little lights gathering around the orbs, in awe and amazement.

"See.. You always gather more fireflies than I do." He told her. 

"It's because my light is brighter than yours. And these fireflies are special." She smiled at him.

"Just like you are." He replied back.

She blushed, a little red flush on her cheeks. "Stop it." She told him.

He reached over to hold her hand, "I won't. Haedeum, you know I mean it. Every word. Even though we're only children." He said.

"Jung Hwan. Nothing will ever change right?" She asked him.

"I'm sure of it." He replied.


Author's Note;
this is on the shorter side.
But I like it :o
So here is the prologue~ :o
this will be short.
Hope you guys like this ^^