Search

My Royal Romance II

Baekhyun POV 

After last night, my arm was so sore from throwing all those snowballs and I swear, I probably almost got buried under all that snow that the others chucked so mercilessly at me. 

Grumbling, I rolled over in bed, hissing when I put pressure on my upper arms. Why did I have to be so dumb and agree to that snowball fight?! Why couldn't I have just been peaceful like Luhan and made snowmen?! Sighing, I grunted as I sat up, rubbing my eyes tiredly. I checked the clock and saw that it was 9:54 A.M. already, so I slipped out of bed, yawning, and made my way to the bathroom to wash up. Wasn't today the day I decided to meet Miyeon?

I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face and hurried to my closet to put on a sweater and jeans, not forgetting to wrap myself with a thick coat. Staring at myself in the mirror, I nodded firmly and made it for the door, rushing out.

"Do you want some breakfast-" Luhan asked, as he passed by me in the hallway, but I strode past him, ignoring his question. "Well that's weird," he mumbled, scratching his head as he watched me, and shrugged, continuing on heading to the kitchen.

"Baek, what are you doi-" Jongin stared at me as I rushed by, and blinked in confusion, before furrowing his brow and sighing with a small shake of his head.

My surroundings were a blur, until I reached the front door, grabbing a pair of black tennis shoes, and slipping them on quickly. "And where are you going now?" I jumped in alarm at the surprise voice, and turned back, staring up at Kris.

"O-outside," I stuttered accidentally, my face turning red from embarrassment.

"You should be careful. It's really cold out there," he scolded, and tossed over a pair of gloves and a scarf at my face. I grumbled at him with a small glare, but grabbed the items gratefully, pulling them on.

"There," I said, turning back to tie my shoes, "I won't die from the cold now."

"Okay we never said that, but at least you have a less likely chance." Kris joked, and I hissed up at him. "Anyways, you better stay super warm and not overexert yourself. Make sure to come home soon." He added and I rolled my eyes. 

"Okay dad," I replied with a small smile. 

"I didn't know I gave birth to you," he pretended to gag. "Can you never come home actually?" 

"Hmph, no way. I'm coming home every single day!" I declared, making Kris act like he was barfing. 

"Okay, well, I hope you and Miyeon fix your problems soon, okay?" He beamed and I nodded, thanking him. 

"Alright, well, bye! I'll make sure to come back soon!" I waved, and then stepped out the door. Maybe I wasn't watching my guard or something, but once the door was shut, I started shivering from the cold. "Why is it so cold now?!" I hissed, wrapping my arms around my body tightly. Sure, I wore thick clothing, but the cold is really getting to my bones. 

"I should've brought out Park Chanyeol to be my heater," I grumbled, feeling the wind blast in my face. I hobbled out of the palace gates, my teeth chattering; okay, it's okay, Miyeon's house isn't even that far, you can do it Byun Baekhyun! I tried giving myself little pep talks, but the wind just kept blowing them away mercilessly. 

"Why couldn't this have been fall huh?!" I growled into the air, whining loudly. Sighing, I just pulled the scarf closer to my face, and jamming my gloved hands into my pockets to keep warm, and I continued on my way. 

 

Miyeon POV

I bit my lip nervously, as I applied some eyeliner and blush onto my face, staring at myself in the mirror. Taking in a deep breath, I patted my cheeks to calm my racing heart and turned around, stepping out of the bathroom gingerly. I grabbed the scarf sitting on my table, and wrapped it around my thin neck, making sure it was put on snugly, before stepping out of my room. 

"Hi!" Seoyeon greeted me happily as I tiptoed to the kitchen, careful not to wake up my parents. 

"Hey, what are you doing up so early?" I whispered, stopping in my tracks.

"Uh, I'm hungry?" She giggled softly, holding up a PB&J sandwich that had a few bite marks in it. "Are you going out to see Baek?" 

"Yeah, I am," I nodded back with a slight smile, opening up the fridge. After looking in it for a while, I decided to just pick up a pudding cup and lazily took off the wrapping, and the pudding out. 

"Ew, I can't believe he's marrying you," Seoyeon scrunched up her nose playfully and I rolled my eyes at her. 

"He has to accept what he can get," I grinned, tossing the empty cup in the trash.

"Be careful though," she reminded naggingly. "It's cold, so come home soon!" 

"Mhm, okay mom!" I teased, and laughed softly, with a small nod to show that I actually listened to her. 

"Ugh, look at the little sister telling the older sister what to do," she frowned jokingly, and bit into her sandwich with the shake of her head. "Anyways, just go already! I bet Baekhyun's practically crying at not being able to see you." 

"Probably," I giggled, and gave her a quick hug before slipping on winter boots, and dashing out, caught off-guard by how cold it actually was outside. I shivered at first, but as the time went by, I got warmer bit by bit. Striding across the sidewalk, I rubbed my bare hands together, regretting the fact that I didn't put on some gloves before I left, but I shook off that thought, blowing air onto them.

Endure it, I told myself, endure it until you can see that dummy.

The palace wasn't exactly far from my house, but it certainly wasn't all too close either. The walk today seemed extra long for some reason, even though I was walking over there with long strides. I just want to get there already, is that too hard? Sighing under my breath, I stopped to press my chilled hands against my face, feeling them burn slightly. The wind was starting to pick up, freezing me even more, and with another sigh, I continued on, trudging past the roads, my heart skipping a beat excitedly as I saw the palace in view. 

Rushing towards the giant gates, I pressed on the intercom, and a tired voice answered the machine. 

"Hello?" They drawled, sounding as if they just got out of bed. 

"Sehun?" 

"Yes, it is me, hi, how are you, anyways, what are you doing here?" He muttered, yawning loudly. "'Scuse me." 

"Uh, is Baek home?" I asked curiously and Sehun paused to think. 

"I think he left earlier, I don't see his shoes and I don't hear that idiot screaming at Chanyeol right now, so I don't think he's here." He answered and I chuckled, knowing he's probably shrugging his shoulders carelessly. 

"I swear, if he's in there, I'll kill you," I said into the intercom. 

"Hey! I'm telling you that he's not fighting with Chanyeol or running down the hallway with him and that's crucial information here! It's so quiet in the palace right now, even Ace is taking this opportunity for himself." He retorted and I rolled my eyes at him. "Don't you dare roll your eyes at Oh Sehun, missy." I rolled my eyes at him again playfully and he let out a loud huff.

"Hold on, let me ask someone if the idiot is here though," he said and before I could reply, he rushed away, making me stand there awkwardly. I looked down, finding sudden interest in the snow under my shoes, as I poked at it with my sole boredly. "Okay hi, I'm back." 

"Yes, hi Oh Sehun, is he there?" I mocked his voice and Sehun hissed loudly. 

"Just for that, I might not tell you." 

"You love me, you're obviously going to tell me." 

"Who said?" 

"Why, you, of course," I grinned jokingly and Sehun groaned.

"Gross, why would I even say that?" He muttered. "Anyways, he's not here. I heard he's going over to your house or something." 

"Sehun, you are useless."

"Hey!" 

"Why could've someone reliable have answered the door?" I joked. 

"Hey, no one's reliable here, I don't know what you're talking about! Anyways, Baek booty isn't here, so scram, you hamster!" Sehun whined and I laughed at him. 

"Fine, I hope you trip on your feet, by the way!" I told him, before turning and rushing away. 

Okay well, now I know that he isn't even at the palace and instead, going over to my place. Sighing, I quickly walked through the streets, ignoring the cold wind brushing against my face, making my cheeks go red. I seriously hope he doesn't try to go back to the palace and I miss him along the way. Biting my lip nervously, I wasn't properly watching where I was going and collided with a tall figure as I turned the corner. 

"Oh gosh, sorry," I mumbled, rubbing my aching nose. 

"So-sorry," the other voice groaned and I looked up in surprise, recognizing the voice. 

"Baek?"

He blinked opened his eyes and stared down at me in alarm, shocked. 

"Miyeon? What are you doing here?" He asked with wide eyes. 

"Um, looking for you?" 

"Oh, same here. I stopped by your house, and your sister said you were going over to the palace," he laughed sheepishly, scratching the back of his head in embarassment. 

"Yeah, I went to there and Sehun answered the intercom and he literally shooed me away, so I was just going to head home, since he said you were going to be there," I rolled my eyes at the memory, giggling a bit. 

"The coincidence that we ran into each other is so weird though," he laughed softly and I nodded, giggling along. "Anyways, have you been okay lately?" 

I stopped laughing for a second, and nodded vigorously. "You?" 

"I've been bad without you," he chuckled nervously, making me feel bad and wanting to hug him tight. "But now that I've seen you, I'm literally so happy I could die." 

"If you die, I'll kick your ghost ," I hissed, reaching forward to hug him, wrapping my arms around his neck. Baek squeaked in alarm, but automatically placed his arms around my waist, pressing me closer to him. 

"I won't die then," he laughed. "You don't happen to be mad at me anymore though?" 

I shook my head, burying it into his chest. "I was so mad over a silly thing, I'm sorry," I mumbled, my voice muffled. 

"It's okay, I was the one being an idiot anyways," he beamed, kissing the top of my head. 

"You're still an idiot," I replied with a small smile. 

"Yeah and you love me, so shut up," he muttered, ruffling my hair with his gloved hand. We let go from the hug and he took my hands, wrapping them with his own delicately. "You're not wearing gloves? Aren't you cold?" Before I could answer, he took off his pink gloves and put my hands in the holes, pressing them snugly against my fingers. 

"Jeez, take care of yourself, why don't you?" He mumbled with worry, pressing his hot fingers against my freezing cheeks, making me shiver. "Imagine if I didn't bump into you earlier, hmph."

"Sorry, I'll make sure to take care of myself then," I rolled my eyes sarcastically and placed my hands on top of his, gently. 

"You better," he warned. "Your husband isn't going to be happy if you don't." 

"Husband?" I raised my eyebrow at that and stifled a laugh. "Don't you mean fiance?" 

Baekhyun shook his hand off my face, confusing me and startling me, as well. Is he going to tell me something dumb like he doesn't want to be with me anymore?! If he says that, oh God, I'll die.

"About that..." he started, pausing for effect. 

, he's seriously going to break up with me. 

Baekhyun's eyes shifted on the ground, as he put his hands inside his pocket shyly. 

Oh God, don't tell me he's actually going to.

"What are you trying to do?" I furrowed my brows, biting the inside of my mouth in fear. 

"I'm tired, can we sit for a second?" 

"Um, yeah, there's a bench over there?" I pointed to the bench that was buried under snow, and he led me there, patting away the snow and sitting me down, and then sitting down next to me. 

"Anyways," he started again. "About that whole husband thing..." 

I blinked in surprise as he got on the ground and he pulled out a small box, opening it up to reveal a ring with a giant rock. "Oh my God." I whispered in shock, staring at it in alarm. "Baekhyun, do not tell me-" 

"Will you marry me?" 

I felt my voice catch in my throat and I just nodded with tears filling my eyes. "Yeah," I croaked quietly, "of course I'll marry you, what have I been doing as your fiance this whole time?" 

Baekhyun laughed and gingerly slipped the ring through my finger. "I remembered that I never really got you a ring or proposed to you properly, so here it is. I've been holding onto this for so long, but I've never found the right time to actually ask you, but I finally got my chance."

"Imagine if I said no," I laughed, rubbing my tears away. 

"That would've killed me," he frowned, but got back up, sitting next to me. 

"Good," I joked. "Just kidding, you know I would've said yes, you idiot." I smiled, suddenly hugging him. He chuckled and wrapped an around me, bringing me closer to him. 

"You know, we should just go back to the palace for hot chocolate," he suggested, and I nodded brightly. 

"Yes please, I'm so in the mood for hot chocolate right now," I grinned excitedly, practically about to start bouncing. Baekhyun just chuckled and stood up, reaching out a hand for me, which I gladly took. He slipped his fingers through mine and literally beamed with happiness and I laughed, following him back to the palace. 

------------------------------------------

so school started and I got busy so I couldn't update this chapter earlier, but it's finally here! lol after this chapter, it's probably like two more chapters and then it's the end omg!! I'm so happy and blessed that you have stayed with me during this journey and even though there were times where I wouldn't update for months (I feel so sorry about that still omg), you guys still stuck with me and I'm so grateful for that. Thank you for being there for me even though I was basically a rowdy 5 year old ugh, and I hope we meet in my future projects! Have a wonderful day!