Chapter 1 - LYoon Couple

In Your Arms Tonight

A/N - I HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE CHANYEOL TO L(MYUNGSOO) AFTER PLAYING THE GAME. I FELT MYUNGSOO IS MORE SUITABLE FOR THIS ROLE.. SORRY GUYS............

PLEASE READ THE PROLOGUES BEFORE READING THIS.........

 

"Oh, you're awake?"

That doesnt sound like Kris...

I rubbed my eyes and  was taken aback when I saw Myungsoo's face.

He was sitting on th edge of the bed.

"Why so surprised?" he asked. His lowered his head and our faces are inches apart. "Have you forgotten about yesterday? How passionately we made love?"

"M-made loovee.....?"

"It was incredible Missy. You were riding on top of me and everything. I love women who wants to be in charge!"

He cupped my cheeks with both hands. "Married women are amazing!"

I pushed his hands away.

Impossible.... I looked at myself.. I'm still dressed and everything....So there is no way........

"Oh yeah, I put your clothes back on for you,"Myungsoo informed.

"What........................"

Myungsoo put his hand on my shoulders,"But I could take them off again, if you wanted me to....?"

He whispered in my ears. "You got undressed all by yourself yesterday and I didnt get the chance to help coz you were to eager kissing me. So maybe that's not such a bad idea..."

I pushed him away.

"Quit teasing me!"

Myungsoo looked sad. "How...how can you accuse me of teasing you? What happened to the drunk girl from yesterday?"

I looked apologetically at him. "That...I..."

"Dont you remembering clingling on to me, refusing to let go? You even begged me to stay.."

Omg! Did I? Seriously........

"You forgot your cellphone. When I came to return, you grabbed my arms and lead me to your bedroom before pushing me to the bed and wouldnt stop kissing me!"

"How could you use me and not recalling anything at all?"

Geez...I maybe did have with him after all. His story sounded so convincing.

I wanted to say something but no words seems to come out from me.

I watched as he traced the line of my jaw with a well-formed finger.

He smiled at me. "You were so desperate, it was kinda cute. There's no way I could ever say no..."

"Really?"

"Uh-huh."

Why, you.....

My head hung low. My hang covering my face.

Oh god, what have I done?

"Why do you look like you're gonna cry? Are you trying to seduce me or something?"

I jerked my head up and look at him.

"What?"

Suddenly he laughed out loud.

"I am kidding silly!"

 I look at him incredulously.

"Oh well."

Shrugging his shoulders, the bartender got off my bed.

"Oh that's right. Your husband didnt come home last night."

"...."

"Lucky huh? That means he wont find out you brought someone home with you."

"...."

"Well, see ya."

*SLAM*

No way..there's no way....

I cant imagine how I ended up in this situation with a guy who's 11 years younger than me....

But if what he said was true...

My cell phone beeped.

I reached for it and it said, a text form Kim Myungsoo.

When did he store his number in my contacts?

'Thanks for last night. If you ever get lonely again, give me a call. I'm an expert at cheering up the ladies.'

This isnt happening.........!!!

I wasted no time in erasing the mesage and deleting his number out of my phone.

"If Kris finds out about this..."

"...."

He probably wouldnt even say anything....

There's nothing about spending the night together in the text..

Anyway, I'd better wash my face and get changed.

I got up as though brushing away the emptiness and misery.

 

At the train station......

My head hurts..It must be because of the hangover.

"Morning Yoonie!"

"Morning Hyun.."

"Hey, you dont look so great. Is everything alright?"

"I'm fine. Just lack of sleep."

She smiled cheekily at me. "Oh my, no surprises there. You are a newly-wed after all."

"..."

"Oh ! Take a look at this ad! Isnt that Minho?"

I look at the ad that she pointed out.

"You're right...!"

"Eversince he got chosen to represent Korea, he's been on the covers of all the magazines."

"....."

I wonder what life would be like if I 'd married Minho?

I bet he wouldnt stay out all night so soon after getting married....

"Whats wrong, Yoonie? You look like you've got your head in the clouds."

I shake my head. "Its nothing, I was just thinking."

"I'm sure its a dumb question but there hasnt been anything going on between you and Minho since that reunion right?"

When I heard Seunghyun's word, my heart skipped a beat.

But....

"Of course not. I mean, I'm already married."

"I know,but...you dont want to end up like Tiffy right? To be honest, I've never been able to understand her ideas about love."

"Its alright. We dont even see each other anymore."

That's right..I chose Kris.

That means I have to do my best to be a good wife to him.

"Sorry, do you mind if I send a quick text?"

"Go ahead."

I pulled up Kris's number on my phone.

'Is there something you'd like to eat tonight? Would you rather have meat or fish?'

And...sent!

"Who did you text?"

"Kris. I was just wondering what he wanted to eat tonight."

"Sheesh...newlyweds..."

"Hehe."

If he wants fish, pike was on sale at the store. If he wants meat then maybe I should make piccata...

 

 

I emptied the trash from the garbage bag can and put it in a bag.

I havent done this since I first started working...

But I'm new to the sales department...I'll just have to do my best....

"Good morning.....!"

"Good morning Bora..."

"Oh Jiyoon, you're taking the garbage? Thank you soo much!"

"No problem."

Thank you so much? Oh well, I'll let it go this time...

As I went about my work, more people filled into the office.

"Morning! You're sure hard at work already,"Jinki said with a yawn.

"No, really. Its the least I can do.."

Mr Choi came into the office.

"Is everyone here? Alright, lets start the meeting."

Meeting..?

Looks like everyone's getting up. Is everyone supposed to attend?

"We have a meeting at this time every week. They get angry if we;re late, so try not to dilly dally, okay,"Jinki informs.

I nodded at his advice.

 

"....and that's why Jiyoon and I will be working on the book cafe...,"Mr Choi annouced."Jiyoon just tranferred here so there's sure to be a number of things she's not familiar with yet. As such, I've arranged for Jinki to look after her."

"Yes, sir. I will do my best to train her"

"In any case, do we have any other new projects?"

"Just one Mr Choi. We've been hired to coordinate on exhibition at La Galerie MG.I'm planning to handle it myself but it would be nice to have one more person as a back up.."

"Sorry, no can do."Hoya said.

"I have three projects going at once.."Sunjong adds.

"If my workload gets any heavier, it'll kill me,"Bora complained.

"I see. Jiyoon that means you'll have to be the one to back Jinki up,"Mr Choi ordered.

"Huh? But I thought I was going to be working on the Book Cafe?"

"In our department, its normal for employees to work on several projects at a time. If you cant find for at least two, it might be a problem."

"I understand."

 

"Well, we've got an urgent meeting starting at 3,"Jinki said as he stood at my desk. "These are the documents relating to the gallery. You'd better give them a quick read."

"Thanks,"I said gratefully as I accepted the documents. "I'm sure there's still a lot I dont know, but I'm looking forward to working with you."

"Likewise. I'm gonna train you hard so be prepared. And oh, one more thing. I got these from the business department."

I beamed at the thing that he is holding.

"Wow, my very own business cards!"

"You belong to the sales department design team?"he asking teasingly.

"That's right!"

I look at the cards.... At last...I'm really a member of the design team..!!!

"You seem a little too excited about this,"Jinki commented.

"Sorry, I just cant help being happy.."

"Make sure to keep 10 business cards on you at all times. You can store at least 100 in this file. You'll have a mountain of them before you know it."

"Got it."

 

I went to La Galerie MG with Jinki.

"Mr Lee Byunghyun, the gallery president, went to greet the artist. He said to wait here for now."

"Ok..I'll be looking at the paintings."

"Alright, I'm going to make a quick phone call outside."

Jinki seems so busy..I guess that's because he's got so many people relying on him.

I want to become someone who can be relied on too...

"I'll have to keep studying if I want to get better at my job..."I whispered to myself.

I focus back on the painting appreciation.

'Art Days #7'..An exhibition featuring the work of young artist....

Wow...$230 000 for this tiny painting? The big one over there was only $100 000...

I wonder how the prices are decided. To be honest, I didnt get it at all....

"Hhmmm..."

I came to a halt in front of an oil painting.

"A picture of the ocean..."

The artist used such beautiful tones...

The colors are lively but I feel like there's something sad and lonely about it too...

"Wow, talk about coincidence!"

That voice.....!

I turn around and to my nightmare its him!

Kim Myungsoo!!

"Imagine running into you again! Maybe we've got some sort of special bond."

"You!"

What the hell is he doing here?

"Sorry to keep you waiting Jiyoon. This is Mr Lee Byunghun, the owner of the gallery." Jinki introduced.

"Hello there. Nice to meet you."

I shook his hand. "Nice to meet you sir. I am Jeon Jiyoon....Sorry, just let me grab you a business card.."

Flustered, I presented one of my freshly printed business cards to Mr Lee.

But just then...

"Wow, Missy! You really do work for Mr Choi?"

He snatched the card from my hand before I can give it to Mr Lee.

"What are you doing? Give me back my business card!"

"I thought for sure you were his new girlfriend!"

"Jiyoon, do you know this guy?"Jinki asked, alarmed.

"Not exactly,"I answered, giving up on the idea of taking my card back.

"Nice to meetcha. I'm the lover of this lovely lady."

Jinki looked shocked, his eyeballs almost popped out. "Excuse me? What is he talking about?"

"No, no, no, this is just a big misunderstanding!"

Oh my god, he had to do this in front of Mr Lee. How embarrassing!

"A misunderstanding?" Myungsoo chuckled knowingly, putting his lips to my ear. "Now Missy...are you planning to pretend that last night never happened?"

"W-what?"

"So sneaky. I'm sure you're not planning to forget about me though..."

"Myungsoo, stop trying to get on her nerves,"Mr Lee said.

Mr Lee knew Myungsoo????

"Huh? Myungsoo? Then that means this guy must be...." Jinki voice trailed off.

"That's right. This is Kim Myungsoo. We're going to hold his solo exhibition soon."

Mr Lee explained.

A solo exhibition? This guy? In that case, that picture of the ocean must have been....

Panicking, I took another look at the painting. At the bottom was the artist's signature : 'KMS'.

"I'm terribly sorry for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Lee Jinki and I am in charge of the interiors here."

"Fine, fine, fine. Like I said, I'm not into formalities."

Myungsoo gave him a sulking look.

"Well..."

"Really, just relax... Just call me Myungsoo." His expression changed in an instant. "And I'll call you Jin and Missy!"

"Ji-Jin..."

"Whatever,"I said to Myungsoo.

"Dont treat me too politely, got it Missy?"

He suddenly and unexpectedly grabbed my chin.

I was too stunned to react.

"Myungsoo!'Jinki screams out to him.

But Myungsoo ignored him. He grins at me. "If you say anything too polite, I'll punish you with a kiss. Think you can remember that?"

I nodded.

"Of course if you want me to kiss you, just keep the niceties coming..."

I pushed him away roughly.

"I think I'll manage without them."

I chose to forget about work and glare at the boy, but Myungsoo was beaming.

Urghhhh.....

"Hmm? Well anyway at least until my exhibits ends next month, it looks like I'll be in your hands...Missy.."