Chapter 11

My Last Breath Is For You

 

Luhan P.O.V

 

We both watched as Minji ran away. Kris didn't follow her, he was standing there like a frozen statue. I waved my hand in front of his face, but he didn't register this. "Kriiiis! Yoohoo!" I poked his cheek and he quickly returned to his usual cold face as he glared at me.

"What?!"

"Nothing" I smiled. "Seems like the baby likes you".

"Shut up, i don't want anything to do with that thing inside of her".

"But you just said-"

"That was all lies".

"What?"

"You said the only way to get her back was telling her what she wanted to hear. I did and she walked away. Obviously your methods does not work".

"Hey, hey! I said nothing about lying to her! I said to be honest with her, Kris! So everything you said..."

"Was a lie" He finished the sentence. Kris picked up the plastic bag and stuffed the angry bird plushie in it and left the basketball court. 

 

 

No one's P.O.V

 

Kris entered a club and sat by the bar. Since it was still daylight outside, there weren't many people there. He placed the bag on the seat next to him as he ordered a beer. A man picked the plastic bag up and threw it on the floor as he sat down. Kris looked at the plastic bag, then up at the man.

 

"What the hell was that for?!" Kris shouted loud enough for the few people who were there to hear. He bent down and picked it up, putting it in his lap this time.

"I wanted to sit here" The man said.

"You could have just asked me to remove it! You didn't have to throw it on the floor!"

The man looked at him with an raised eyebrow. "Is whatever is inside that bag that important to you?"

"It's one of the most important things to me..." Kris mumbled as the bartender gave him his beer. He took a sip of it and sighed. 

"Really?" He looked forward. "Does it have something to do with a girl?"

"Yeah... i bought this stupid angry bird plushie for her on our first date together. She wanted to buy it so badly, but didn't have enough money" Kris chuckled. "She pouted and pouted until i had no choice but to buy it for her".

"Sounds like an important memory. Where is the girl now?"

Kris looked up at him. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you're sitting in this club drinking with that plushie and talking to me. What kind of guy would do all that if he had a nice girlfriend waiting for him to come home?"

Kris looked down. "She stopped waiting... i did some bad things to her".

"What did you do to her?"

Kris shook his head. "Just... bad things".

"Hmm... look, what's your name?"

"Kris".

"Kris, whoever this girl is, if she truly cares about you, she'll come back to you".

"Do you really think so?"

"Yeah, trust me" The guy smiled. "What's the girl's name?"

"Minji. But she is currently living with my best friend, Tao. You might actually know him, his family is pretty well known. Their business is called Huang".

"I think i've heard of them..."

Kris nodded. "I think i'm just gonna go home" Kris climbed off the seat and looked at the guy. "What's your name?"

The guy smiled. "Hyun-Shik".

 

Kris nodded and left the club. On the way home, he stopped walking. Where had he heard that name before? There was something familiar with that name, but he couldn't remember where he had heard it. He shrugged it off and continued to walk home.

 

 

Minji P.O.V

 

"I... i was talking to the baby".

"Ah, okay" Tao smiled. "Where did you go?"

"Oh, just around the block. Not far" I smiled and stepped closer to him. "Hey, Tao...?"

"Yeah?"

"Give me your hand".

"What? Why?"

"Just do it" He looked confused, but gave me his hand. I took a deep breath and put it on my stomach. His eyes widened as he moved his eyes down to my stomach. I looked down at my stomach. Nothing. Not a single movement. I looked up at Tao in disappointment, but tried to hide it by smiling. "Hmm... while i was walking, the baby kicked. I wanted... you to feel it too, but i guess it stopped".

Tao removed his hand and smiled. "The baby will kick again, so don't worry. I'll be around next time it happens" He wrapped his arm around me and we started walking home.

"Yeah..." Let's hope so, i thought to myself.

 

 

- 1 month later -

 

I groaned and threw the pants on the bed. I lifted my shirt up and sighed. None of my normal clothes fitted me anymore. I went over to the closet and pulled out one of the maternity pants that i bought when i was with Luna and put them on. They weren't exactly pretty, but what else was i supposed to wear? It's better than nothing.

 

I walked into the living room and slumped down on the couch. I moved my eyes to Tao and shot him a glare. He turned his head and looked at me. "Good morning, Minji" He smiled, but it disappeared when he saw my expression. "What's wrong?"

"Everything! My clothes doesn't fit me anymore!"

"But... that's normal".

I glared at Tao again. He moved to the end of the couch as he looked at the four other guys for help. "Minji, how about you go for a walk? Maybe it will help?" Lay smiled at me.

I moved my eyes over to him. "Oh, so you think i'm fat too? Fine, i'll go walk until i look like a stick" I got up from the couch and struggled to walk towards the door. 

"I didn't mean it like that!" Lay shouted after me.

 

I ignored him and walked out the door. I don't exactly know why or how, but i ended up in front of Kris' house. I hadn't seen him for a month and it was nice. But i had been curious as to why the baby only seemed to kick when Kris touched my stomach. I sighed. "What are you doing here, Minji?"

I turned around and started walking out of the driveway. "Minji?" I turned around and Luhan were standing there with a garbage bag in his hand. He threw it in the garbage can and ran up to me. He smiled. "Kris will be glad when he finds out you visited him! Come with me!" He grabbed my hand and dragged me into the house before i could say anything. Kris was eating a piece of pizza and he looked up when we came inside. His jaw fell down and he dropped the pizza on the carpet.