Call

My Royal Romance II

Baekhyun stared at his cellphone intensely, his thumb hovering over the 'call' button hesitantly. Should he call now or no? What if she's just going to ignore his calls? Was Miyeon still even angry at him? Of course she has to be, it's only been an hour since the whole incident happened. He his lips hesitantly, before pressing the green button, which led him to a calling screen. Miyeon's nickname, waifuuu, was boldly shining at Baekhyun, as he knawed his lips in guilt. Please answer, he begged silently, placing the phone to his ears.

It rang and rang until it came to the familiar answering machine. "The caller is unavailable at this time. Please lea--" 

Baekhyun ended the call, and repeatedly tried calling Miyeon until he noticed that it was getting close to midnight and he was sure that Miyeon was probably sleeping when it started getting late. He just sighed and placed his almost-dead phone into his jean pockets, biting his raw lips nervously. He could try again tomorrow right?

Although he said that to himself, he stood in the shower, brushing through the clumps of wet hair with a mountain of thoughts in his mind. Maybe she just turned off her phone for a while? Or maybe her phone died? Perhaps she put it on silent and when he called, the phone didn't even vibrate at all? Baekhyun stood there, stumped, as he wondered what to do. 

Slipping out of the bathroom ten minutes later, he ruffled the towel through his hair, drying it as he checked on his charging phone. There was nothing in the world that could hide his disappointment when he didn't see any texts or calls from Miyeon, only texts from dumb Chanyeol trying to show off his fiance. Sighing, Baekhyun fell on his bed and stared at the screen intensely, as if a text or something would just magically appear. 

After a moment, there was still nothing and his eyes were burning as if someone shot a fireball into his eyeballs. Sighing, he unlocked his phone, gave a short reply to Chanyeol's texts, and went back to the familiar contacts list. Miyeon's name was the first to show up and Baekhyun bit the inside of his mouth as he hesitantly pressed the call button again, dragging the phone back to his ears. 

 

Vrr, vrr.

I woke up from my nap as the phone vibrated my pillow. Wiping the drool from my lips, I checked the caller before scowling. Baekhyun's name in my phone, super idiot, shone at me brightly in the dimly lighted room and I hesitated to answer. My phone stopped vibrating a second later and I let out a breath of relief, until I felt it vibrate again.

Should I answer? Yes? No? Maybe?

Or should I just turn my phone off? I was still kind of mad at Baek though? A million questions rose in my head, as I stared back at my phone, which had about ten percent left. Lazily, I rolled off the bed and grabbed the charger, plugging it into the phone. It kep on vibrating as Baekhyun kept calling and I groaned loudly to myself.

If I go read a book, maybe he'll go away, I thought. I pulled out one of my favorite fictional books, and started from the beginning, staring at the glorious words that were woven with other glorious words, making me stare at the page with such intensity, my eyes would probably burn the pages. However, as I got more and more to the , all I could hear was a constant vrr, vrr in the background and I was seriously about to scream at Baekhyun for interrupting the best time of my life.  

Making my way towards the phone, I grabbed it and angrily pressed the answer button, hissing "What do you want?" immediately. I could hear Baekhyun squeaking in surprise, as he mumbled a shy hello. 

"Hi Baek. Hi." I replied, wanting to bash my head into a wall. 

"Are you okay?" 

"Nope." 

"Are you still mad?" 

"I guess." 

"You guess?" 

I was starting to get more and more irritated at him and this call. "Why do you keep on calling me?" I asked, rolling my eyes. 

"Because I wanted to settle things." He answered firmly. 

"What's there to settle?"

"The whole Yuri and me misunderstanding." 

"Baek, I just want a moment of peace and quiet while I'm reading and you're not giving me that peace and quiet and why did you call me nonstop?!" I hissed at him, sighing. 

"Sorry..." he whimpered, sounding like a puppy. I just shook my head and groaned, trying to resist the cuteness and instead, focus on how I was still mad at his dumb . "I was just worried!"

"Baekhyun, I'm still upset you know?" I replied seriously. Baekhyun went quiet for a second before opening his mouth again.

"I just want to talk." He mumbled.  

"About what?" 

"Well you know I used to like Yuri!" 

Oh my gosh, this kid. What was he even saying? Is he trying to seriously peeve me off again? I interrupted him and snarkily replied, "You know what Baekhyun, get yourself together first before even starting to say something to me!" 

"Wh-what?" He stuttered nervously. 

"I'm telling you to think about this before talking to me because you sound like a jumbled mess now and I'm still mad at you and I don't want to talk to you right now!" I hissed, before pressing the end button. It took a second for me to process everything but I groaned in annoyance, that wasn't directed towards Baek, but towards me. Did I really act like that to him? It's like I'm on my period, ugh. 

I stared at my phone screen, biting my lip anxiously. I should really call him back and apologize, but what if Baekhyun got mad at me? Sitting there, I gnawed at my lip and nails, debating endlessly to myself whether I should call him or not. After I noticed how late it became, I just sighed and put my phone away, uneasily going back to reading my book. 

 

Baekhyun stared at his phone limply, his jaw dropping very close to the ground. What did Miyeon just say to him?! She hung up on him?! What the heck? Baekhyun was in that position for the next few hours, or rather it seemed to be a few hours, before rubbing his face tiredly. Maybe he just needed to sleep and then everything will be fine tomorrow, if he just believes. Yeah, that's right. He just needed sleep. 

Baekhyun stood up unenthusiastically and grabbed his phone before going into his room to get ready to go to bed. Once he slipped under the covers, he shut his eyes and prayed that everything would be better soon.

 

---------------------------------

ayyy short update but I hope you guys liked it?? I'll try to update the next chapter quickly! ^^ have a nice night!