Chapter 13 - KrisYoon Couple(Completed)

In Your Arms Tonight

The beginning of March.

I had a surprise in store that I had never imagined.

"A special award in the the store design category? For the wine bar?"

"Yes, I just got the call from an editor with Design Express,"Mr Choi said.

"Really? That's...."

"Unbelievable!"Bora said excitedly. "That's the word that's all over your face Jiyoon."

"Hey..Its rude to poke fun at someone like that,"Jinki complained. "Good for you though. Its amazing getting an award for your first job."

Everyone in the team congratulates me.

"Thank you but it wasnt all me. I got a ton of support from Jinki on this."

"Aw, shucks..You're making me blush."

"Too bad for you Jinki. You were one of the finalists,'Bora said.

"Dont say that...You'll make me cry."

"Its about time you started applying yourself to more public awards anyway Jinki,"Mr Choi advised. "How about interior design award?"

"Er but Mr Choi, I've got a long way to go for that."

"Hey, you never know till you try right?"Bora encouraged.

"Enough about me. This is about Jiyoon. Let's have a party sometime soon okay?"

"Please... You dont have to do that."

"Dont worry about it. Its just a pretext for everybody to go out drinking anyway."

Bora clapped her hands excitedly. "If we're doing that, let's rent out a whole bar for the party!"

"Good idea. Want to negotiate with the wine bar?"Mr Choi asked.

I feel like things keep getting bigger.....................................

 

That night, I told Kris about the award over dinner.

"Is that award a big thing?"

"I guess its supposed to be, in this industry at least."

"So the people at the office are holding an award party. Would you like to come? Its two week from Wednesday and it starts at 7."

"Where will it be?"

"The wine bar. How about it?"

i gave him a pleading look.

"I'll think about it if I can find the time."

"Thanks..."

"I havent decided if I'll go yet, you realize."

"But you'll think about it. That's enough to make me happy."

"..."

"Oh, but you're busy with work, dont push yourself."

"Of course I wont."

 

The day of the party....

"And here's to Jiyoon's award. Cheers!"

All followed Mr Choi's lead. "Cheers!"

Everyone tipped back glasses filled with white wine.

"Congratulations Jiyoon. Good for you!"Seunghyun said.

"Thanks."

"Gyuri and Tiffy say they're coming later."

"Really? I'll have to thank them."

"By the way, where's your husband?"

"He said he'd come if he could make it.. But he seemed busy lately, so I guess he's having a hard time..."

I'd like it he did come but he hasnt sent me anything on my cell phone either...

"Do you have a moment, Jiyoon?'

Mr Choi came up with a group of men that appeared to be in their forties.

"Mr Lee, this is Jiyoon. She works for me. She was in charge of this bar's design," he said to the man. Turning to me he said,"Jiyoon. "This is Mr Lee Jung with Sahas Marketing Foods."

Sahas..That company owns a major pub chain, dont they?

"How do you do. I'm Jiyoon."

"How do you do. What a lovely place this is. Its not flashy at all, yet..A single visit is enough to keep it struck in your head."

"Thank you very much."

"By the way, where did you come up with the idea for the illumination at the counter?"

I addressed a wide range of questions as well as I could.

Whenever I started to stumble in my responses, Mr Choi would step in and cover for me.

"I see..Thank you very much"Mr Lee said. "I hope we'll have the opportunity to work together on a job one day."

"Yes, I would look forward greatly to working with you sir."

 

I watched Mr Lee head off the bar and let out a light huff.

"Were you nervous?"

"Yes sir. Did you invite Mr Lee?"

"Yes. He said he read this month's Design Express and said he'd love to make it if he could. Besides I wanted to introduce him to you Jiyoon."

"Thank you Mr Choi," I said grateful.

"How long has it been since you joined our team?"

"Half a year, sir."

"How's the job working out for you?"

"Its hard work, but I love it. It's very rewarding."

"Good."

"When you first got transferred to my office....I wasnt sure what the boss was thinking."

What...?

"A thirty year old woman with no design experience and married to boot. I figured you'd never fit on and that you'll quit halfway through."

"..."

"But you defied my expectations. You've worked hard for us Jiyoon. I hope you'll stick with the team and keep gaining experience. I expect great things out of you."

I was almost in tears by what Mr Choi had just said. Getting recognition from him. All my efforts are paid off. I am so happy. The day has finally come that Mr Choi speaks highly of me.

"Hmm,I see someone over there...Isnt that your husband Jiyoon?"

I quickly turn around and saw Kris!!!

He's right... He really did come!

I waved eagerly over to Kris and he came up to me.

"Thanks for coming. How's work?"

"I finished ahead of schedule,"Kris answered, then casually put an arm around my waist.

Wait...Kris?

"Mr Choi, was it? My wife put you through some trouble when she was drunk a while back. I'm sorry about that."

"Please think nothing of it."

Kris? Is he in a bad mood?

Step,step,step...

"There she is! Congrats Yoonie!"

"Gyuri! Tiffy!"

"I'm impressed. You got a party and everything,"Gyuri said, eyes looking around the crowd.

"Oh, is that Mr Wu with you?" Tiffany asked.

"Ah, its been some time. We havent seen each other since the wedding, have we?"Gyuri said, smiling.

"Yes, thats right,"Kris replied.

I saw Tiffany checking Mr Choi out. "So who's the other hottie, Yoonie?"

"This is my manager, Mr Choi Siwon."

"Is that right? Are you single?"

Mr Choi looks a bit flustered. "Yes, why...?"

"I knew it! You didnt have a family scent on you. Are you seeing anybody right now?"

Geez, Tiffany can really be straightforward sometimes.

"Not really..."

"Hold on, Tiffy! Cut it out!"

"Whats the big deal Gyuri? Unlike you girls, I'm single. There's nothing wronv with making a pass at a guy. Besides if you two didnt have husbands, I bet you'd totally be wishing this manager woukd make a pass at you!"

"Well...maybe. Right,Yoonie?"

Wait, Gyuri is looking at me?

I felt Kris's pulling me closer to him.

"Hmm?"

"Huh? Whats with that reaction?" Tiffany asked.

"I respect Mr Choi as my supervisor. I've never considered him in any other way."

"Bah, what a bore."

*giggle*

"Stop that, Tiffy. Yoonie is more into guys like Kris anyway. Is that right Yoonie?"

"Well, yeah..."

Its true but its embarrassing having to admit it.

"Good for you huh, Kris."

"Yes. As her husband, I'm relieved to hear that."

Now, I felt him gripping my waist more tightly.

Kris? Something seems to be different about him...

Click!

"Is this the party place?"

That voice... It couldnt be...

 

"J-J-Jinki, over there! Isnt that?" Bora said in excitement.

Jinki couldnt believe his eyes.

"Holy cow! Choi Minho? From the Korea National soccer team!" It really is Minho! But why?

 

"Over here Minho!"Tiffany calls out to him. "Yoonie is here!"

"Oh hey! Sorry I'm late." Minho came up with a large bouquet of flowers and I grew a little dizzy.

"Jiyoon, you knew Choi Minho?" Mr Choi asked in awe.

"We're classmates on high school..."

Gyuri look upset.

"Sorry Yoonie, I tried to stop this but Tiffy insisted we should have a surprise guest..."

Everyone was staring at Minho in amazement.

But Minho must have gotten used being in the spotlight.

He showed no indication of fidgeting under their gazes.

"I heard it all from Tiffy. Nice going!"he said as he passed me the bouquet.

"Thank you."

"Thats the girl I fell for alright."

Some shrieks rose up around us.

"Hold on, Minho...!"

"Hahah, whats the big deal? Its all in the past."

"Does thay mean you're single and available right now Minho?"Woman A asked.

"Are you seeing anyone?" Woman B adds.

He stopped laughing and all smile left his face. "Nope, not since Jiyoon dumped me."

"Then?" Bora asked curiously.

She and Jinki joined our group when Minho came.

"I believe in stealing what you want for yourself. That goes for soccer positions... And for the woman I fall for."

Another round of shrieks rose in the room.

Bora look at me enviously. "Wow, Jiyoon. I cant believe you got Choi Minho to say that to you."

"Oh god, he said stealing just now right?" Woman A said out loud.

"Wow! What'll you do Jiyoon?"Woman B asked. "Gonna let him steal you away?"

"No one's stealing me!" I said angrily.

"Settle down everyone! That was just a joke!"

I flashed Minho a killer look.

"You settle down too, Minho! Why would you go and say that?"

Minho shrugged.

"Hahah. Whats the problem with a little excitement? Besides I was half serious, you know."

Minho's eyes looked not at me but at Kris.

"Is this your husband?"

I nodded.

"How do you do. I'm Choi Minho."

"How do you do. I'm Kris Wu. I'm sure my wife is delighted to have a celebrity such as yourself attending her party."

"Wife huh?"

Is it just me coz I think I can see sparks flying in here?

What do I do?

"Hey, Jiyoon,"Jinki interruted. "You and Minho know each other? For real?"

"Thats right."

"Umm, hey! I'm a huge fan! Can I shake your hand?"

Whoa, is Jinki getting teary eyed? He's that big of a fan of Minho's?

"You sure you only want a handshake?"Minho teased.

"Ah,plus an autograph please! Let me get something for you to sign on!"

Jinki looked around but cant seem to find anything.

"Can you sign on my back instead?"

"Jinki, thats your suit,"I reminded him.

"How about my shirt then?"

"Jinki, settle down!"

I didnt realise that beside me, Kris was looking sad.

With that unexpected surprise, the party broke up 30 mins ahead of schedule...

 

As we were walking along the street, I smiled happily at Kris.

"Thank you for going out of your way to make it today."

"...."

I looked away shyly.

"Thay made me really happy. I wanted you to be there more than anyone else."

Kris stopped at my words.

"Is that really true?"

I stopped in my tracks too.

"Sorry?"

"Are you sure I wasnt just getting in the way back there?"

Kris? He seems to be in a bad mood.

But wait. Rather than bad mood, is he.jealous?

"Are you...jealous?"

He looks away, blushing.

Oh my god. He really is! Thats so hard to believe.

I reached out and took hold of Kris's arm.

"Whats that for?"

"Its just that.. I am happy and kind of flattered."

I smiled despite the fact that my eyes has gone teary.

"You've never gotten jealous over me before."

"Thats not it."

"Oh? You mean you werent jealous?"

I was disappointed and hurriedly let go of my hands.

But he gripped it back tightly.

"Your skull is thick beyond belief sometimes."

His tone was clearly irrate. I fell silent in the face of that.

 

Clack!

He didnt say another word, the whole way home.

I feel awkward now.

"Umm Kris?" I call out to him.

"Ack!"

Suddenly, I found myself pressed up against the front door.

"You dont understand anything!"

I look up at him, eyes wide in shock. Our faces are just inches away.

"How do you think I felt during that party?"

"Kris.."

"Your friendly coworker...That superior that took notice of you..."

"I've got nothing going on with Jinki and Mr Choi."

"Then what about that soccer player holding a torch for you?"

"...."

"How do you think I felt seeing you reflected in his eyes? How many times do you think I wanted to take you away from there and bring you home?"

"Kris, do you mean?"

My lips were sealed before I could say anything more.

"Mph...Mm..."

The bouquet Minho gave me, fell to the ground.

It was a kiss far too intense for a doorway.

I went slack against the doir and he pressed against me even further.

Oh, it couldnt be...

Kris's long fingers worked on the top row of buttons of my coat...

He got it half open,then reached for the buttons of the blouse I wore underneath....

"No...Kris..."

"...."

"We're..in the...doorway..."

He stopped, panting.

Whispering to my ears huskily,"What if we werent?"

I have no answer to that.

"What if it was the bedroom?"

His low murmur sent a shiver up my spine.

In lieu of an answer, I wrapped my arms around Kris's neck.

"Is that your answer?"

"Yes."

Lips brushed along my moistened eyes.

They at me, and just as my body started to tremble...

Kris cell phone rang.

But Kris wouldnt pull back from me.

"Kris...The phone..."

Kris kissed my neck needingly.

"Forget it. I can call back later."

His tongue tracing a line down to my chest.

"But.."

It wont stop ringing.

He finally relented and let go of me.

Kris let out a heavy sigh and reached into his coat pocket.

"Oh, its Mom...Hello?...What? Dad collasped?"

I looked up, startled. I had never expected to hear that.