Truth

My Royal Romance II

I laid in bed all morning, my mind all caught up with the whole Baek thing. Was it even healthy to think about it this much? It's normal to worry about your fiance and his former crushes, right? Oh gosh, this was too much to process for my pea-sized brain. 

Pressing my face against the plush, cotton quilt that wrapped around my body like a cocoon, I let out a loud sigh, shutting my eyes lightly. I swear, if that very very cute boy still has a crush on her, I will definitely flip. She's married and committed, like come on Baekhyun! Do you really have to have a crush on someone that's married? Wait wait wait, I have to have faith in my future husband! Of course he's over her, he has me! I mean, Yuri has looks, but I can make a grilled cheese sandwich that will send you to Mars, okay. My thoughts were interrupted as Seoyeon slammed the door open, and jumped on top of me, making me grunt. 

"Unni!" She greeted eagerly, ruffling my hair roughly. 

"Yes, hi, hello?" I mumbled, groaning from underneath her , which was currently squeezing the life out of my face. "Do you need something from me? Hey, get off!" Pushing her off, she just sent me a glare, before opening to say something.

"How was the visit to your fiance?" She asked, doing that awful eyebrow wiggle when she mentioned the word 'fiance.' "Were things good? Did you see his friends? Are they hot?"

"Uhh sure?" I replied, a little dazed at the bombard of questions she threw at me.

"Tell me everything that happened and I seriously mean everything!" Seoyeon demanded, her eyes gleaming mischievously. 

"Do I have to?" I asked, sitting up.

"Yes, you do!" 

I told her basically everything that had happened during the dinner and what had occurred in the living room, and I even told her the details about how Baekhyun used to have a thing for Yuri and how I'm pretty sure that the doghead still has a crush on her. Seoyeon's jaw dropped at that detail and she shook her head in shame. 

"He's a boy, don't worry unni. They're just really dumb. I mean, you may not be the Crown Princess, but you're still pretty hot, and if he can't see that, he's not allowed to marry you. I won't allow it," she said firmly, crossing her arms in resolve. "And if he dares to leave you for her, I'll make sure to secretly dye his hair a permanent hot pink!"

"And how do you plan to do that?" I laughed. 

"Well I mean, I could always tie him up for a few hours," she shrugged dismissively, dramatically flipping her hair.

"No thanks," I chuckled. "I can't let you get arrested for dyeing his hair hot pink." 

"Just imagine him with that kind of hair though," Seoyeon glanced up at the ceiling in wonder, then cringed. "I take that back, I'm 200% sure he would look awful."

I tried suppressing a smile, but it kind of failed after I saw how much in thought Seoyeon was about Baekhyun having that kind of hair color. "It's okay, I definitely will not let him do that," I said reassuringly, patting her head. "Anyways, I have another date with him at the palace again later today, so I'll start getting ready okay?" 

"Alright," Seoyeon nodded obediently. "You better show him how hot you can really be. That means that you definitely cannot wear your old man sweatpants! Do you hear me, Lee Miyeon?! You absolutely cannot wear those sweatpants, those are an abomination of fashion and I am not letting you wear them!"

"Just to spite you, I'll wear them," I answered, already walking into my closet and searching for an old pair of bright green sweatpants that reached down to my knees.

"No no no! I am taking this out of your possession. I don't even know why you still have these. Scratch that, I don't even know why you bought them in the first place." Seoyeon snatched the article of clothing out of my hands and scrunched up her face as she stared at it intensely, judging basically everything about it.

"I wasn't the one that bought them remember? It was dad, so don't judge me for having something like this." I answered, grabbing it and stuffing it back into my closet. "What should I wear though?" 

Seoyeon was the expert at fashion, as she was studying the subject, and she pushed me aside playfully, going through the insides of my closet. Her hands pushed past shirts that hung on plastic pink hangers, as she eyed them. She threw some dark navy shorts at me that were just a tad bit too short, but was high waisted and a plain white shirt that hung loosely around my body. Then she glanced over at me, and placed a necklace and bracelets in my hands. "Wear these sandals too," she said, grabbing a pair of brown sandals with a strap that went around my ankle. "Oh and add this." Seoyeon handed me a red plaid shirt and I nodded obediently. When it comes to fashion, she's my go-to person and I'm a billion percent sure that her decisions are always the best.  

I nodded and quickly changed into the plain, yet somewhat stylish outfit. Wrapping the plaid shirt around my waist, I stared at myself in the mirror, wondering if the shorts were actually too short, but those thoughts were pushed to the back of my head, as Seoyeon glanced over at me and squealed in happiness. 

"You look great! Now go wow your man and make him yours!" She cheered, pushing me out of my bedroom door, and trying to shove me out the front door. 

"Wait, but I have an  hour left-" My pleas were left unanswered, as she just slammed the door in my face, and I rolled my eyes. Well okay, I guess I'll just be an hour early then. I approached my car, and started it, driving to the palace. It took about twenty minutes to get there, and I was met at the gate by security guards, who let me in after glancing at who I was. I nodded at them in acknowledgement, and they just bowed back. I assumed it was safe to park my car in the garage, so I just got out and locked it, tossing my keys in my black purse. 

Walking inside from the back, I saw Sehun, who had just stepped outside of a room, with a stack of papers in his hand. He stared at me in surprise, and waved, smiling brightly. "Miyeon? What are you going here? I thought you were going to be here in-" he paused to check the very expensive looking watch on his wrist, "-like thirty minutes? Well that's what Baek told me, at least." 

"Haha yeah, well my sister forced me out the door an hour early." I replied shyly, scratching the nape of my neck embarrassedly. Sehun just sent a dazzling smile my way and tilted his head. 

"Are you looking for Baek? I'm pretty sure he's in his office. Do you know where that is?" he asked and chuckled when I shook my head. "Okay, I'll take you there then. Follow me!" Sehun walked up a few stairwells with me chasing close behind. Oh my gosh, why are there so many stairs, what the heck, it's like they're demanding me to work out right now. Finally, we stopped at the end of a hallway, facing a large wooden door that paralleled each other, looming over me and Sehun.

"This is his office," he said, gesturing to the doors. "I don't think he's that busy right now."

"Oh okay, thank you for bringing me here," I answered with a bright smile, pressing my palm against the door. Sehun just nodded at me and grinned back, before walking away.

"Yes?" I heard Baekhyun's voice through the door, and opened it, poking my head through first to see him sitting at his desk, which was scattered with papers everywhere. He had a pen in one hand and the other was in his messily ruffled hair. Once he saw me, he dropped everything and stood up, his lips forming into a wide smile. "Yuri! You're here early! I thought you were gonna be here in thirty minutes?" He asked, making his way towards me, grabbing my hand.

"My sister pushed me through the door and made me leave an hour early," I rolled my eyes as I explained what had happened. Baekhyun just laughed cutely and sat me down on the couches that were placed near the door.

"How are you?" He asked with a happy grin on his face.

"I've been good," I answered, smiling  back at him. "You?"

"Really great because I've wanted to see you all day," Baekhyun answered shyly, his cheeks turning into a bright, bright red. I laughed at his cheesy sentence and covered half of my face in awkwardness. "Do you want some tea?" I nodded eagerly and Baekhyun called a butler into the room and asked for some green tea. The butler nodded his head to show that he heard and exited the room. We sat there in an awkward silence for a minute before Baekhyun started up a new conversation.

"The weather has been nice huh?" He glanced outside the wide windows, which were partially covered with thick, red curtains. The sunlight glared through the panes and shone brightly.  

"Yeah. This summer has been pretty hot though." I answered, scrunching my nose as I remembered how hot it has been recently. Baekhyun just glanced over at me and ruffled my hair, messing it up. 

"Hey!" I groaned, trying to swat his hand away. He just chuckled and pat my head one more time, and left me to fix my hair. The butler came back with a tray filled with two teacups full of steaming tea. He stared at me, surprised at how messy I've gotten in such a short time, but he didn't say anything about it, as he placed the cups on the table. 

"Please enjoy. It's very hot. Please call me if you want anything else, I'll just be outside, so don't hesitate to say something." He said, before leaving the room. 

I picked up a cup and blew at it for a while, before sipping it carefully. Just as the butler had said, it was indeed very hot. I glanced over to Baek and chuckled, as I saw the face he was making. "Did you burn yourself?" I laughed. 

"No, why would you think that?" He scoffed, pretending that he didn't scald himself.

"Because you're making a really ugly face right now," I answered back, trying to suppress a smile.

"Ugly?! I'm not ugly!" He proclaimed loudly, setting his tea on the table.

"Whatever you say," I giggled, sipping some more tea. Baekhyun just narrowed his eyes at me and sat back down on the couch, his lips jutted out into a cute pout.

"What if I did burn myself though?" He asked out of nowhere.

"What? Well I guess I would just try to take care of your burn and make sure you don't overwork yourself. And then I would so not let anything touch your burn." I replied, after thinking for a moment.

"So does that mean no kisses?" Baekhyun joked, covering his face in embarrassment. My face went red immediately after I realized what he said and I just groaned at how greasy the kid was being.

"You're being so bothersome right now, you weirdo grandpa." I mumbled to him.

"I am not a weirdo grandpa. How can you say that to me! I'm your fiance!" He whined like a kid, scrunching his nose.  

"Sorry, sorry, I take it back, you're not a weirdo grandpa, you're a very nice guy." I rolled my eyes at how ridiculous he was being. 

"Yeah, see. You don't have to call me names!" Baek sighed dramatically, making me giggle. "Anyways, don't you think those shorts are a little bit too short?" I glanced down at my shorts, and blinked. 

"Oh yeah, they might be. I don't know, my sister picked out this outfit for me, so you know, it's whatever." I explained, pulling my shorts down to make them look longer. Baekhyun just sent me a disapproving look. 

"But what am I gonna do when other guys have a crush on you?" He whined again, and I tried supressing my grin although it failed. "What if I wore a very very deep v-neck and other girls had a crush on me, just because I'm so good looking?!" What he said brought my mind back to the whole thing about him having a crush on Yuri. Since we are indeed basically about to get married, I should get the whole idea settled right? So then I can know if he actually does like her or not, so I know if I should sharpen my knives tonight or not. 

"Hey Baek, can I ask you something?"

"Anything," he smiled pleasantly, and I smiled back at him queasily. 

"Did you use to like Yuri?" 

Baekhyun's smile disappeared as he stared at me in shock. "Who told you that?"

"I don't know, I just heard it around places, and I was just wondering," I answered vaguely. "So did you?" 

"Well, in the past I did..." He answered, looking down at his slippers. 

"Well do you still like her?" 

"Why are you asking me that?" He suddenly snarled at me and I blinked, surprised at how he just snapped at me like that. "Oh God, sorry for being like that to you, I'm just being awful right now."

"Byun Baekhyun, just tell me if you like her right now! It's not that hard!" I hissed, my anger level rising. If this kid was going to lash out at me and not even tell me what's up, how am I supposed to stay calm and be okay with it? Does he think I'm an easy person that he can just say playful words with and not even tell me about his crushes or whatever?!

Baekhyun just stared at me with eyes that gleamed of anxiousness and I wanted to kick him hard at how difficult he was being with me. All he needed to do is just answer my dumb question! "Are you not gonna talk? Are you just not going to answer me now? Byun Baekhyun, I am asking a serious question here!"

"I..." He hesitated and I felt something just snap inside me.

"You know what, just don't answer at all," I simply said, grabbing my purse as I stood up, "I'm done. Don't talk to me for a while, I'll be cooling off. Just talk to me when you know what you wanna say. I'm going. Have fun with Yuri."

Baekhyun flinched and I wanted to feel bad for saying harsh words to him, but right now, I'm too angry to even breathe the same air as the twerp. I needed to go home now. He just sat there in shock as I strode out of the room, getting into my car in a flash. There was no way I was going to stick with him if he liked another woman. I'm not looking for that kind of romance.

I just drove out of the palace and to wherever that would calm me down.

 

Baekhyun just sat in his office, astounded at what just happened. It was all a blur and he sighed, slumping back into the couch as he rubbed his temples. He couldn't believe his fiance had just stormed out like that, but he knew it was his fault. He should've just said he didn't like Yuri anymore. Why did he hesitate so much?!

"Oh my God, Byun Baekhyun, you are a dummy dumb dumb and you deserve to be burned with this cup of tea; you are truly the enemy of woman right now," he groaned to himself.

"Hey dummy dumb dumb, what's up?"

Baekhyun turned his head sharply at the familiar voice. He saw Chanyeol standing at the doorway, looking in curiously, holding onto a girl's hand. He guessed that it was Luhan's cousin and just beckoned them in.

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun mumbled lowly.

"Why are you so down? Anyways, is Miyeon here? She promised that she would see my fiance!" Chanyeol asked, smiling brightly at the girl, who grinned back at him.

"She just left," Baekhyun groaned miserably as he recalled what happened.

"Hey, are you okay? Did something happen with you guys?" The taller male asked.

"She asked me if I still liked Yuri, but I couldn't answer her, so she got mad and walked out," Baek answered with another groan. "I'm such an idiot, I should've said something, but why didn't I?! I'm going to rip my hair out."

"Okay, um, first things first, this is Lu Fei. Fei, this is Baekhyun," Chanyeol introduced and Fei bowed politely. Baekhyun nodded and bowed back, greeting her. "Okay, now that the important things are done, what the heck Baek?! You didn't answer her when she asked if you still liked Yuri? Does this mean you still like her?!"

"No, I don't, I like Miyeon! I just don't know why I didn't answer her when she asked me that. Am I just being a coward? Oh my gosh, my feelings are being so dumb right now." He said, his thoughts all jumbled up and messed up.

"You know, you should really explain yourself to her when she calms down." Chanyeol suggested.

"Which probably won't be soon," Fei interjected, surprising Baekhyun.

"It won't?"

"Well, girls can hold really long grudges," she explained.

"Do you hold really long grudges?" Chanyeol asked her curiously and she nodded with a shy smile. "Ah, I'll try not to get you too mad at me then. Forgive me if I act dumb." Fei just giggled and Baekhyun sent his best friend a menacing glare.

"So all I'm supposed to do is to just wait for her to stop being mad at me? How am I supposed to know when she's not mad at me!" He snapped, glowering at the two. Fei stared at him in surprise and Chanyeol scowled at him.

"Hey, you can't talk to my fiance like that!" He warned, before Fei squeezed his hand.

"You guys make me sick."

"You and Miyeon make me sick," Chanyeol joked back and Baekhyun sent him another piercing frown. "Anyways, just let everything cool down for now and then call her. Tell her the truth okay? I've gotta go and introduce Fei to everyone else, so don't accidentally fall and explode while I'm gone okay?" Baekhyun just rolled his eyes and grunted, watching them walk out of the room with soft pitter patters.

Boy, he really did mess up, didn't he?