04. Light Orbs

Luminosity

Haedeum tossed and the couch until her body finally relaxed, her breathing was slow and she found herself running. Her feet were taking her around in circles. The grass felt soft beneath her feet, she didn’t question why she was barefoot, just where she was running to. The wind blew with her, causing her eyes to dry but her hair wasn’t in her face. 

She paused when she needed to catch her breath, she found herself in the middle of a clearing, in the valley of two hills. The dark trees surrounded her and she looked west and saw that it was twilight. She felt a shock at the difference in the time of day. It was brighter than where she was, the surprise causing her to pause.

But then she realized that she wasn’t worried, the sun was setting but she wasn’t afraid of the dark. Which was odd for herself, because she was afraid of being in complete darkness. Which happened on nights with the new moon. She turned back towards one of the hills and saw five figures standing at the top. She wasn’t sure if they were strangers or not, but she wasn’t afraid of them either, which meant they had to be friends of hers. One of them started waving at her and the rest joined in.

She waved back at them, grinning, her cheeks hurting from how wide she smiled. She couldn’t make out their faces but somehow she knew that they were familiar to her. She started running towards them, the uphill trek a bit more difficult than when she was running into the field. But when a ball of light distracted her, she saw it in her peripheral and she turned towards it, back into the valley.

It shined as the sun went to sleep for the night. She hadn’t even noticed that the sun had gone down completely until she stared at how bright the orb shined. She reached out to it and caught it in her hands, it didn’t burn her skin like she thought it would. In fact, it was cool to the touch and it just simply glowed. It was orange in color and it looked like the sun.

She held it in front of her, it was as wide as her torso and she could wrap her arms around it, if she wanted to. She looked around again and saw another one floating around her, she reached out for it with her right hand and moved too high for her. 

She spun and she felt a rush of wind and she looked down, realizing that she was wearing a dress. She hadn’t noticed it before but it was a nice light pale shade of yellow and it flared out nicely. Something made her dress glow pink and she looked up and saw the red light orb she was trying to get earlier hovering in front of her.

She looked up at the hill and saw someone smiling at her. She could barely make out his features but his pearly white teeth shined as the light orbs surrounded them as well. She picked another one up before more joined them. They were everywhere, she saw that they had more colors as well. The orange ones followed her but she saw some green ones hovering about.

There were also some blue ones that shined prettily in the moonlight. They were higher in the air than she could reach but they mixed with the other orbs. She saw some light pink ones in the distance and ran towards them.

She caught one in her hands and held it in front of her, it made her dress glow a light pink. She looked up at the hill and her friends were all waving at her now. She saw them move the orbs to follow her in a line, joining together in different colors.

She noticed a color that didn’t match the others, she reached out for it, letting go of the pink one in her hands. This one glowed the same color as her dress, it was bright, brighter than all the rest. She held it in her arms and she couldn’t stare at it for too long without hurting her eyes.

She looked around and she knew that all her friends were bringing the orbs around her, but the yellow one she held in front of her wasn’t their color. The five of them ran towards her and she smiled at them. She still didn’t know where this yellow orb came from though, but it didn’t matter at the time. She was happy to be with her friends again.

A brown-haired boy came up close to her and she could tell he was smiling, but the haze wouldn’t clear. She couldn’t remember his face properly. “You finally did it.” He told her excitedly, he led the yellow orb with her.

Haedeum frowned slightly as she couldn’t remember what had happened next. She stirred in her slumber, shaking her head. Did what? She opened her eyes suddenly and sat up in darkness. She sighed to herself, the candle had gone out, she wasn’t sure if it burnt out or the flame just went out. But she grabbed her phone to shine some light in the darkness and reached for the light switch.

She flipped it and the lights , she let out a sigh of relief and checked her candle. It had burnt to the bottom, and so she looked at the time and saw that it was long past midnight. Lime had sent her a couple more messages, probably gushing about the cute magician guy and how Jessica got him that night.

She sighed to herself, turning off the light again and using her phone to guide herself to her bed before passing out again for the night.

Her phone rang with her alarm in the morning and she took another shower to fix her hair and got her uniform on and headed for school. She saw Lime already waiting there for her, practically leaping out of her shoes.

“You missed out big time!” Lime said, linking her arm with Haedeum’s and walking to their class. She tuned out most of the spastic comments that Lime made but she didn’t hear anything about how Jessica scored that night.

“No one got with him?” Haedeum asked and then Lime gave her a look. 

“Ho ho! You did think he was cute huh?” Lime teased. 

“I never said that. I’m just asking why Jessica didn’t get him last night.” Haedeum replied haughtily. She wasn’t going to let Lime know she was slightly curious about this guy, she would never hear the end of it.

“Oh, okay. Sureee…” Lime agreed, “But anyway, he wasn’t interested in anyone last night. That didn’t stop any of them from trying though. He ignored everyone, if I didn’t know any better, I would think he wasn’t interested in girls.” She said.

“What do you mean if you didn’t know any better?” Haedeum asked.

Lime bit her lip, “Well.. He was talking to Hyukjin after his act and his face totally lit up when they talked about something and I am more than positive it was over a girl. Because they said something like ‘she will come’ though I don’t know who ‘she’ is.” She admitted.

“Hmm.. Okay.” Haedeum said carefully, as they walked into class once again. She wouldn’t bother with it until lunch time.


Author's Note;;
Woot another update :D lol. 
Enjoy guys :3
Hopefully I get this done soon >< lol. XD
I have so much to work on.. But I work 4 days in a row this week ><
but I have hope :D