Chapter 16

My Last Breath Is For You

 

As i started walking out of the parking lot, i noticed this guy staring at me with a smirk on his face. I choose to ignore it as i walked passed him. "Hey" He said and i stopped. I looked up at him.

"Eh... hey".

He put his hands in his pockets and walked over to me. "Minji, right? You know Kris?"

"Kris? Uh... kind of".

He nodded and smiled. "He's told me about you. You are his girlfriend, right?"

"Eh... well..."

"I'm Jin-ho's brother. I'm sure you've heard about him before?"

I nodded. "I have".

"Great. Can you deliever a message from him to Kris?"

"I guess".

"Tell him that Jin-ho is back and he knows everything".

"Knows what?"

The guy smiled and put his hand on my cheek. "Don't worry about that, sweetie. Let Kris deal with it. Oh, and i should probably congratulate" He pointed to my stomach. "It's Kris', right?" I nodded again. "Wow... Kris is going to get it tough" He winked at me and walked away.

 

Somehow... it didn't feel like he was talking about the baby, it felt like he was talking about something else, and i had to find out what. I grabbed a taxi and went to Kris' place. Luhan was sitting on the steps, throwing rocks. He stopped once the taxi stopped in front of the apartment and saw me walking out. 

 

"Better not go in there. Kris is in a really bad mood".

I raised a brow at him. "Isn't he always?"

"It's worse this time".

"Well, i have a message for him. It's important" I said as i opened the doors and walked inside. "Kris?" I screamed when a piece of glass was thrown into the wall and it shattered into the pieces. Kris looked up at me, and he looked... different. His veins was visible, he was tense and he looked nothing like the Kris i once knew. This time... it looked like he was really gone. "I-i have a message for you. From Jin-ho".

He stared at me with a confused expression. "What?" He asked after thinking about what i had just said. "What did you just say?"

"I ran into Jin-ho's brother on the way out of the hospital".

"Something wrong?"

I shook my head. "Just an ultrasound" He nodded. "Anyway, he told me to give a message to you. It was, and i quote; Jin-ho is back and he knows everything".

Kris quickly jumped over the couch and put his hands on my shoulders, looking at me. "You're not kidding, right?!" 

I shook my head. "N-no".

"Damn!" He ran over to the windows and pulled all the curtains shut. He ran over to the door and opened it. "Luhan, get your inside now!" Luhan quickly ran inside and he barely managed to get inside before Kris shut the door and locked it. He turned around and looked at us. "None of you are allowed to get out, you hear me?!"

"Why?" Luhan asked. "What's going on?"

"Just don't!" Kris walked over to me. "That means you too! You can't leave!"

"What?! But what about Tao?!"

"Look, he's... Jin-ho... he's..." Kris sighed. "He's not here anymore".

"What? So his brother... lied?"

"I don't think he lied. I think he meant... that he himself is back and he knows everything" Kris crossed his arms and looked down. 

"Then where is Jin-ho?"

Kris took a deep breath. "Six feet below" He said without looking up.

 

 

Tao P.O.V

 

"You do realize this is wrong, right?" Lay asked me. "The baby is Kris' kid. He's gonna find out about it sooner or later, and i bet you he won't be happy with you raising it. He has the power to get custody of it. Seriously, man... maybe you should just let your parents find a girl for you? I'm not saying you should forgive Kris, but... dating his girl, man, that's low. Like beneath the belt. He's hurting right now".

"You mean like he hurt Minji? You think i should just forgive that?"

Lay shrugged. "It's not really up to you to forgive, that is all on Minji's shoulders. Let her decide. You say it's best for the two of them to stay with you, but... is it really? She loves, Kris, man, and i know he loves her too. You remember Kris and how he was when he talked about her in front of us? I believe that they can get back together to that, and be a family. All three of them. Whether you like it or not, that baby is Kris' and even if you call it yours, it will always be his baby. Can you live like that?"

I glanced over at where Minji was sitting, only to find her not sitting there. I looked around the whole waiting room. "Where did she go?!"

"Huh?" Lay looked where i was looking and realized she was gone too. "Oh crap..."

 

 

Minji P.O.V

 

I sunk down to the floor on my knees. "What?"

Kris sighed and looked at Luhan. "Luhan, get out".

Luhan sighed. "Get out, get in, get out. Damn, Kris! Make up your mind!" Luhan headed for the front door, but Kris stopped him.

"Not outside. Go into... the bathroom and stay there until i tell you it's okay to come out".

"That can take hours! What am i gonna do inside the bathroom?!"

Kris leaned close to him and whispered something to him, but i clearly heard what he said. Luhan's eyes widened and he quickly ran to the bathroom. I looked up at Kris. "Really, Kris?"

"What?" Kris asked innocently as he sat down in front of me. 

"I know about your little magazines that you have in the bathroom. Do you think you should show those to Luhan?"

"He'll be okay. He should learn about it sooner or later".

I rolled my eyes, then i remembered the situation we were in. "Kris... you didn't... kill Jin-ho, did you?" I looked up at him and bit my lip as i waited for his answer.