Future

My Royal Romance II

10 years later

"Mom!" A loud, childish voice echoed through the hallway. Yuri peeked out from the library, and beamed when she saw Ace down the corridor, prancing around brightly. 

"Hi Ace!" She greeted warmly, cooing him to come over. 

"Daddy told me that Aunty Miyeon has a baby now," the 8 year old commented, as he climbed up into her arms and she nodded exuberantly.

"She's small, so you have to be careful with her when you see her, okay? And she likes to sleep a lot, so you can't be too loud," she instructed him carefully and Ace just nodded obediently, making a mental note to himself to lower his voice when he was around the baby.

"What's her name?" He whispered and Yuri giggled.

"Soohwa," she answered and Ace repeated the name quietly to himself.

"Mommy?" A small, female voice quietly rang throughout the room and Yuri glanced over to see Ace's six year old sister, Minji standing in front of them. "Where's Aunty?"

"She's resting with Soohwa, your cousin." She told her sweetly and Minji nodded slowly, taking it all in.

"You have to be quiet cause she's napping, so shh," Ace whispered, pressing his index finger to his lips and Minji 'ah'ed silently.

Yuri led them to Miyeon's room and opened the door, revealing an image of their aunt laying in bed tiredly, with a baby bundled up in her arms. "Hi Ace, hi Minji!" She greeted quietly and the two waved to say hello. They climbed up the bed and curiously peered at the face that was sleeping soundly. Intrigued, Minji reached forward to pat her cheek, but hesitated, before Miyeon smiled at her. "It's okay, just be careful. You don't want to hurt her or wake her up, do you?"

Minji shook her head and gently Soohwa's cheek, awed. "Mommy, she's so small!" She turned over, staring up at Yuri. Her mom just chuckled softly and nodded.

"That was you when you were smaller, you know?" 

"Will Soohwa grow up to be as big as me when she's six?" Minji asked curiously, and her eyes started to twinkle when she nodded. 

"That was me when I was little?" Ace mumbled to himself and Miyeon grinned. 

"It's all of us, even your daddy." She answered, making him gasp. 

"Daddy is so tall though!" 

"Yes, but he used to be small like this too!" Yuri answered exuberantly, smiling widely at the eight year old, whose lips were in the shape of an O as he glanced back at the tiny bundle in his aunt's arms. He stared at her silently, his gaze unwavering and Minji just awed at the young being in front of her. 

"I'm here to see my precious sugar puff baby and wife!" 

Miyeon sent him a glare as Baekhyun walked through the door loudly, hushing him. "You could've woken up the baby," she whispered, trying not to raise her voice. Baekhyun just rolled his eyes sassily and gave her a kiss on the forehead and carefully pecked Soohwa's forehead, and watched her for a moment before turning to greet Yuri and the kids. 

"Hey, I didn't know you were going to come visit today," he smiled over to Yuri, ruffling Ace's hair as his eyes were still fixed onto Soohwa. "You should've told me, so I would've brought Kris over too!" 

"I think Kris is busy right now," she laughed softly. "It's alright, but thanks anyways."

Baekhyun stared at her face and turned back to look at Miyeon, and suddenly, his stomach started flipping with glee. Every time he saw Yuri, he felt happy -- happy that he didn't like her anymore, of course. It took him realizing his love for Miyeon for him to know that he was over her and really, he was blessed this way. He didn't have to suffer watching her go to Kris and he didn't have to suffer those sleepless nights where he thought about what if, why this, and most importantly, he didn't have to suffer wondering if there'll be a day where she'll love him back the way he loved her. There was no doubt in his mind that he certainly loved her, but to compare the love he had for his wife, well it wouldn't even stand a chance. 

Miyeon gave him the chance to start over and he didn't have to think about unrequited loves anymore or having to think of dumb things he would've done to grab the attention of his significant other. He was grateful for her presence and without her, he wouldn't even know how to live. Sure, the past was rough and there were a lot of things that had happened between the pair, but now, their bond is as thick as blood and he was sure that no one could break it. 

He glanced down at his beautiful baby girl and wanted to squeeze her tight in his arms forever, whether she was 4 months or 40; he wanted to watch her grow into the beautiful young girl he knew she was going to be -- she does resemble her mother, afterall. "She truly is a gem," Baekhyun sighed happily, and Miyeon just giggled. 

"You should hold her," she suggested and that made Baekhyun's eyes widen like saucers. 

"Hold her?" 

"Yes. Hold her." 

"I don't want to, I'm scared." He mumbled. "What if I drop her?" 

"If you drop her, I will slay you," Miyeon narrowed her eyes at him, but softened. "Still, you should hold your daughter."

"Don't worry, Baekhyun, Kris was so scared to hold Ace and Minji at first, but now he babies them, even though they say they're too old for that stuff," Yuri laughed, following with the roll of her eyes and Ace protested about how he really was too old for that. 

"Well, Ace and Minji are literally like, full grown babies now." Baekhyun retorted and Yuri just stared at him. 

"It's a great feeling to hold your baby, now hold your baby. Unless if you're the baby," she stated, a smirk plastered on her face. Miyeon laughed at her statement and nodded wholeheartedly. 

"Please, baby?" Miyeon pleaded, jutting her bottom lip out and Baekhyun hesitated. There was no way he could resist her being cute like that. "Do it for the baby." 

"But I don't even know how to hold her..." he answered queasily, feeling his stomach flop nervously. 

"Don't worry, it'll be fine," Yuri comforted, "unless if the baby wakes up." 

Baekhyun sighed and stared at Miyeon sheepishly. "I don't know about this, yeobo..."

"If Kris and his gorilla hands can hold the baby, you can too." She encouraged, and Yuri tried stifling her laughter, but failing horribly. 

"Yah, Byun Miyeon, what did you say about my hands?" 

And as if he knew they were talking bad about him, he strided into the room and narrowing his eyes at her. He wrapped his arm around Yuri's waist and Miyeon just shrugged as if she didn't know what he was talking about. 

"I don't know. Don't ask me." She mumbled back at him and he just rolled his eyes. 

"Hi Ace, Minji," Kris turned to the kids, who were smiling up at him. 

"Daddy! Were you small like that one time? Mommy said you were!" Minji grinned, pointing at Soohwa.

"It's not polite to point, baby. And yeah, a long time ago though," he laughed. 

"Yeobo, make Baekhyun hold the baby," Yuri told him and he raised his brow. 

"What?" Kris asked and his wife explained the story to him, and he just nodded in understanding. 

"Baek, you should really hold your baby! It's great." He told the younger male and Baek just hissed. 

"I thought you would be on my side, loser." 

"Sorry?" Kris shrugged and Baekhyun just groaned. 

"Don't worry, you won't drop her!" Kris said reassuringly and Baekhyun glared at him. 

"And how do you know that?"

"Are you really going to let yourself drop your pride and joy?" Kris deadpanned and Baekhyun shyly shook his head. 

"Of course not." He answered. 

"Then you can do this." 

After series of him bickering back and forth with Kris, he finally caved and Miyeon grinned. "Thanks Kris," she smiled and he just nodded his head at her, before instructing Baekhyun how to correctly hold Soohwa, who woke up from all the commotion and luckily didn't scream her lungs out, making Miyeon happier than a dog with steak. 

"This is horrible," Baekhyun kept on muttering to himself, biting his lip in panic. 

"Don't lose faith," Miyeon laughed. "You can do this."

"If I can't, I'll be the worst." He said under his breath, and carefully placed Soohwa's head on the crook of his elbow. Kris kept on instructing him and fixing his posture and after a few minutes, Baekhyun froze and stood there, holding her in awe. She stared up at her dad and giggled cutely, mumbling baby lingo to herself. 

"You did it!" Miyeon scrambled out of the bed to approach him and stared down at her daughter with him. "Good job, baby." She smiled, before kissing his cheek. 

Kris, Yuri, Ace, and Minji just watched as Baekhyun gushed in the amazing feel of holding her. They were right. Holding his baby is the best feeling in the entire world and he didn't know why he didn't try it earlier. 

To him, this was his family and he wouldn't even trade it for the world.

-----------

Hi guys! Well, I guess the story is over now haha. I'm really going to miss it so much, oh my gosh. Thank you for staying with me, even though clearly, I don't do well with updates haha. I love you all!