Thought

My Royal Romance II

I sighed as I woke up the next morning with my phone clutched into my tight grip. Wiping the drool off of my face, I sat up and ran a hand through my frizzy, messed up hair as I checked it for any notifications. It was just some texts from Chanyeol and others and a reminder that wasn't really important, and I frowned when I didn't see a missed call notification from Baekhyun. Sighing, I groaned and wondered if he really didn't wanna see me anymore. Did he get sick of me? I furrowed my brow in confusion as I stared at my phone, willing it to flash and show that he was calling me,  but I guess my phone is rebelling against me today. 

Should I call him instead? I unlocked my phone and pressed the phone app, Baekhyun's name coming first. My finger hovered over the call button and I hesitated before groaning and turning my phone away. I can't do it, oh my gosh, I'm too scared and I don't know what to say and I'm so confused and I'm literally about to die and--

My rambling thoughts stopped when I heard a knock on my door. "Yes?" 

The door creaked open and Seoyeon poked her head in. "Unni?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Are you okay?" She asked, stepping in and shutting the door behind her gently. She trotted towards my bed and jumped onto it, sitting across from me with bright eyes. 

"What?" I mumbled, staring at her with surprise. 

"You seemed kinda down last night, so I was wondering if you were okay?" Seoyeon asked earnestly, grinning. 

"Um, I'm okay, I think," I replied with a small smile.

She just stared at me suspiciously and flicked my forehead.

"Ow! What was that for?" I groaned, rubbing my throbbing forehead. 

"You're being an idiot!" Seoyeon declared and before I could say something, she went on, "Gosh, Baekhyun's the one bothering you isn't he? Boys are so dumb."

"Hey, he's my fiance though," I reminded, whacking her forehead playfully. "And it's not entirely his fault."

I explained the whole story to Seoyeon, who listened patiently, but when it got to the end, she started thrashing around, whining. "What is wrong with him?! Doesn't he know how to be smooth with girls?!" She whimpered, hitting her fists on the blanket. "He gives me so much second hand embarassment, oh my gosh, why are you marrying someone like that?! He's so weird." 

I laughed and pet her head to calm her down. "Yeah he's super weird, but I really like him, so shush." 

She rolled her eyes and mumbled, "I don't know how you like really like someone like him, but okay." 

"Ah, you'll be the best sister-in-law to him, won't you?" I giggled. 

"Of course! I'm going to rip his hair out everyday and throw all my stuff at him! And not to mention give him awesome makeovers." She grinned widely, and I rolled my eyes at her ridiculousness. "But do you feel better?" 

"Ah, yeah," I replied, laughing softly. 

"That's good," she smiled, and pat my head cutely. 

There was another knock on the door, and I blinked, wondering who was there. "Yeah?"

My mom opened the door and smiled, waving brightly. "Hi Miyeon, Seoyeon. Are you guys hungry yet?" 

Seoyeon nodded eagerly, and I thought about it for a moment, remembering that I haven't eaten all day yesterday, before nodding my head. We hopped off the bed and headed into the kitchen and sat at the table. 

"Mom! Did you know that Baekhyun is being such a jerk to unni?!" Seoyeon complained loudly, glaring at the bowl of rice in front of her. 

"Hey!" I hissed, covering . She just pushed my hand away and my mom brought the kimchi jjigae to the table and sat down. 

"Baekhyun? What did he do?" 

I groaned, burying my face in my hands as Seoyeon described what I told her, adding a few remarks about him. My mom just stayed quiet as she listened and nodded at the right parts, stuffing with food. Once she finished retelling the story, my mom nodded in understanding before starting to speak. 

"So do you still want to marry him?" She asked curiously, scooping up some rice. 

"Yeah," I mumbled under my breath, picking at my food sullenly. 

"You should at least communicate with him. Have you called him?" She suggested and I reluctantly shook my head. 

"I kinda got mad when he called and ignored him since. I didn't mean to though!" I whimpered, furrowing my brows in frustration. 

"Hey," my mom hit my head in annoyance, "communication is important in a relationship. How do you expect things to patch up when you haven't done anything to fix it?" 

"Well, what about those relationships that have a fight and just get back together without saying anything about the fight?" I mumbled, groaning. 

"What are you, in a drama? That doesn't happen in real life!" My mom sighed. 

"Yeah, but since we're fighting over a girl, what if he chose her over me! My heart will be crushed to a billion bits!" I whined and Seoyeon laughed.

"But what is he gonna do? She's married with a kid!" Seoyeon reminded with a giggle.

"Hey, don't make fun of me," I whined, pushing her playfully. 

"But I'm serious! What can he do? He likes you anyways!" 

I didn't reply, but I kept what she said in my head, as I sat there, finally putting something in my mouth. Does he really like me like I think he does or is he just pretending?

▲ △ ▼ ▽

I laid on my bed as I thought of Yuri still being mad at me. How am I supposed her convince her that I love her only? Girls are such a pain when they get mad, ugh. Staring at the ceiling, my brows furrowed as I got more and more frustrated at my plans that only got worse and worse as I thought about them more. 

"Hey Baek--" Chanyeol poked his head inside curiously, and I hissed when I saw his idiotic happy virus face. 

"Go away." 

"What?" 

"Go away," I whined again, and Chanyeol just rolled his eyes. 

"Do you have any lotion, I lost mine," he continued to say, and I groaned reaching for the one at my bedside table and throwing it at him. Chanyeol narrowly caught it and grinned, "Okay night!" 

I heard him hum as he walked out and buried my head in my pillow. Maybe I'll feel better if I got something to eat? Groaning again, I rolled out of bed, fixing my hair lazily as I wandered out of my room and out in the halls. It was quiet and amiable, but that only ticked me off even more for some reason. I walked into the kitchen, which was occupied by no one (thank goodness), and I went straight to the pantry, brushing through packages and boxes to find something suitable to eat. Finally I just settled for a box of cookies, and I munched on probably the whole thing before I remembered that I wasn't supposed to eat before I slept and before I could put them away, I stared down at them and realized that the last cookie was sitting in my hand, staring at me irrisistably. After a moment of debating whether or not I should actually eat it or not, I hastily shoved it in my mouth, and quickly shooting the box into the trash before I could feel guilty for going against my food morals. 

Sauntering out the kitchen, I spotted Yuri and Kris at the end of the hallway, with Ace in their arms. A scowl made it onto my face as I stared at them, hesitantly taking a step forward and a step back. If I walk right now, they'll notice me and I'll die and those cookies I ate won't be properly digested and I probably would get all moody and they would resent me--

Before I could finish my rambling thoughts, the pair turned and spotted me in surprise. 

"Baek?" Yuri asked, walking down the hall cheerily. "What are you doing awake? It's getting late!" 

"I got hungry," I mumbled, wondering what to do. The girl that my fiance is upset about is right in front of me and I still have no idea what to do and her husband is just right there and I'm pretty sure that I don't like Yuri anymore, but then it's just so weird and ahh. 

"Hungry? Didn't you eat dinner an hour earlier?" Kris raised an eyebrow. 

"Ah, I don't think I ate enough today. Maybe I'm just having a late growth spurt?" 

"Oh then good for you. It's time you grew, you mushroom," he joked, patting my head. 

"Shut up," I muttered, rolling my eyes. 

"Anyways, how are you and Miyeon?" Yuri asked brightly. 

"Uh, peachy?" I answered, scratching the back of my head. 

"How come she hasn't visited though?" She cocked her head in confusion. 

"We fought actually," I explained, trying to keep my annoyance level in check. 

"What why?!" Her eyes widened in surprise and I bit my lip, trying to think of a proper explanation. 

"You don't need to know!" I snapped out of panic and when she winced, I wanted to hide. 

"Oh okay, sorry for asking," she mumbled nonchalantly, lowering her gaze. 

"Hey, Byun Baekhyun, what's gotten into you?" Kris hissed. "You didn't need to be that mean!" 

Before Yuri could shush him, I found my annoyance rising and something in me just exploded in anger. 

"Yah, don't tell me what I can't and can do! You guys are being annoying right now!" I lashed out and Kris glowered at me. 

"Us? You're the one getting mad at us for no reason, Baekhyun, you seriously need to stop being such an idiot right now and stop including us in your anger because it's clearly meant for everything that happened with you and Miyeon, got it? I swear, if you say one more idiotic thing to me or Yuri or Ace, I'll knock your height away." He hissed angrily and I glared back at him with a hmph, as I strode past them and back into my room, instantaneously feeling guilty for getting mad at them. They didn't do anything bad. I was just angry. I really need to resolve things with Miyeon before I make everyone mad at me, I thought glumly, burying my face into the pillow again. 

I seriously need to fix things. 

---------------

hii everyone! here's a quick (??) update! ahh sorry it's so short I think I have like a mild form of writer's block lmfao. ugh school starts in like 11 days from now and ugh I'm gonna be super busy, so I hope I can finish this fic before then, but tbh probably not LOOL. anyways, i'll try my best to update the next chapter shortly! thank you for reading and I hope you all have a nice day!