Chapter 4

My Last Breath Is For You

 

"TAO!" I woke up by someone shouting. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. My eyes shifted down to Tao who was sleeping on his stomach. "Where the hell are you?!" I froze. That voice...

"Kris! Calm down!" I heard another voice say. I grabbed Tao's shoulder and shook it until he woke up.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "What?" He mumbled.

"Kris is here" I whispered. 

I didn't need to say more. He practically jumped out of the bed and looked at me. "Wait here, okay? Don't come out of this room" I nodded and he opened the door to the bedroom and walked out and quickly closed it. I lied back down on the bed and pulled the blanket over my head.

 

Tao P.O.V

 

I closed the door and saw Kris and Lay looking inside my bedroom. "What the hell are you doing here?!"

Kris walked out of the bedroom and glared at me. "Give me Minji back!"

"Minji? Your girlfriend?" Lay asked as he looked at me. "Why is she with you?"

"I'm not giving her back to you" I crossed my arms. "Don't you think you've hurt her enough?"

"What's going on?" Lay asked. 

"MINJI!" Kris screamed. 

I stepped forward. "Go home, Kris!"

"I'm not leaving without her! She's my girlfriend, Tao! Why do you have to steal her away from me?!"

"I didn't steal her, you threw her into my arms".

Lay sighed. "Can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on?!"

I looked at Lay. "Go into that bedroom and wait there" I pointed to me and Minji's bedroom. Lay stared at me, but walked into the room anyway".

"I need her, Tao... I can't be without her. Give her back to me right now and i'll forget this ever happened".

I shook my head. "I can't do that, Kris. She's told me everything you did to her. All the bruises she has because of you, all the scars you've given her, physically and emotionally. Do you realize what you've done, Kris? You've hurt a person for life. She's never going to be able to forget what you did to her. And the worst part is... she still loves you, but you've never been in love with her. What you call love is abuse and it's wrong!"

"I do love her!" He shouted. "I'm not staying here anymore and neither is she!" He pushed me out of his way and was about to open the door where Minji was. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him back. He lifted his elbow and hit me right in the nose. Blood was coming out and i fell to the floor.

 

Minji P.O.V

 

The door opened and i was afraid to move. I stayed silent under the blanket until i heard someone speak. "Why did he tell me to go in here?"

I didn't know who the voice belonged to, but at least it wasn't Kris. I slowly removed the blankets from my head and peeked up at the boy. He had blond hair and he was staring at the ceiling. I sat up as i wrapped the blanket around me. "Hello?"

He quickly looked down at me and immediately turned his back towards me. "S-sorry. I didn't see anything, i swear!"

"It's okay, you don't have to turn away".

He nodded and turned to look at me. "You are?"

"Minji".

"Kris' girlfriend?"

I bit my bottom lip and shook my head. "Not anymore".

His eyes widened. "Why? I thought everything was going perfect for you two?"

"It's a long story".

"Did Kris hurt you? I heard Tao mention something about it" I looked down and nodded. 

 

Both of us heard something hit the door. The guy ran over to the door and opened it. Kris and Tao both fell down on the floor. Kris looked up at me and got back on his feets. He ran over to the bed and grabbed my wrist. I started screaming as i tried to get away from him. I tried to kick him away, but he grabbed my leg and pulled me towards him.

 

Tao jumped on him and had him in a headlock. Kris released me and struggled to get Tao off him. The other guy rushed over to them and pulled them apart. He pushed Kris down to the floor and held him down. Tao came over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I sobbed into his chest as he continued to pat my head.

 

"Lay, get him out of here now" Lay nodded and soon i heard the door close. Tao cupped my face and made me look up at him. "It's okay, he's gone".

"But not forever, right? He's not going to give up, is he?"

Tao sighed and looked down at my arms. "Did he hurt you?" 

I looked down at my arm. "It's only a small bruise, nothing major".

Tao looked at the bruise and sighed. "I'm sorry i couldn't stop him. I promise something like this won't happen again".

The door opened and Lay walked in. "Okay, he's gone" He threw a wet towel to Tao. "It's for your nose. Now, can you tell me why Kris' girlfriend is with you?"

"Can i tell him?" Tao looked down at me and i nodded. Tao wiped the blood away and started telling Lay everything. "Tell the others for me too" Tao said once he was done.

"Yeah, of course" Lay walked over to the door, but stopped and looked back at us. "I'll make sure Kris doesn't come back here" After saying that, he left.

"Let's get dressed, okay?" Tao smiled down at me. "I'll change in the bathroom" He walked out of the bed and over to the closet. He grabbed a few clothes and threw me a pair of sweatpants and a black t-shirt. "I think those will fit you. Change in here and i'll go change as well and call my mother" He waved at me before walking out.

 

 

Me and Tao had just finished breakfast when the doorbell rang. I immediately grew nervous, but Tao grabbed my hand as we walked towards the front door. "It's going to be alright, so don't stress about it. It's not good for the baby" I nodded and Tao opened the door. A little girl ran inside and Tao let go of my hand and picked her up. "Hey, Jia!" Tao's sister stepped inside with an older woman behind her. Probably Tao's mom. Tao put the little girl on his other arm and wrapped his other free arm around me. "Luna, mother, this is Minji. She's my... fiancee".

"No way!" Luna shouted. 

His mother looked at me. I bowed to her. "It's nice to meet you".

His mother looked back to Tao and a huge smile appeared on her face. "You've finally found someone!" She pinched his cheeks and he made a face.

"Mom!" He took her hands away and sighed. "There's something else i... we need to tell you. Let's go inside".

 

All of us walked into the living room. Tao and i sat down in the couch while Luna and his mother sat in the other couch while Jia was running around and playing with her toys.

 

Tao grabbed my hand as he looked down at the floor. "Me and Minji have been dating for a couple of years now, which is why i never went out with all those girls you introduced to me, mom. I didn't tell you, because i wasn't sure if this relationship would work, but..." Tao looked up at me and smiled. "We just recently got some good news and that changed everything".

"What news?" Tao's mother asked.

"Mom... Minji is pregnant".

His mother and Luna both started screaming. Tao covered his ears and so did i, but i was smiling. "This is fantastic!" His mother looked at me and smiled. "How far are you? Is it a boy or girl? Have you picked names yet?"

"Mom, relax" Tao sighed. "We found out just yesterday. She's two months pregnant. We haven't seen the doctor yet and it's too early to pick out baby names. I was hoping that you, Luna, could help her since you've been through this before".

Luna nodded and smiled. "Of course".

"I would also appreciate it if you could take Minji with you shopping. She needs new clothes because... eh... her house burned down a couple of days ago and she lost all her stuff, so she needs new things".

"Sure! Let's go right now" Luna stood up and looked at her mother. "Can you watch over Jia?"

"Of course! You two go ahead and have fun".

Tao smiled at me and handed me his credit card. "Buy whatever you want, no matter how expensive it is, okay?"

I looked at his credit card. "I can't do that".

Tao put the credit card in my hand. "Yes, you can".

 

 

Me and Luna were walking in the mall, looking at all the stores. "So what do you need?" She asked as she looked at me.

"Eh... basically everything. I don't have any clothes".

"Hmm..." She looked at me. "Your stomach is going to get bigger, so we should probably buy some maternity clothes too. Also, i've set you up on a doctor's apointment. It's the same doctor that i went to and she's great. I've also signed you up for a baby class. You will start next week. It's monday, wednesday and friday at 2pm. You have your first doctor's apointment tomorrow at 1pm, so you and Tao can go together".

"Tao is coming with me?"

"Well, of course. The baby's father has to come with".

"Oh... how did you feel when you found out you were pregnant for the first time?"

She smiled. "I was shocked and scared. My ex-boyfriend didn't like kids, so i was worried about telling him. But eventually i did and he left me. I was hurt, broken and lonely, of course. I needed his support, but i was all alone. I had my family, of course, but there was a loti had to do on my own. But you don't have to worry about that, you have Tao".

"Yeah, he's been great so far".

"It's good to have support from your boyfriend, but don't you have any friends you can talk too?"

"Eh... no, i don't".

"Well, if you ever need to talk or something, you can just call me. We're like sisters now" She linked arms with me as we walked into a store.

 

 

We spent the whole day shopping and talking. When i got home late at night i had 5 huge bags with me. I struggled to get inside the front door, but after a few seconds i succeeded. "Tao!" I shouted, but no one answered. I tried to find the light switch, because it was so dark, but i wasn't familiar with this house yet and didn't find it. I saw a small light coming from the living room and followed it. 

 

There Tao was, on one knee with a smile on his face. In his hand was a box with a ring in it. "Welcome home".

I dropped my bags on the floor. "W-what's going on?"

"Surprised?" He chuckled as he stood up and walked over to me. "This is my surprise for you" He held the ring up so i could look a it. "Do you like it?"

 

 

"Tao... it's beautiful. I love it".

He smiled. "I realized my proposal to you yesterday wasn't so romantic, so i did this, with the help of my mother when you were out with Luna. How did that go?"

"Fine, she's really nice. She told me she had gotten me an doctor appointment tomorrow at 1pm and my first baby class at 2pm".

"Great, we'll go together. If that's okay with you?" I nodded. "So... i know you've agreed already, but..." He went down on one knee again and looked up at me. "Will you marry me?"