06. A Fine Line

Luminosity

Luna led the way as they walked to the next tent over, it was blue and Haedeum knew it wasn't the tent with the magician guy, but she didn't say anything. If Luna wanted to get lost, then that was her problem.

But the obvious choice would be that the magician guy, Sandeul, his tent would be red, it would attract the most attention and garner the biggest audience.

Luna and Lime continued squealing over how Haedeum had talked to two cute guys, like they didn't see them at all yesterday. But from what Haedeum listened to, the two girls really hadn't seen those two events yesterday, they only went to Sandeul's magic show and that's it.

Haedeum thought that was a bit odd, of course, why wouldn't the carnival have each attraction every night? Unless Luna and Lime were just dumb enough to not go to every tent. 

Now, that the thought crossed her mind, it wasn't too far-fetched, they would get carried away when a cute guy was in the picture. Haedeum twirled the three roses she had between her fingers. 

Keeping count of this roses with yellow ribbons, she had already been given 5, and it couldn't have been a coincidence that they all had the same yellow ribbon around it. The problem was that Haedeum still didn't know who they were from, and it bothered her. She didn't have secret admirers, other people maybe, Jessica especially but not her.

She sighed to herself, it didn’t matter, she would enjoy this attention while she had it but until something else changed then she would accept the free roses. Lime yanked her wrist and pulled her towards the back row, in one of the taller tents. 

Haedeum looked up and saw a thin rope hanging between two poles with platforms. “We are sitting in the back this time?” She asked her friends.

“Yes, it is better to see the walker.” Lime answered her and they continued gushing about the guys they had seen today. “I bet Jessica didn’t even see this guys yesterday.”

“Oh, yeah. About that, how come neither of you saw them yesterday? Aren’t they attractions for the carnival?” Haedeum asked them, inserting herself into the conversation.

Lime and Luna looked at her with shock on their faces. “They weren’t there yesterday. At all! That’s why we didn’t see them. Yesterday, there was only one tent and it led to Sandeul and his magic tricks. Today, there’s so many more tents. It’s weird.” Luna answered her.

"But you didn't see them at all yesterday?" She asked them. "The tents should have been there."

"I don't know!" Lime said exasperatedly. "But either way, they're all attracted to giving you attention." 

"It's not like I asked for it. Do you want their attention? Be my guest." Haedeum said casually as blonde guy walked out into the center of the ring. He looked younger than the past acts but she didn't look too much into it, maybe it was what made his balance better than theirs.

"Ladies and gentleman, welcome to my show." He greeted all of them with a dramatic bow. "My name is Gongchan and tonight you will all witness me walk across that tiny wire above all of you. If you are too scared, then feel free to leave the tent now, those who want to witness this amazing trick, then please wait for me to climb up there." He bowed again before climbing up the ladder on one of the poles.

Haedeum and the other two girls watched as he placed his feet carefully as he climbed up. She noticed as some people left the stands, she wasn't sure why. If they were too chicken in case he fell on them, then why come to the carnival anyway? They only did nearly impossible tricks here.

He had gotten up to the top and stood on the platform and waved down to everybody. He grabbed the stick he kept up there and proceeded to put one foot on the wire. His body wobbled and the entire tent gasped in fright. 

He got his foot around and started to make his way across the bar he held kept his balance as the weight was distributed equally. She watched as his entire body shook, from fright or from being tense, she wasn't sure about that either. 

But he got halfway and he started to wobble even with the stick, he was taking slow deliberate steps across the rope and he was sweating. Haedeum could see the sweat drip from his forehead as he held the bar up and kept going. One foot in front of the other, he calmly made it to the other side and the audience rang out in cheers as he put on a show of being surprised and bowing. Haedeum rolled her eyes at him but she still clapped regardless, he had accomplished something and he deserved praise for that. 

"Everybody, now that you've seen me walk across this, now I will do it on a unicycle." He announced he took out his unicycle and started moving around on the platform. Haedeum watched him from above as did everyone in the crowd, but a light in the corner of her eye caught her attention. She looked and saw that it was just a pink lantern hanging by the door. 

She ignored it, even though it was eerily the same color as the ony from her dream. She watches as Gongchan zoomed across the wire on his unicycle and went back and forth again. He received applause every time and he ate it up. Haedeum sighed as he slightly got boring, once he proved he knew how to get across his trick wasn't as amazing as the first time, he stood on the platform closest to Haedeum and he held a bunch of roses in his hands.

"For all you ladies out there, I have a gift for you." He threw them out into the audience and all the girls jumped out of their seats to grab one. Haedeum watched him use it as a distraction to climb down the ladder without attention on him.

He got to the center of the ring just the girls stopped fighting over their roses. Lime and Luna both received one, having fought with the girl beside them for it. "Well, that's it for me ladies and gentlemen, I will have to bid you adieu." He bowed once and looked around. His eyes met with Haedeum and he approached her.

Luna and Lime slapped each other as they watched him walk closer. "You don't have any roses," he commented.

"Yeah I wasn't able to catch any." She replied to him. "It's okay though, my friends got theirs."

"No, you can't walk away without a rose from me. It's part of my act, he reached into his shirt and took out two with a yellow ribbon tied around them. "Here, you have roses now too." He told her and he started to walk away. "Please enjoy Sandeul hyung's show." He said, waving goodbye and walking out.

"Eeeeee!! He gave them to you personally!" Lime gushed, "Why are you so lucky?"

"It has nothing to do with me at all. Didn't you hear what he said, he had enough roses for every girl in the audience and I didn't get one." Haedeum explained away. She knew that it was weird as well, seeing as how her roses had a yellow ribbon tied around them and the others didn't. But she wasn't about to over analyze it with the other two girls. They would read too much into everything. 

They approached the main tent, the red one and so did everyone else at the carnival. Haedeum checked the time on her phone and she saw that it was almost 8:00pm. The main attraction would be timed so precisely so that everyone would gather to see it. Lime grabbed her wrist and tanked he all the way to the front row of the tent.

"We are going to show you this guy and you'll fall in love.” Luna teased happily, “Maybe you’ll get him, and then you’ll have to bring him around and show off to Jessica.”

“One step at a time, Luna. We don’t even know if he will like me yet.” Haedeum said.

“Of course he will, everyone here has been giving you attention. Of course, he will too.” Lime said dismissively. “Now, come on we have a show to watch.” 

As soon as she finished talking, a guy in an orange suit walked into the center of the ring, it was smaller than the other one Gongchan was in. He bowed around three times, “Welcome ladies and gentleman, my name is Sandeul.” 


Author's Note;;
Here we are. Another chapter.
I have to try harder to finish this but I have school and work :/ 
like I have work tomorrow morning.. And then homework~ :o 
Please enjoy :3