Chapter 13

My Last Breath Is For You

 

Minji P.O.V

 

Luhan sat down next to me with his arms resting on his knees as he looked at the road. "You know this better than me... when did Kris start to change?"

"2 years ago when i was 19".

"What happened exactly?" He looked at me. "I know you don't know the details, but how was he before he changed?"

 

I started telling him about the night Kris left and showed up again the next day, completely different.

 

"Where are you going?" I asked Kris as he pecked me on the lips while leaning on the couch. He smiled.

"To hang out with some of my friends from school. I don't want to, but they wouldn't stop begging me to come, so i gave in".

"What friends?"

"Remember those who used to get me in trouble all the time when we were in school?" He my hair.

I nodded and stuck my tounge out in disgust. "Yeah..." 

"Those" He leaned down to and kissed the top of my head. "I really don't want to leave. I want to stay here with you".

I looked up at him and smiled. "Then stay".

He chuckled and kissed me again, a little bit longer this time. "I wish. I'll be back in an hour or two. You don't have to wait up for me".

 

I nodded and he kissed me one more time before leaving. I ended up waiting for him, but eventually i fell asleep on the couch. 

 

I woke up by a door slamming and sat up in the couch. I rubbed my eyes as i saw Kris running inside the house. He looked at me in panic and he wasn't wearing a shirt. I got up from the couch and walked over to him.

 

"K-kris?" He grabbed both my arms and looked at me with concerned eyes. He looked scared and sweat was running down his forehead. He was panting and it looked like he had been running or something. "Kris?" I asked again. "What happened?"

"N-nothing" He forced a smile on his face, but i could still see the panic in his eyes. "J-just go back to sleep, okay?"

"Where's your shirt? And what happened to your face?" I took my hand up and put it on his chin, looking at his bruise. He looked down.

"Nothing, i just had a small accident. I'm going to take a shower" He walked past me and i noticed his back was bleeding. I felt a cold wind on me and looked at the door that was still open. I walked over to it and was about to close it when i noticed Kris' car was gone. I closed the door and followed Kris into the bathroom. He was leaning on the sink while looking down. I walked over to him and grabbed a towel. I carefully pressed it against the wound on his back. He winced and looked up in the mirror at me. Our eyes met and he sighed.

"Where's your car?"

"I... gave it to a friend".

"What? Why did you do that?"

"Just... stop asking questions, Minji. I can't answer them right now".

I nodded and cleaned his cut. "I think this might leave a scar".

I looked up at him in the mirror and he nodded. "What will you do if it does?"

"What do you think i will do?" I said as i put a bandage on his back. I put my arms around his waist and he leaned on me as i helped him to the bed. I put him down and he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down onto his lap. I sat on him with each of my legs on his side.

"Leave me?" He asked as he took some of my hair, twirling it around his finger.

I put both my hands on his cheeks and smiled. "Never. But... what happened tonight, Kris? Did they... do something to you?"

He shook his head. "Let's not talk about that now, Minji. Right now, i don't feel like talking" He moved my hair to the other side of my neck and pressed his lips on my neck.

 

 

"And we never talked about it again. I tried, but he told me it was better to just forget about it".

Luhan nodded. "Did he get a scar?"

I nodded. "Yeah".

"Do you remember the names of his friends? Maybe i could find them and ask them what happened?"

"Sorry... i don't remember. They were all in Kris' class and as you know, he was a senior when i was a freshman. Even though they were friends, i never got their names. But i remember one. Kris mentioned him. Apperantly they used to be really close, so Kris talked about him several times. His name was... Jin-ho, i think".

"Jin-ho, huh? Do you know his last name?"

I shook my head. "Sorry, Luhan. This is all i know. The rest is up to you, if you can get Kris to talk".

"Alright. Well, thanks anyway, Minji. You know more about this then me or the others do".

I nodded and stood up. "And Luhan? If you ever find out what happened to Kris, be sure to tell me, okay? I want to know what happened that night".

Luhan nodded. "I promise. Go back to Tao and the others, okay?" He smiled. "Say hello from me to them".

"I will" I waved goodbye to him and headed home.

 

 

Luhan P.O.V

 

I walked up the small steps to Kris' house and stepped inside the house. Kris was leaning on the couch with a bandage wrapped around his hand. He glanced at me as i slowly walked up to him. "I just talked to Minji. Who's Jin-ho?" I sat down on the chair to keep my distance from Kris in case he was going to attack me again.

He froze for a second, but then he returned to his normal self. "What about him?"

"Minji told me about the night you went out with some of your old school friends and when you came back you were a different person. Your car was gone and you had a scar on your back".

"She shouldn't be telling you stories like that" Kris lit a cigarette and put it in his mouth while glaring at me. "She should stick to her own damn business instead of messing with mine".

"She's worried about you, Kris! She loves you, Kris, she really does. The only reason she left you was because another human being is growing inside of her and she has to think of that first. If it were your baby, wouldn't you want it to be safe too? If that baby inside of her was yours, wouldn't you understand better why she left you?"

"What does it matter? It's Tao's. That cheated on me".

"That loved you and stayed with you, no matter how much you hurt her. She accepted you beating her up because she was in love with you, Kris. You saved her from her abusive parents, then you go and do the same thing to her that her parents did. How does that feel, Kris? I want to understand why you did what you did, i really do... but you're making it really hard".

Kris put the cigarette down, stood up and started walking forth and back. "I never asked you to understand".

I stood up as well. "But don't you think Minji would like to understand?! You put her through hell and she still stayed by your side!"

Kris stopped walking and glared at me. "It's not my fault she stayed! She could have run to Tao sooner! I don't know why she didn't, so it's her fault! She cheated on me, Luhan! Have you ever experienced that?!"

"No, i haven't. But i haven't experienced being beat up by the one i love either".

"So what do you want me to do?! Go to her, forgive her and forget everything and then raise Tao's baby?! There's no future for me and Minji anymore" He looked down and sighed. "If we do have a future, Tao will always be involved in it. I want someone who is mine and just mine. I want kids that makes me think of me and Minji, not her and Tao".

"You know, i shouldn't be telling you this, but..." I put a hand on his shoulder and looked up at him. "If you step up and be a real man to Minji, you'll get a surprise".

He raised a brow at me. "What kind of surprise?"

I smirked playfully. "A good one. But the only way to find out is to go see Minji and have a nice, long talk with her. There's something she hasn't told you that will make you really happy" He stared at me for a few seconds before running out the door. I smiled to myself as i looked at the open door. "I'm good" I chuckled to myself before running after him.