Visiting The Palace

My Royal Romance II

I brought a sweater against my chest, as I examined my current outfit. “No,” I muttered to myself, “this is too dark.” Throwing it back into my closet, I grabbed a white sweater this time, and sighed as I placed it on my chest again. Furrowing my brow, I frowned as I threw the sweater on the bed and wondered what else I should wear.

“You’re only going to see the palace,” Soyeon commented, as she shoved a half-bitten marshmallow into . I shot her a look, before burying myself deeper into my closet, searching through my jeans and skirts.

“It’s not just only going to see the palace, I’m going to see Baekhyun’s family and stuff,” I muttered back, fishing out a black skirt with white flower designs at the hem. Blinking at it for a moment, I just shrugged at pulled it over my jean shorts, making sure they looked right, before slipping my pants off.

“Yeah, but come on, you already look nice. Just go already, I bet they’re expecting you in two seconds.” She rolled her eyes.

“For your information, they’re expecting me in like, another hour, okay.” I answered back with a wispy, smart tone. Soyeon glared at me, before nibbling on another marshmallow. Throwing on my white sweater, I blinked, looking at my legs. “Do you think they look hairless?” I asked.

“As hairless as a buffalo.” Soyeon muttered, and I narrowed my eyes, before rolling my eyes.

“Thanks for the help,” I mumbled, grabbing my phone and purse.

“Say hi to the Crown Prince for me,” she beamed, and I scoffed.

“Don’t expect anything to happen,” I answered teasingly. “He’s in a committed marriage. Have you seen his adorable baby?”

Soyeon glared at me, and threw a marshmallow at my head, even though she knows that it’s not going to do anything to me. I just let it bounce against my head, before I rolled my eyes, and exited the door, with her scampering behind me.

“Are you leaving now, sis?” She asked curiously.

“Eh, I’ll eat first, then leave.” I replied, letting her catch up to me.

“You should bring a gift, at least.” Soyeon commented.

“Yeah I am. It’s kimchi,” I laughed softly when I remembered when my mom had told me that she prepared kimchi for them. I thought I’d be bringing cake, but nope. I just get kimchi. Soyeon didn’t show any signs of grossness, so I guess it’s okay though.

“Are you excited?” she asked quietly.

“Hm? Yeah, I mean, I get to see the palace for the first time!” I beamed gleefully.

“No, I mean, like, getting married,” she interjected, furrowing her brows.

“Huh? What’s not to be excited about it?”

“Isn’t it weird though? You’re twenty and you’ve never really been in a relationship, and now you’re married.”  Soyeon pointed out.

“Oh… Well I’ve never really thought about it until you just said it. I guess it’s sad that I’ve never been in a relationship in my twenty years of living, but whatever, Baekhyun’s a cool guy. You like him right?” I asked anxiously, walking into the empty kitchen with her.

She nodded vigorously. “I love him. He’s perfect for you.” She smiled cheekily, and hesitated, before continuing. “I wish you a happy marriage.”

“Thanks,” I replied, feeling awkward for a moment, before being suddenly engulfed with a wave of happiness. The fact that my sister was being supportive and genuinely honest about her opinions about my future husband made me giddy.

“No problem,” Soyeon answered, pulling the fridge handle, opening it. She bent down and peered in, wondering what we had to eat. Finally, she sighed and settled onto taking a packet of ramen from the pantry and cooking it. “You want one?” She asked.

Nodding, I watched as she cooked them separately in the same pot, and gratefully took the steaming hot bowl from her when she finished. “Thanks,” I commented with a smile. She rolled her eyes.

“That’s your birthday present,” Soyeon scoffed teasingly, and I chuckled softly.

“Whatever.” I replied, taking a pair of chopsticks from Soyeon’s hands. Digging into the meal, I savored the warm, chicken flavored noodles. It was still hot, so I ate it carefully, making sure not to burn my tongue.

Pretty soon, I finished it, and checked the clock. It was about one-thirty, so I decided to start heading out. “Are you going now?” Soyeon asked. I nodded and she added, “Well bye. I hope you have fun.” I beamed at her and replied, “Thanks and bye,” before grabbing my jacket and walking out the door. I was about to get into my car, but as I opened the garage door, I jumped back, when I noticed a limo parked onto the street. It blocked my driveway, making me unable to drive. Getting slightly annoyed, I slowly made my way towards the limo and before I could knock on the window, someone climbed out on the other side, making me jump again.

“H—Hello,” I stuttered, bowing slightly. The person smiled at me kindly.

“Hello. I am your chauffeur for your ride to the palace.” He introduced himself. I blinked in awe.

“I get to sit in… this amazing limo?” I said slowly, hearing the foreign words slip out of my mouth. The suited man chuckled and nodded.

“His Highness requested it himself,” he informed.

“Baekhyun?”

He nodded and I sighed an “ah,” before opening the door and getting in. I sat next to the window and noticed the spaciousness of the interior. Gazing in surprise, I fumbled with my fingers nervously, anticipating my visit. I’ve never seen beyond the large wooden gates that guarded the traditional Korean palace before; only the things before it were visible. Nervousness vibrated throughout my body and I could feel cold sweats on my spine continuously.

Pulling on my seatbelt and clicking it in place, I waited for the limo driver to start driving. After a moment, he the ignition, and backed out properly, before speeding off. The scenery behind the windows blurred past me as I gazed outside. “Please make yourself comfortable,” the limo driver smiled. “It’s only a short ride, but it does take some time to get there.”

“Ah, thanks,” I answered sweetly, and leaned back into the seat, returning my stare to the scenery. The limo driver was right though; we arrived in about thirty minutes and I found myself suddenly inside a huge garage, filled with all sorts of cars. There were Mercedes, BMWs, Ferraris, and basically any high class car you can think of. I gaped and wondered if they would scratch at the slight touch of my finger.

Holding my breath in awe, I just slowly backed away from anything that looked too expensive for my poor peasant self, and just blinked awkwardly. “Miss, His Highness is waiting inside,” a tall, sweet looking guy who wore a butler suit, smiled. I just bowed slightly in thanks, and cautiously walked in.

The inside of the palace was even bigger than I’d thought. Like, I knew it was going to be big, but wow, I wouldn’t have expected it to be that big. The ceiling towered over me, as if it was a part of the sky, and golden chandeliers hung in rows on them. The hallway was spacious and it was probably the size of mine and my sister’s room combined – maybe bigger.

I walked through the halls with quiet tip toes, wondering where Baekhyun was. I guess I’ve wandered for too long because a maid spotted me and amusedly asked, “Are you lost?”

I shyly looked at her, but nodded. Hell, I am not travelling through the whole palace to see one guy, even if he is hot. “I need to find Baekhyun…?” I answered awkwardly. The maid’s face brightened up.

“Oh, are you his fiancé, Miyeon? Oh, my, I’ll lead you to his Highness at once.” She quickly strode forward and I found myself jogging to chase up to her, holding onto the hem of my skirt nervously. The maid halted to a stop at a corner, and I skidded to stop as well.

“He should be in his room with the others.” She beamed.

“Thank you,” I responded, wondering who ‘the others’ were. I shrugged mentally, and just knocked on the door.

“Come in?” It was Baekhyun’s voice and I felt a thousand of my worries instantaneously flew away. I turned the door knob slowly and poked my head in. His eyes lit in both amusement and in surprise when he realized it was me.

“Miyeon! Hey!” He greeted warmly, standing up and reaching over to get me out of my hiding spot. “How are you?”

“Oh, I’m good,” I beamed, and then cast my gaze on eleven other guys in the room. Baek must’ve caught my line of sight because he snapped his fingers.

“Sorry, I forgot to introduce you to the guys.” He commented, and then started listing the names of the guys from left to right. They all smiled at me and waved.

“Hello, I’m Miyeon.” I introduced myself with a quick bow.

“You’re Baek’s fiancé? You’re cute,” Kris grinned.

“Th—Thanks.” I stuttered, caught with surprise.

“Who’s cute?”

I almost jumped at the sudden feminine voice, and turned behind me, where the sound was loudest, and saw a beautiful woman standing there, with a baby in her arms. She was shorter than me, but was rather thin and lithe. The baby boy she was holding cooed happily and sputtered nonsense, which made him seem even cuter. His eyes were big and wide and he looked at everything curiously.

Kris’ face turned slightly red, as he stood up and wrapped his arm around her waist, using his other hand to pat the baby boy’s face affectionately. “I was just saying how cute Baek’s fiancé is,” He answered. “But don’t worry. I think you’re the cutest for me.”

The woman chuckled, and punched his arm with her free fist, mumbling something I couldn’t catch. She rolled her eyes and then turned to me, smiling brightly.

“Hello, I’m Shin Yuri. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Hi guuuys ;u; Sorry for not updating in so long omg /cries. I was so busy ugh. But I finally updated so I guess it’s all good now? :D

No?
okay. /sobs

;u; But if you guys still love me, please leave a comment or something, so I know that you don’t hate me lmao.

See you next time~

Bye~