Chapter 9

My Last Breath Is For You

 

"Luhan, get out" He was leaning on the doorway while looking down at the floor. "Please..."

 

And then he fell forward and collapsed. I managed to grab him before he fell on the floor. I dragged him over to the bed and managed to lay him down. I wrapped a blanket around him and ran to the bathroom. I grabbed a towel and soaked it in water before running back out to the room. I put the towel on his forehead.

 

He looked really calm, a little too calm in my opinion. I pressed my finger against his neck and sighed in relief. "Okay, so you're not dead. But you sure are a heavy sleeper" I walked around to the other side of the bed and looked at it. There was an angry bird pillow lying there with an angry bird plushie next to it. 

 

I was about to remove it when Kris rolled over on the side and lied on the pillow while hugging the plushie.

 

"Taking the whole bed for yourself, huh? Fine then..." I walked out in the living room and searched for the sleeping bag i saw earlier. It was still lying in the corner. I grabbed it and carried it inside Kris' room. I put it down on the floor and climbed inside of it. 

 

 

Minji P.O.V

 

"Can you believe him?!" Tao said as he just sat down on the couch next to me and Xiumin. He had just told them about Luhan.

"Just forget about him" Chen leaned forward and smiled at me. "How did it go today?"

"It went alright. But i think i'm the youngest there. Everyone looked like they were 30 or something. They kept looking at me as if i had committed a huge crime or something".

"Ahh, pff. They're just jealous because you have a younger body and face and look beautiful while they have wrinkles and grey hair growing out" Chen grinned at me and i giggled. 

"When is it possible to find out if it's a girl or a boy?" Xiumin asked.

"After 18 weeks".

"Will you find out then or wait?"

"I don't know, i think i wanna find out, so i can paint the room either blue or pink".

"You're gonna be five months on the way by then. Do you really think you should paint with your condition?" Tao looked at me. "I can do it".

"Us too!" Chen smiled. "I want to paint too!"

"See?" Tao smiled. "We can take care of it while you just relax".

"Ah, that reminds me!" Lay looked at me. "Luna called. She wanted to know if you wanted to go with her tomorrow and look at things that a baby needs?"

"Already?"

"She said, and i quote "It's never too early to buy that sort of stuff". She told me to let you know that you can call her when you get home".

"I don't know, is it a good idea? The lady at the baby class told us not to lift anything heavy..."

"Well, boys," Lay looked at Chen and Xiumin. "Looks like we're going shopping tomorrow".

Xiumin groaned. "Can't just you and Tao go while me and Chen stays here and watch the house?"

Lay looked at Tao. "Are you cool with that?"

Tao rolled his eyes. "We don't need them, we can carry it by ourselves".

I giggled. "I'll go call Luna then".

 

 

Luhan P.O.V

 

I opened my eyes as i felt someone pinch my arm. I looked up at Kris who was sitting next to me. "That hurt, you know" I sat up and rubbed my arm where he had just pinched me. 

"I... need your help".

Hearing him say that, made me forget about the pain. "With what?"

"To get Minji back".

I clapped my hands together. "Yay! You like her after all!"

He looked down. "But you need to get Tao out of the picture. I can't have him around her anymore".

"How am i supposed to do that?"

Kris looked up at me. "Go to them and tell them that you're on their side. Tell them you've given up on me and want what's best for Minji".

"Huh? You want me to do that?"

"Yes. You're the only one i can trust on this. I need you, Luhan. You said you would help me, didn't you?"

"Well, yes, but..."

"Then help me or get out".

I sighed. "I'll help you. But on one condition".

"What?"

"You tell me what happened to make you act this way".

"No".

"Kris! If you're not honest with me, i can't help you".

"Fine, i'll go there myself then. Thanks a lot, Luhan" He stood up and walked out of the room. I quickly got up and followed him. I stood in front of him and sighed. 

"Fine, i'll help you. But promise me one thing".

"What?"

"Don't hurt Minji again" He looked down. "Can you promise me that? Can you promise me to never physically hurt her again?" The fact that he didn't answer, made me unsure about this. "Kris? I can't help you by getting her back if you treat her the same way. She'll leave on her own. She has a baby inside of her now. She is thinking about that and what's best for him or her. Do you really think she will choose you who abuses her?"

He crossed his arms and glared at me. "That baby is the first thing to go once she comes back".

"What?"

"You think i would raise someone else's kid?" 

"But... do you think Minji will agree to that?"

"I'll make her".

 

I sighed. I wanted to tell Kris that it was his baby, but... maybe that wasn't a good idea. 

 

"You can't make her, Kris. I'm sorry, but it looks like i won't be able to help you after all" I stepped back. "I'm still your friend, but right now it seems like you have no thoughts about changing. If i let Minji come back to this, i would feel guilty for the rest of my life".

"Why would i think about changing? I like the way i am".

"Somehow i doubt that. Do you remember last night? You passed out, Kris! As soon as you entered Minji and yours room, you passed out! You then hugged that angry bird plushie. I saw the picture on the nightstand and her clothes in the closet! You're waiting for her to come back to you, Kris, but she's not coming back if you're still the same! You have to change back to the person she loves or you'll have to give up on her".

"Didn't you say you would help me?" He clenched his fists while glaring at me.

"I am helping you, Kris!" I sighed. "Okay... i'll try to talk to Minji when no one is around and ask her if she can meet you at a place with lots of people and i will be there too. But from there you have to make things right. Don't give her empty promises and don't act cool. Be honest with her and tell her you need her. That's the only way you'll be able to keep her. But don't mention anything about her getting rid of her baby. If you want her back, you have to accept the baby as well".

"Says who?"

"Who do you think? Minji".

"Just set up a meeting with her. Place doesn't matter".

"Do you promise not to hurt her?"

"Yeah, yeah".

 

 

Minji P.O.V

 

"Can we sit down? Just a little bit?" Tao asked. Me and Luna turned around and saw both him and Lay was sweating. 

"Sure".

 

We sat down at a nearby cafe and ordered a few drinks.

 

"Who knew going shopping for a baby would be so hard?" Lay mumbled.

"We're almost done" Luna smiled at them. 

"What's left?" Tao asked.

"Rocking chair".

"Alright, let's go get it now so we can be done" Lay stood up again and i was about to stand up as well when my phone started to ring. I looked up at them.

"You three go ahead. I'll wait here for you, if that's okay?"

Tao nodded and kissed my head. "I'll be back soon".

 

I answered the phone when they had disappeared.

 

"Minji?"

"Luhan? Is that you?"

"Yeah... can i talk to you?"

"Right now?"

"Yeah, unless you're busy? Ow! Stop it!"

"Huh?"

"Nothing. You know the basketball court near Tao's house, right?"

"Eh... i think so".

"Can you meet me there? Just you. I really need to talk to you. It's important".

"I'm at the mall right now, but i think i'll be done in 30 minutes. Is that okay?" 

"Yeah, no problem. We'll wait. Ow! I mean, i'll wait! See you! Bye!" 

 

He hung up and i stared at the phone confused. That was weird.