Apology

My Royal Romance II

I fiddled with my thumbs nervously, laying in bed anxiously. Letting out a long sigh, I reached for my blanket, tugging at it reluctantly. After lashing out at Kris and Yuri last night, I ran off to my room and fell asleep, but the guilt got to my head, making me have a really weird nightmare. In it, Kris was a dinosaur and was chasing me (and it was worse because I was a pig in that dream), and he was slowly catching up until he snatched me up and I woke up with cold sweat chilling my skin.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my arms, yawning widely, turning my head to check the clock. It was about 9:37 A.M. and that the pair were probably awake by now. Groaning, I checked my phone to see if Miyeon had talked to me, but there was nothing at all, which added to my rising disappointment. Sighing again, I just climbed out of bed, slipping my feet through my blue bunny slippers and shuffling across the room to the bathroom to wash up. I brushed my teeth lazily, a million thoughts swirling around my head as to how I should apologize to them.

Should I just say sorry normally to them or should I offer them like cake? I can't bake a cake, but I'm pretty good at apologizing properly. But what if they don't even forgive me? Ahh, life is hard, I'm probably just overthinking this stuff. I should just say sorry and get it over with! After all of that thinking, I stood up to gargle some water and washed my face with a cleanser twice. Drying my face, I sighed and walked out, reaching for the doorknob and twisting it open.

I stared at the hallway hesitantly, before shutting the door and biting my lip. I should at least look decent for this, huh? Trotting towards my closet, I poked my head inside and picked out a navy T-shirt and black jeans, tossing on a few bracelets onto my wrist. Okay, I told myself in the mirror. I'm presentable, I can do this.

After getting properly dressed, I found the confidence to actually go out and face Kris and Yuri like a man. I walked out of my room, shutting the door behind me, and gulping, before pacing around the hallways with worry. Where were they? They couldn't be somewhere I don't know, I've practically been through the whole palace! 

I stopped by their rooms first, but after knocking on their doors five times, I deemed that they weren't there. Maybe they went out for a walk with Ace? I entered the garden, and walked through the fields of flowers and through the pathways that blossomed large trees.

"Yuri! Kris! Ace! Are you guys here?" I called out loudly. Again, no one replied, so I decided to go to the kitchen to grab a bite before continuing my hunt. I sauntered over there and grabbed some bread, slathering jelly on it and shoving it into my mouth. After having about five slices, I put the bread away and walked out, scanning the hall with a sharp eye.

"Yuri? Kris? Ace?" I called out throughout the halls and there was no answer. Sighing, I continued my search, roaming around, until I spotted Chen at the corner. 

"Chen!" 

He turned to face me and smirked like usual. "Hi Baek!" 

"Have you seen Yuri and Kris?" I asked, catching up to him. 

"No? Why? Did you get in trouble with them?" He laughed, patting my shoulder.

"No," I slightly frowned at him. "So you definitely haven't seen them?" 

"How should I know where they are? Go ask Tao, he's probably tagging along with Kris and following them or something?" Chen shrugged, rolling his eyes. 

"Where is he?" 

"Am I supposed to know that?" Chen muttered sarcastically, rolling his eyes again. 

"Yes." 

"Who knows, maybe he's online shopping right now or maybe he's in his room or maybe he's wushuing the hell out of something, who knows?" He sighed, shaking his head playfully. 

"Yeah okay thanks for being super helpful," I mumbled, just as sarcastically back to him.

"Well I'm glad to be a help, Mr. Byun Baekhyunnie," Chen replied cheekily and strode away.

Well okay, I'll just forget everything he said about Tao or whatever and I'll just keep going my way. I turned corners and peeked into different rooms, and I even asked a few maids who said they haven't seen Kris and Yuri yet. Do they know I'm coming for them and they can feel my presence so they're just avoiding me? Where are those nerds, huh?!

After what felt like hours, I walked into a random office, wanting to do some work, where I found Yuri there, typing away on the computer. That's where she's been all day?! 

"Oh, hi Baek!" She smiled brightly as she noticed me walk through the door. 

"Uh, hi," I waved awkwardly, closing my gaping jaw. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked, pushing aside papers and patting the opposite end of her desk gently. I blinked, hesitantly walking towards her, wondering if she was still upset with me. 

"N-nothing, I just wanted to get some things done. You?" 

"Same," she laughed, and rubbed her eyes. "Did you need something though?" 

"Uh no- actually where's Kris?" I asked nervously. 

"Kris? I think he's getting some tea or taking Ace out or maybe he's brushing his hair, I don't know," Yuri shrugged. 

"Oh, is he coming back soon?" 

"Maybe," she answered with a sigh, falling back into her chair. 

"Are you done with your work?" 

"Ah, no, did you need it?" 

"No," I shook my head. "You look tired." 

"Only a little bit," Yuri smiled and I froze at the sound of a hard knock. 

"I'm here." 

I turned my head at the knock and saw Kris glaring at me darkly, striding into the room. "Hi Baek," he said, eyeing me. "What're you doing here?" 

"N-nothing. I just wanted to get some work done." 

"Ah," was all he said, and he just walked away, leaning over to kiss the top of Yuri's head. She pretended to gag when he kissed her and he just laughed, making me feel even more awkward and tense than I should be. Watching two lovebirds on TV is cute, but watching two lovebirds in real life makes me want to throw up, jeez. 

"Act-actually," I spoke up and the two looked up at me. Yuri's gaze was warm, but looking at Kris made me freeze up inside. Just remember that he's a nerdy weirdo, Byun Baekhyun, just remember that his dragon drawing looks like a potato. I took a deep breath before going on. "I just really wanted to saysorryforlastnightsorrysorrysorrysorry." I started off slowly, but when I got to the sorries, I was just a jumbling mess. 

Kris stared at me in confusion, his brows furrowed. "What?" 

"I'm uh sorry. For last night," I repeated in a more timid voice. 

"Last night? Oh, oh yeah huh." Yuri nodded, remembering what happened. "Don't worry about it Baek, it's cool. We didn't take it personally." 

"I did!" Kris whined and she just shushed him. 

"Don't listen to him, he's a nerd anyways," she rolled her eyes and smiled comfortingly, while he shot her a glare. 

"Well, sorry anyways," I mumbled awkwardly, staring at my feet. 

"I already said it's fine, Byun Baekhyun, don't worry about it," she laughed and I nodded. "We have bad days anyways."

"More like bad weeks," I muttered under my breath. 

"Hey, you're being negative," she shot me a look, hearing what I said. 

"I am not!" I answered indignantly, and Yuri just grinned back at me. 

"Are you having problems with Miyeon?" Kris asked suddenly and I stared up at him for a moment, remembering that he was still here. 

"Uhh...?" 

"I'll take it as a yes, okay then." He nodded and I pursed my lips, glaring at him. 

"Boo, you should resolve your problems, then," Yuri pouted and I chuckled sheepishly. 

"Yeah I should," 

"What are you guys even fighting about? I'm sure it can be fixed with an apology and a 'I love you more than my face,'" she nodded expertisely and I grinned softly, shuffling my feet on the ground. 

"Maybe?" I sighed, groaning. "She's being difficult I guess because I used to like this one girl that I don't anymore and she's jealous now and she won't talk to me."

Kris raised a brow and I nervously looked up at him. He knows it's Yuri isn't it oh my God what if he beats me up after this for bringing it back hoooly cow, it was a nice life. 

"You should go to her house then?" He suggested, taking me by surprise. 

"I actually don't really remember where she lives," I answered with a small chuckle. 

"Byun Baekhyun, how do you not know where she lives?" Yuri criticized and I just scrunched my nose up in response. "You're lucky I asked for her address when she came over." 

"You did?!" I bounced up excitedly, not even caring that I looked like an idiot. 

"Yeah." 

"Can I have it?!" I grinned widely, practically screaming inside.

"Oh sorry I lost it," she answered after a second and I felt all hope get crushed in my soul. 

"Wow okay, you tease." I harrumped, crossing my arms indignantly. Yuri just laughed and went back to her computer, clicking her mouse. "I see, now you're just going to ignore the Byun Baekhyun okay then." 

"Don't worry about me, I just want to apologize to my fiance." I added, watching her write something down with a pen before crumbling it up into a ball and throwing it at my face. 

"Shut up, nerd, you should be finding a way to apologize to your fiance properly, jeez. By the way, don't visit her today. You should wait it out until she's willing to talk." She rolled her eyes and I stared at her in shock, absorbing what just happened. She really has her address? She really wrote it down? She really threw it at my precious face?

"Hey, don't you call me a nerd, you nerd, at least make it into a paper airplane before throwing it at me! And I shouldn't apologize now?" I pointed out loudly, annoyed, bending down to snatch it up.

"Let her calm down because if you don't you're dead," Yuri giggled and I frowned. 

"I've waited for so long though, I don't want to wait anymore!" I complained. 

"Well if you want to die, I guess so." She answered, making me frown even more. 

"Hey, don't you an apology to be thinking of right now?" Kris replied, and I gasped in realization before opening up the ball and smoothening it out carefully, making sure that the ink didn't smudge. I almost squealed with happiness when I saw that it was written down clearly and quickly thanked Yuri a million times.

"No problem," she laughed. "By the way, we haven't hung out in forever. We should do something one day!"

"Yeah, yeah, of course we will, don't worry about it," I said in one breath and raced out the door with a loud goodbye. They just stood there, watching me leave, before Kris started to whine.

"Hey, I don't want you to be alone with him!" He complained.

"Who said I was gonna be alone with him?" Yuri answered quirkily, going back to the computer to actually do her work.

"So I get to come?"

"No way!"

"Who are you going with then?!" Kris whined loudly.

"You should've known I was kidding when I said I was gonna get someone to come," she laughed and Kris whimpered.

"But I don't want you to go alone with him!"

"Don't worry I'll be fine!"

"What if you fall madly in love with him and you ditch me!?" He argued loudly, shaking her shoulders.

"K-K-Kris," she stuttered as he shook her wildly.

"Yes?" He stopped moving her around and Yuri rolled her eyes before looking up at him.

"You know you're my husband right? And we have a kid?"

"Oh, oh yeah we do huh."

"And you should know that I love you," she laughed and he nodded.

"Oh, oh yeah I do huh." Kris answered and chuckled, dipping down to kiss her forehead.

--------------

ughhh shortish chapter?? anyways i accidentally marked it complete when it wasn't so sorry about that HAHAA /dumb author here sorry/ 

anyways I hope you guys liked this chapter idk I think I have writer's block now /sighs/ but I'll try to update this soon since I want to finish this story before school starts and I die again for a year hAHAH anyways have a nice day!