Chapter 8

My Last Breath Is For You

 

Minji P.O.V

 

Tao and i had just arrived home. Just as i stepped out of the car, Luhan came running up to us. He bent down and put his hands on his knees as he was panting. "You... you..." He took a few deep breaths. "Lied".

"Luhan, what are you talking about?" Tao walked up to us and looked down at Luhan.

Luhan lifted his head up and sighed. "You said it was your baby" He straightened himself up and wiped the sweat off his forehead. "It's Kris' baby, isn't it?"

"No, it's mine" Tao wrapped his arm around my waist. "What makes you think Kris is able to create something as beautiful as a baby?"

"Because she's two months on the way. You didn't even know her two months ago!" Luhan clenched his fists and looked at me. "Kris thinks you've cheated on him. He's a mess, Minji. You should see your house, everything in his life is a huge mess right now. You're the only one who can fix this. I beg of you, Minji. Please, save him".

"Luhan, shut the up right now or i'll treat you the the exact same i would treat Kris" Tao threatened him.

"I don't care what you do to me! Kris needs our help right now! No, he needs Minji's help!" Luhan grabbed my wrist and started dragging me down the streets.

Tao ran up to us and pushed Luhan away. Luhan fell to the ground and looked up at Tao. "I warn you, Luhan! Stay away from both of us!" Tao looked at me with a gentle stare. "Let's go inside".

I watched Luhan lying on the ground as me and Tao walked towards the house. "Sorry" i mouthed to him. 

 

 

Luhan P.O.V

 

I got back up on my feet and dusted myself off. I turned around and ran back to Kris' house. 20 minutes later i arrived in front of his house. I walked up to his door and was about to knock when i saw the door was halfway open. I opened it and peeked inside. "Kris?" When i didn't get an answer, i walked inside and closed the door.

 

I walked into the living room, but stopped at soon as i entered. The living room was even worse from earlier i was here. Broken glass, broken furnitures, the couch and the chairs was knocked over and in the middle of the living room was Kris. He was lying on his back on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. His knuckes were bleeding and he had a few scratches on his face. I ran up to him and bent down next to him.

 

"Kris! What happened?!" I screamed as tears started to form in my eyes. 

He looked at me. "I thought you said you wouldn't be back until tomorrow?"

"I got kicked out of... you know whose house".

"Why?" Kris pulled himself up and groaned a little.

"You okay?" I put my hands around him to support him, but he rejected it.

"Yeah. Why were you kicked out?"

"I tried... to get Minji to come back with me here".

"She didn't want to?" Kris looked down.

"She didn't have a choice, Tao pulled her inside with him before she could say anything. I think he's just scared that Minji will choose you instead of him".

"I don't care anymore".

"You've always been a bad liar, Kris. That is one thing you can never run away from. How long are you going to keep lying to yourself and us? You're the only one who seems to believe your lies anyway. Tell me, how do you feel? Tell me your HONEST feelings. How did you feel when you hurt Minji? And when you noticed she had walked out on you? What did you feel?"

"Relief" He mumbled as he lied back down on the floor again.

I sighed and lied down next to him. "Kris... what happened to you?" I turned my head to look at his face. "You can tell me, i won't say a word to anyone. Don't you trust me?"

"Why should i?"

"Because right now... i'm the only friend you got. The others refuse to visit you, to even be near you, but i don't mind".

"How come you don't mind? What is wrong with you?"

I chuckled. "Maybe i just care so much about the real Kris, that i'm willing to put up with this bad side of yours? I know it's not your real side, that it's just an act. I know there's a secret behind all of this, but i don't know what. But no matter what it is, i'll bring the old Kris back".

"He's gone" Kris said and stood up. Something fell out of his pocket and i picked it up and put it in my own pocket before he could notice. He limped towards the kitchen and opened the fridge. I followed after him and closed it. Kris glared at me. "What?"

I leaned against the kitchen counter with my arms crossed. "Do you remember what you said the first time you told us you had gotten a girlfriend?"

He looked down. "No".

I smiled. "Then let me help you remember".

 

- Flashback -

 

"Come on, Kris!" Chen launched his arm around Kris. "It's two hot girls, man!"

"Then you go out with them! I don't want to!" Kris shouted and pushed Chen's arm off him.

"But they won't go out with me unless i get another one to come with!"

"Ask some of the others!"

"I can't. I already know Lay is going to say no and Luhan will just melt them away by acting cute. Tao is arguing with his parents and Xiumin will make them both run away when they see him eat. You're the only one i can trust on this. Please, please, please" Chen begged Kris. Xiumin rolled his eyes as he quietly chewed on his food while giving Chen evil glares.

"I really can't, okay?" 

"Why not?!"

"Because..." A smile grew on his lips. "I already have someone".

Xiumin's eyes widened and his food fell out of his mouth. "WHAT?!" All five of us shouted. Tao ran up to him and threw his arm around his neck.

"You have a girlfriend and you didn't even tell me?!" Kris shrugged, but he kept on smiling. "You're lying!"

"No, i'm not. See for yourself" Kris pulled his phone up from his pocket and clicked a few buttons, before showing all five of us different texts. Tao snatched the phone out from Kris' hands and chuckled.

"You have her contact name saved as my baby?" 

"What's wrong with that?" Kris said as he snatched the phone back and put it back in his pocket.

"Nothing, nothing" Tao smirked. 

"So cliche" Lay commented with a sad smile on his face. "I never knew Kris would act this foolish when it comes to love".

Kris rolled his eyes. "Well, i'm never changing that contact name".

"What if you break up?" Chen asked.

"We'll never break up. I'm gonna work hard to make this relationship work and last forever".

 

- End of flashback -

 

"Do you remember that?" I looked up at Kris who was still looking down. His expression was unreadable, but i knew he was thinking about it as well. "You can try convincing me you've moved on and you don't care about her, but it's a lie. And i have proof".

He looked up at me. "What proof?" I smiled and took his phone out of my pocket that i had picked up earlier when he dropped it on the floor. He looked at me with wide eyes. "When did you take that?!" He searched through his pockets, but they were empty.

"You dropped it on the floor when you got up" I opened his phone and started typing on some buttons before showing him the screen. "See? It still says my baby. You didn't change it, Kris".

"Whatever" He snatched the phone out from my hands and put it back in his pockets. "Just leave me alone, Luhan. Go home".

"But i wanna stay here with you. Can't i? After all, i am on your side. Don't i get something for that?"

"I never asked you too".

"Comeeeee on. You know what i'll do if you refuse" He crossed his arms and glared at me. I sighed. "Okay, you asked for it".

 

 

Kris laughed for the first time in a really long time. It only lasted for a few seconds, but it made me really happy. "Fine, stay. But don't mention anything unnecessary".

"What would be qualified as "unnecessary"?"

"Anything that pisses me off".

"Oh wow, that's gonna be hard to remember when i talk".

He glared at me. "That is qualified as unnecessary".

I smiled. "Sorry. I wanna sleep in your bed!" I ran towards his bedroom.

"Wait, no-" 

 

But i didn't hear anything else as i had already entered his room. It still looked the same, Minji's clothes were still in the closet. The picture of the two of them were still on the nightstand. Even the sheets were the same ones. I heard footsteps behind me and turned around. Kris had his hand on the door.