Befriending Yuri?

My Royal Romance II

"Hello, I'm Shin Yuri. It's nice to meet you," she smiled at me, and pulled out her free hand. I shook it gently, admiring her features. She blinked at me innocently, like a newborn deer, and I silently cried at how adorable she looked. The baby in her arms gurgled and gooed, turning around to gaze at his surroundings. 

"This is Ace." Yuri smiled, waving Ace's arm at me. The baby blinked and stared questioningly. 

"He's so cute," I cooed, patting his cheek, and making him look at me. Ace grinned toothily and his wide eyes turned into tiny crescents. 

"Yah, who's cuter, Ace or your fiance!?" Baekhyun complained, doing his aegyo. 

"Obviously Ace!" I stuck my tongue out at him, patting the baby boy's head gently. 

"Ay, he's my baby!" Kris objected. "That's why he's so cute!"

"What are you talking about, he gets his looks from me!" Yuri retorted, pouting. 

Chen studied the four arguing, before stepping in mischieviously. "What are you guys talking about? He looks like me! I mean, he is my nephew after all. He gets his looks from the amazing Chen!" He declared loudly. Kris just scoffed and stared at him. 

"Stop spouting lies, Chen Chen. Ace might take after you and your bad habits." 

Chen gasped. "Chen Chen doesn't lie!" 

"You lied to me when you said you didn't eat my slice of cake!" Xiumin protested. 

"Actually, that was me." Baekhyun interjected sheepishly. "It was chocolate cake, come on! Who would pass that opportunity up? By the way, it was yummy. I don't care that I gained a pound from it."

Xiumin stared at the younger man, agape at the fact that he ate his lovely slice of cake. "How could you?! I thought we were friends? Baekhyun, why do you do this to me? This isn't the reality I wanted!" He hissed, his lips jutting out into a cute pout. Luhan just patted his friend's shoulders comfortingly and offered to get him more cake later. Xiumin just sighed, and nodded at the babyfaced boy, sending Baekhyun one last resentful, yet adorable glare. "I'm gonna eat your... your bacon when you're not looking!"

"What?" Baekhyun's jaw dropped. "What the heck, Xiu? I didn't mean to! Honestly, I thought it was Chanyeol's!"

"Hey!" The giant looked at Baek, offended. "I thought we were best friends until we died?"

"Well, you took my eyeliner and forgot to sharpen it so I wanted payback." Baekhyun said with feigned innocence. Chanyeol just stared at the other boy with disbelief, adding to the overall childishness that glowed from him. The other just snickered playfully. 

"Sorry about that, Yeol. I'll give you some dessert later!" He cheerily grinned. 

"Hey, what about me?!" Xiumin burst out. 

"Okay, okay, I'll give you some too," Baek sighed. 

I just blinked at the scene in front of me, wondering how to weave myself into it without making it look awkward. Should I just laugh? No, then Baekhyun would say something stupid like, 'oh, you were here this whole time?' It was like the bond here was unbreakable and I didn't know what a stranger like me should've done. Yuri glanced over at me and sent a soft smile. "By the way, Miyeon, how old are you?" 

"Twenty. But I'm turning twenty-one in a few months." I answered. 

Yuri blinked. "What? You're older than me? Wow, I thought you were like, eighteen. Gosh, I just turned twenty a few weeks ago too." 

"What? God, you look so young though! I could've sworn I thought you were eighteen too!" 

Yuri laughed dryly. "I actually married Kris and came to the palace when I was 18. 'Twas a rough year for me. It's been so long since then." She sighed reminiscently. Kris glared at her playfully when he heard her. 

"Hey, it was all your fault anyways!" He pouted.

"Right." She replied, rolling her eyes.

"What happened?" I asked, cocking my head. 

"Hm? Oh, nothing really, just that me and Kris didn't really like each other when we were first married and fought a lot. But I guess it was just verbal fighting, so it wasn't that bad. Haha, I guess we really didn't like each other, now that I think of it. But you know, we didn't punch each other or anything so that's just great." Yuri shrugged amicably, as if this didn't phase her at all. Her statement, however, made me grateful that I didn't hate Baekhyun and want to throw knives at him. I sent him a glance, but instead of hearing Yuri's story, he was just chatting with Chanyeol happily, not listening to anyone except for the giant and those who approached him. 

"That's... different from what you guys are now." I commented softly, figuring out which words to use. 

"What do we look like we are?" Yuri asked curiously.

"Happy," I answered simply, studying her and Ace. 

"Really?" she asked cheerily, satisfied with my answer. "I don't know about that, I mean, I think we're just a normal family. Given that we're apart of the royal family, but normal nonetheless. You don't see it?" 

I tilted my head, gauging on what to say. Of course I thought of them as normal, it's just that they're not normal at the same time. Yuri must've noticed me hesitating because she smiled symphathetically at me and added, "If you take away all of our duties to maintain a country and our insane amount of money and luxuries, I'm sure you'll see the normalcy of us. Don't worry, it took me a while to adjust to this lifestyle as well."

"You weren't always comfortable with this lifestyle?" I asked curiously. 

"Not during my first year here. Oh my gosh, I had the worst time adjusting. There was so much drama here and there and I just wanted to fall in a hole. God, did I really screw things up. I even argued back against my poor mom," she sighed bitterly. "But all is okay now. At least, I think so."

"You didn't argue with your dad? I know I did... I guess."

Yuri hesitated before answering. "My dad passed away already. He didn't have to experience my rage; not like my mom did, anyways," she chuckled softly. 

"Oh... I'm so sorry to hear that, oh my, sorry for even asking," I apologized sincerely.

"No it's fine. It's not like you killed him," she answered with a soft voice and I felt bad instantaneously. 

"Anyways," I tried pushing the conversation to a lighter note. "If you weren't the Crown Princess, what would you be instead?" 

"I'm actually grateful for this position because I didn't think of what I wanted to be," she laughed. "But I'd probably go into business."

"Ah," I nodded. "Good choice."

"Do you have your own dream? A dream right now, besides being Byun Baekhyun's wife." Yuri joked playfully. 

I shrugged, shying away a bashful smile. "I guess just a person at the counter? I'm not sure," I scratched the back of my head with wonder. 

"Ah, I see. You don't have big dreams like being an idol or anything?" Yuri asked. I just shook my head. 

"Nothing really strikes me." I answered casually, shrugging slightly. Yuri just nodded. 

"Well, at least now, you have some sort of idea what you want to be?"

"Yeah, Mrs. Byun Miyeon," I joked. 

"Ah," Yuri nodded. "The luxury of being a housewife. I wish I could be one, but goodness, does being Crown Princess make you a busy person. I wish I had maternity leave my whole life." She groaned and shuddered at the thought of the stacks of official documents that she had to process. 

"Being Crown Princess sounds difficult," I frowned slightly. 

"It is, but it has its perks. Like a wonderful husband and eleven other dorky men revolving around your life. And not to mention the babies. The babies are always worth it. So many helpful staff members here and the food oh gosh. The chefs helped with my awful pregnancy cravings so much it's not even funny. They deserve like, a cake of appreciation or something." Yuri answered with a smile, before covering in embarrassment. "Oops, I've been rambling on, sorry about that."

"No, it's nice to know what you like about being Crown Princess," I replied warmly.

"It's all so great. I hope you do become apart of this—and I mean every part if this." Yuri grinned. Ace garbled in a whiny voice and she looked down at her son. "Kris—" She was about to ask for him, before she noticed that the guys had already left to go somewhere. Her eyes narrowed as she bounced Ace around.

"Leave it for the moment where he's actually of use to disappear." She sighed, kissing the baby boy's head.

"You need help?" I offered, but she shook her head.

"No, just have fun with Baek. Are you staying for dinner tonight? I would love it if you did." Yuri smiled and I thought about it, before nodding in confirmation.

"Yeah I'm staying."

"That's good. Now if you excuse me, Ace is getting slightly fussy. I have to feed him and give him his nap, so see you during dinner!"

"See you," I said, watching her go.  Wow, I didn't know the Crown Princess was actually that nice. I could really like a friend like her. I can't wait to knw her even better. 

 

-------------------

 

hey guys! Sorry for the late update ugh ;; but it's finally here! 

Aiya, what am I still doing awake though... It's already almost 2 am and I have to get ready for school in three hours. Sigh, the struggle. Well, see you next time! Don't forget to leave a comment! Thank you! ^^