Chapter 15

My Last Breath Is For You

 

He leaned back in the seat while staring at the wall. After thinking about it, he replied. "I don't know".

"That's why Tao would be a better father than you. He knows what he would do, and he is doing it, unlike you who is just sitting here on your , ing that Tao took me away from you. You pushed me away, Kris. It was you who threw me into the arms of Tao".

"Tao this, Tao that!" He shouted. "All you talk about is him and nothing else! Seriously, Minji! What happened to you?!"

I gasped and stood up. "Me?! Excuse me, but i'm the one who should be asking you that! You promised you would tell me what happened, so go ahead! Tell me, or i swear, i will walk out that door and never look back" I said as i pointed to the door, glaring at him.

"You don't understand, Minji" He said as he put his head in his hands, looking down. "You don't understand anything".

I sighed and sat down next to him. I hesitated, but i put my hand on his knee. "Then make me understand. I beg you... tell me what happened".

He glanced down at my hand, then up into my eyes. "I... i just can't. You'll..."

"Hate you?" I shook my head. "No, i won't. Unless you killed someone" I smiled, but he didn't. His eyes widened and he went back to stare at the ground. My smile disappeared and i quickly put my hands over my mouth. "No, Kris... don't tell me you..."

"Look, just go, okay? It was a mistake bringing you back here" He stood up and pushed me towards the door. "Leave and never come back. Like you said you would. Go back to Tao, marry him, have a wonderful life. It was nice while it lasted, but i've had enough. I'm done playing with you" And then he slammed the door in my face.

 

 

Tao practically ran me over when i walked into the house. He wrapped his arms around me and didn't let go for a few minutes. He cupped my face and planted a long, sweet kiss on my forehead. "What happened?" He asked as he took my hands in his.

"Nothing. I'm going to bed" I walked past him and into our room. I didn't even bother changing, i just lied down on the bed while thinking about Kris.

 

He couldn't have killed someone, could he? No, there had to be another reason for why he was acting like this. Maybe it was just better to let it go. To let Kris go. I wanted to help him, i really did. For his sake, for my sake, for my baby's sake. I imagined about the day i would tell Kris that he is the father of this baby. Different scenarios had played through my head, and all of them were happy ones.

 

But the way things are going right now... i don't think i can ever tell Kris.

 

My thoughts got interrupted by the door squeaking and Tao slowly closed it. "Hey..." He took of his shirt and pants and climbed into the bed. "I won't force you to talk about what happened with Kris tonight and i won't ask you either. Whatever the two of you did... i'll forget it. If you put this back on" He opened his hand and lying in his palm, was my ring.

I picked it up and put it back on. "Thanks, Tao" I scooted closer to him and he wrapped his arms around me. 

He kissed the top of my head and smiled. "No need to thank me. But is the wedding still on? Are we... you know, eh... a couple?"

 

I looked up at him and suddenly i just kissed him. I didn't plan to, but it just happened. I surprised him as well, but once the kiss had settled in, i felt his arms moving up and down and he was on top of me. It felt different than when i kissed Kris. Not bad, just... not the same. Tao was a great kisser, there was no doubt about that.

 

But it wasn't like when i kissed Kris. Kris' kisses was always so rough, so forcefully and always really, really hot. Tao's kissing was... sweet, just sweet. I didn't hate it, but somehow i didn't love it either.

 

Tao was the first one to pull away and he was trying to catch his breath. "Wow..." He said before brushing some hair out of my face. "That was..." He smiled. "Amazing" He pecked me again and rolled off me, pulling me close to him. "Goodnight, Minji".

"Goodnight..."

 

 

"Come on! We gotta go!" Tao yelled while helping me up from the couch.

"Relax, relax!" Chen said while walking in. "It's not like she's in labor right now!"

"But we need to hurry! It's important!"

Lay and Xiumin came in as well. "We're ready now, let's go".

"Finally!" Tao helped me out in the car and all the others got in. 

"So are you excited?" Xiumin asked while Tao was driving. Lay was sitting next to Tao while me, Xiumin and Chen were sitting in the back, with me in the middle.

I smiled. "Yeah, kinda" It was my third doctor's appointment and this one was really special since it was now possible to tell the gender of the baby.

"Can we come with? Chen leaned over and asked.

"No way" Tao replied. "It's just going to be me and Minji in there".

"Unfair" Chen pouted and leaned back. 

"So when's the wedding?" Lay asked.

"We're thinking after the baby is born. It would be easier that way".

"Yeah. I can't really find a wedding dress that doesn't explode when i try it on" I said while Chen laughed.

Lay looked at me, then Tao. "There's something that's been bothering me..."

"What?" Tao asked.

"Well... you've known Minji for, what a little bit over a month now?"

"So?"

"And she's 4 months pregnant, right?" Tao tensed up and gripped the sterring wheel. His knuckles were turning white and he knew that Lay had figured it out. Lay nodded and leaned back in the seat. "Ahh, i see. So... it's Kris' then? He's the real father?"

"WHAT?!" Chen and Xiumin both screamed in my ears. I covered them.

"OW! Don't scream so loud!"

"Kris is the father?!" Chen asked. "Damn..."

"I don't wanna mingle in your business, but... shouldn't he know? I'm pretty sure he doesn't know. If he did, he would be right here with you now, instead of Tao" Lay was now looking at me.

"I doubt that. I will tell him eventually, just not right now".

 

 

I sat in the waiting room, waiting for it to be my turn. Xiumin and Chen had gone off on their own to explore, while Tao and Lay was talking about something. Probably Kris. They stopped when they realized someone was listening on them. A little girl. Tao bent down with a smile on his face and said something to the girl. She giggled and nodded and ran back to her mom, i suppose.

 

That moment right there should have made me happy. Really happy, to see Tao interact with kids. But it didn't. In my head, i knew it was the best thing for the two of us, but in my heart... it felt so wrong. I almost felt guilty for calling the baby Tao's when it was Kris'. All of a sudden my stomach started to hurt and i felt nauseous, but i knew it wasn't morning sickness. It was just pure guilt.

 

It felt like i was choking and i couldn't breathe. I had to get out of here. It just felt so wrong. I looked at Tao and Lay and they weren't looking towards my direction right now. I got up as fast as i could and tried my best to run outside. I managed to get out on the parking lot and started walking away from the hospital.

 

I knew exactly what i had to do. I had to tell Kris the truth. Today. It couldn't wait anymore. The longer this went on, the more guilty i would feel. I know that by doing this, i would hurt Tao. A lot. He had been nothing but nice to me, and then i was doing this to him. But it was something i had to do. Hopefully he'll understand.

 

I have a new apply fanfic with the "We got married" concept, only global. Here is the fanfic and here is where you can apply ^.^