Marriage

My Royal Romance II

I held in a deep breath, as I slipped into my wedding dress, which was a sleeveless, lacy sweetheart neckline dress that draped across the ground. I groaned  silently as I saw how long it was and hoped I don't trip over it later because I will literally trip over anything when I'm nervous. 

Today was officially the day that I would get married to Byun Baekhyun and instead of being Lee Miyeon, I'll be Byun Miyeon instead. It feels so weird to be changing my name, but at the same time, it feels so amazing and oddly great to be able to be connected to Baekhyun through our names. Okay, enough of that cheesy business, you're just being lame now. 

"Sis! I can't believe you're gonna be a married woman!" Seoyeon suddenly burst through the door with a loud slam, with my mother tailing behind with embarrassment. 

"Seoyeon, you give me secondhand embarrassment, do you know that?" She mumbled, rubbing her temples in shame, as she shut the door behind her, but Seoyeon just ignored her and skipped towards me, staring up and down at my image. 

"I love the dress, but you need to cover your face. You're so gross," she joked, making me punch her arm playfully. 

"Speaking of dresses, isn't that dress mine?" I raised an eyebrow as I stared at her mint green ensemble, and Seoyeon chuckled sheepishly.

"How did you know?" She replied teasingly, and I just rolled my eyes. "By the way, do you see the guys here?! They're hoooot!" 

"Too bad they're technically all taken," I answered with a laugh and she frowned, pursing her lips. 

"And how do you know I'm talking about those fine, fine, fine nerds?" 

"Who doesn't think they're hot?" 

"True." Seoyeon nodded expertisely. 

"Is there anyone else you have your eye on?" I giggled, sitting down, so that my makeup artist could do her job. 

"Yes, oh God, I think he's like this butler dude and he has the best hair and his eyes are so cute and he's so tall and he was next to this kid with blonde hair and oh God I'm literally about to die." She said in a single breath, and I just chuckled at her.

"I think that's someone that wouldn't be interested in a banana head like you," I laughed and she furrowed her brows at me. 

"Shut up, you're the one getting married to an idiot. Anyways, you better hook me up with him!" She countered and the makeup artist stifled a laugh as she pat blush onto my cheeks dabbed on the final touches. I rolled my eyes and fiddled with my newly manicured fingers, as my mother ran her lithe fingers through my hair that was waiting to be done. 

"You look beautiful," she mumbled breathlessly, parting locks of my hair carefully. 

"Thank you," I whispered back with a large grin on my face. I stared at her through the mirror and she looked up to gaze back at me, her brown eyes glowing with age. "I'm going to miss you. A lot." I added blushfully, smiling sheepishly. 

"You can always come back home anytime," my mother replied casually, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and neck. 

"Haha, only if time permits. I'm sure Baekhyun would love to come over with me someday though. You could always come live at the palace too. There's enough room for all of you, and you don't even have to do anything. I'll take care of everything for you." I suggested, staring back at her from my peripherals curiously. 

She laughed. 

"Seoyeon still needs to go to school and the house is closer to there. I'll consider moving out when Seoyeon graduates, but the house is cozy. I'm not sure I'm even meant for palace life anyways." 

"No one is at first, but you get used to it," I answered with a small pout. My mom flicked my cheek and sighed. 

"Don't make that kind of face on your wedding day or else your baby will end up like that!" She warned playfully and I groaned. 

"Mom! Don't jinx my baby like that!" 

"I won't, I won't. I'm sure it'll turn out just fine though, since you and Baekhyun have good genes. Anyways, are his parents here today?" My mom asked curiously, glancing around, as if they were inside the room. 

"Ah, Baekhyun told me he wasn't on good terms with them, so they're probably not going to appear today. But I hope they do," I sighed, but thought about how chaotic it would be if they showed up, and took back my words, "or not, maybe Baekhyun wouldn't be happy with them there. I don't know, they probably won't come anyways." 

"You never know, parents are fickle people. Maybe they just might show up out of nowhere - although it is unfortunate that Baekhyun and them aren't on quite so good terms," She sighed, but poised herself, and smiled. "It's alright though. The two of you just need to enjoy your wedding day okay?" 

I nodded and my mom grinned, patting my head, before heading out, wondering where Seoyeon ran off to. The hair stylist started working on my hair a moment later, combing out the tangles and braiding it into an updo. "You look beautiful," she cooed, working on a lock of hair. 

"I'm sure there are brides more beautiful than me," I laughed and she shook her head. 

"All brides are beautiful, there's not a bride more beautiful than the other." She insisted, her eyes shining brightly from her declaration. 

"I'm sure you're right," I smiled back at her, and she nodded firmly, before going back to do my hair. She conversed with me for a while, until she finished up with my hair. 

"Have a wonderful day, okay?" The hairstylist mumbled as she glanced at the updo once more. 

"Of course I will." I promised with a grin and she nodded happily, before walking out the room. Staring back at myself in the mirror, I sighed and closed my eyes as I took in the fact that this was indeed my last moment of being somewhat single. After this day, I will be known as Byun Miyeon and I will be a married woman. It was weird to take in in the beginning, but now that I'm closer to it actually happening, it feels so surreal and amazing and I really can't believe that I was blessed enough to have met Baekhyun and to be able to fall in love with his stupid, yet cute personality. Blinking my eyes back open, I stared at myself in the mirror and tightened my hands, before grabbing my vows and sticking it inside my bouquet.

By this time, I could hear the buzz of people from the room, snacking and lounging around. I could imagine Seoyeon attempting to flirt (very badly) with that guy she was talking about and I could envision my parents sitting together, trying to keep themselves strong from the bundles of hormones they felt from this ordeal. Baekhyun was probably screaming at someone from all the tension of being the groom and that Chanyeol is probably going to sock his best friend in the face for being so uptight. Ace was probably clinging onto Kris' leg, afraid of all the strangers in one room, but Minji is probably bubbling with cuteness as she stayed in her mother's arms. 

And I, well I am just about to cry from this experience, all of these nerves getting to me. It hasn't hit me yet that I'll be married and it probably won't hit me until later tonight, but I'm so excited and really, it's like there's a rock in my chest, making it hard for me to breath. My stomach felt like it was rising with nervousness, and I tried to keep a calm display. 

"Hey," Yuri peeked in with Minji tagging along, "the wedding is starting. You should get ready for the big moment!"

"Thank you," I replied, my voice cracking.

"Are you okay?" She smiled warmly and I let out a long sigh, feeling the hormones hit me.

"I'm good. Just nervous. And happy. And very very scared." I replied with a groan. 

"You could let it all right now. You still have some time," Yuri answered and I just shook my head. 

"No I'm good, I'm good. I'm reaaal good." I muttered back, trying to convince myself that I was really fine with everything.

"That's really great. Keep up the good work," she grinned, before disappearing out the door, and I was left with myself, just staring back at myself in the mirror again. You can do this, Miyeon, you're good. You're fine. You're great. Don't cry, it'll be okay.

My dad slipped inside and smiled proudly at me, patting my hand gently. "Are you ready?" He whispered to me and I just nodded, biting my lip with a sheepish smile. "I'm so proud of you." 

"That's not what you said when I got a C on that calc test that one time," I laughed jokingly, and he rolled his eyes. 

"Well that was because it was then," he mumbled in excuse and I was the one to roll my eyes this time.

"Right," I grinned, and he shook his head before beaming back. 

The bridesmaid started to gather inside and Minji and Ace waddled in cutely, her grabbing the flower basket and him grabbing the ring and pillow delicately. Yuri watched them carefully, as the groomsmen sauntered in. Kris sat next to Yuri and kissed her forehead sweetly, and the boys groaned at them, before the giant rolled his eyes. 

"You look great, Yuri." Jongin commented sweetly, and I grinned at him. 

"So do you," I answered back. 

"Are you ready?" Fei asked, stuttering a bit with her Korean. 

"Yes, I'm ready," I laughed, and she beamed brightly. 

The music started to play and I held my breath for a second at how sudden that was. Is it really beginning? 

"Good luck," Yuri whispered to me, as she got ready to walk down the aisle with her family. I nodded back at her, and watched as the bridesmaids and groomsmen exited the room, leaving me and my father alone in the room in the end. 

"Are you sure you're ready?" He asked quietly, taking my arm. 

I took a deep breath before replying, "Yes." 

"You look great. It's hard to believe you're finally getting married." He commented warmly, a bright smile on his face.

"Dad please, you're going to make me cry." I sniffled a bit and he chuckled, before patting my head comfortingly. 

"If you cry, I think Baekhyun will never let you see me." He warned playfully and I sighed, rolling my eyes. 

"Don't be silly, I think I'd probably appreciate seeing you more than Baekhyun anyways," I joked and he laughed.

"But really, you'll do fine after this okay? I love you and I hope you two are very very very happy together." My father grinned widely, giving me one last hug before leading me out the door. 

I stared up at the aisle, though my lace veil, and saw Baekhyun standing at the end, smiling proudly at me, with his chest puffed up happily. I saw my mother sitting in the front, staring at me adoringly and Seoyeon giving me the stink eye for a second, before breaking out into a large beam. As I looked back up, Yuri and Fei glanced over with bright gazes and the princes grinned cheekily over at Baekhyun, eyeing him with a little eyebrow raise at the end. Rolling my eyes, I just walked with my father down the pathway until we reached the end, where he let go and sat next to my mother endearingly. And in this very moment, I realized that, yes, I am ready for marriage and yes, I'm very ready for this moment and I don't know where I would be without all these people in my life, but it certainly wouldn't be as amazing without them. 

Especially Baekhyun. 

The officiant recited his part and asked us if we had any vows we had to share. Baekhyun's hand immediately shot to his pocket and he grabbed a piece of paper, unravelling it and clearing his throat loudly. 

"Lee Miyeon, I'm not quite sure how I walked the path of falling in love with you, but I'm sure that I know that in my heart, you're sitting in there, and even though we've been through a lot in the past few months, I just want you to know that you're my greatest friend, best partner in crime, and a very loyal lover. I'm blessed to have met you and I am honored to be your husband. Thank you for letting me have the chance to get to know you and your bubbly personality and thank you for letting me into your heart. I love you." He spoke loudly, and I wanted to burst out crying, but I bit my lip to keep myself from looking like a complete mess. 

I took out my vows from my bouquet and took a deep breath before opening it up and starting to read it aloud. 

"Byun Baekhyun. What do I say about you? You're a true mate, a honest friend, and most importantly, my precious lover. You're also my one and only, my other half, and although we haven't been together for years, I'm sure the time we've spent together is just right. I can't imagine my life without you and when I try, I can only see myself as a shell without your presence. To spend the rest of my life with you would not only be a blessing, but it would be a dream, a wish, and pure luck. Thank you for patiently loving me while I attacked you and persecuted you and harrassed you over the tiny details and thank you for holding my hand, even when the light doesn't shine too brightly at us at times. Our past may have been bleak, but hopefully, we can start over and our future may be a golden seed, waiting to sprout. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say to you, but I'm definitely sure that I really do love you and I would be honored to spend the rest of my life enjoying it with you. I love you." I read, choking up at the last few words. 

Baekhyun sent me a comforting smile, as he wrapped his hand over mine warmly. 

The pastor went on to talk, before finally getting to the vows. 

"Byun Baekhyun, do you take Lee Miyeon to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?" 

"I do." 

"Lee Miyeon, do you take Byun Baekhyun to be your wedded husband, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?" 

"I do."

"Then you may now kiss the bride," he declared and Baekhyun sheepishly smiled, before pulling me over for a kiss. The crowd cheered as we pulled back, and I beamed up at him, hugging him tight. 

"I love you." I whispered at him and he rumbled a small chuckle. 

"I love you too." 

 

After the vows were made, I tossed the bouquet (which Seoyeon caught and cried happily about), and we headed to the banquet hall, feasting on all the food the chefs had prepared for us. Baekhyun and I cut the cake like a generic wedded couple and in the end, we ended up having a lot of fun. It was the dream wedding I've wanted since I was eight and it was a miracle it could've actually happened. 

It goes to show that dreams really do come true.