Chapter 9

The Story Of My Everyday Angel

Kyungsoo’s POV:

The annoying ding of the doorbell resounded throughout my small apartment, waking me from my much-needed sleep. Squinting, I glared at the door. The bell didn’t ring again, leading me to believe that the culprit had either left, or the sound was a creation of my imagination. I rolled over and closed my eyes, but the thought of someone possibly still at the door ebbed at me. I groaned and threw the blanket over my head, wanting very much to go back to sleep.

I got up, quickly threw on a shirt, and went to the door.

Glancing through the peephole, I discovered indeed there was someone standing on my doorstep. Whoever it was was getting soaked by the rain that happened to be falling by the bucketfulls. A pang of guilt washed over me as I opened the door. The boy looked up.

“Jongin?”

“Hey hyung,” he responded with a small half-smile.

“What are you doing here this late at night? You’re not in any trouble, are you?”

He let out a chuckle. “Ani hyung, but my roommate kicked me out for the night. Um... I know it’s kind of a weird thing to ask of my boss, but I don’t have anyone else I can turn to… Um, do you have a couch or anything I could crash on for the night?” he looked at me with hopeful eyes.

“Aniyo, I don’t have a couch-“ his face fell.

“Oh, that’s okay. Sorry for bothering you,” he rushed, turning around to leave.

I grabbed his forearm and pulled him into the room. “You didn’t let me finish! I don’t have a couch, but I have a cot you could use. Get in here before you catch a cold.”

As if on cue, he sneezed.

“Pabo, why would you go out in the rain like this? Didn’t you think to bring a jacket or anything?” I scolded as a tossed him a towel.

“Mianhae, it didn’t start raining until I was halfway here,” he said as I walked into my bedroom to get him some dry clothes. I quickly grabbed an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants. He was still standing where I had left him, looking as if he was afraid to touch anything.

“Here,” I said, tossing him the clothes. He caught them and his eyes widened. “What, you thought I was going to make you stay in those wet clothes?” I asked. He just stared at me. “If you get sick then I’m down a worker. Bathroom is that door right there. Go take a shower and change. There should be a spare toothbrush in the cupboard.”

He nodded and shuffled into the bathroom, leaving a trail of water. I shook my head, cleaning the spots up and set up the cot as I waited. He came out a few minutes later and walked over to the cot.

“You didn’t dry your hair,” I said.

“Oh. I couldn’t find the outlet,” he responded, looking embarrassed.

“That’s because there is none. Whoever built this place was stupid and didn’t put one in the bathroom. Bring the dryer here.” I ordered. He disappeared into the bathroom and returned a few seconds later with the dryer.

“Where’s the plug?” he asked, glancing over the walls to find it.

“I said bring it here.”

He handed it to me, and I plugged it in. “Sit down.”

“Hyung, I can do it by myself…” he protested.

“Sit down.” I repeated, and he obeyed, blushing. “Your hair is really soft,” I mused as I ran my fingers through it.

“G-gomawo.” His hair was short, so it didn’t take long to dry. I set the dryer aside. “Thanks hyung,” he said. Then, suddenly he erupted into a sneezing fit.

“Aigoo, Jongin! I told you not to get sick!” I said as I forced him to lie down on the cot.

“Sorry hyung,” he apologized, as if it was his fault his immune system was going crazy.

“Aish. Tomorrow I’m going to give that room mate of yours a piece of my mind. Costing me a worker.” I hmfed and placed my hands on my hips, earning a cute chuckle from Jongin. “Why did he kick you out anyways?”

“Oh, um because he is Xiumin’s boyfriend and he um… found out about what I did to Xiumin.” He looked down, ashamed of himself.

“He doesn’t know about your friendship with Xiumin now?” I asked. I had been told that those two had become pretty good friends, despite the nature of their previous relationship.

“Ani, he wouldn’t let me say anything. But I don’t blame him… I was a jerk.”

“Key word ‘was’,” I added, wincing as he sneezed and sniffled a few more times. “Now go to sleep. Hopefully this will be gone by morning,” I said, and threw a blanket over him.

“Goodnight hyung.”

Goodnight, Jongin.” I turned and walked into my bedroom. As I got into my bed, I could have sworn I heard a soft “hyung saranghae,” but I couldn’t be sure. Either way, I blushed like a schoolgirl.

-

Jongin was worse the next morning. His eyes were puffy and red, his nose runny, and sneezes never-ending. I hated to wake him up, but he mustn’t have been sleeping very well; he woke up to the sound of my quiet gasp when I stubbed my toe into the coffee table. He groaned.

“How are you feeling?” I asked, even though it was very obvious how he must be feeling.

“Like crap,” he moaned, throwing an arm over his eyes, presumably to block out the light. “How do I look?”

“Like crap,” I responded honestly. He let out a weak laugh. “Do you want to just stay here all day? I wouldn’t mind the company,” I suggested, but he shook his head.

“I need to go back to the dorm,” he sat up, holding his head.

“No, just stay here.” The argument continued as I grabbed him some headache and flu medicine. It continued through breakfast. He was for whatever reason adamant about returning. Knowing I wasn’t going to be able to convince him otherwise, I gave up, but insisted that I accompany him. He agreed after much pestering.

When we arrived at his room, he immediately collapsed onto the bed and snuggled into the blankets. He was snoring moments later, sniffling periodically.

His roommate walked in as I was applying a cold compress to Jongin’s forehead.

“Um, who are you? And what are you doing in my room?” the sandy blond asked, startled.

“I’m Kyungsoo, Jongin’s boss. And I’m here because Jongin got really sick after being in the rain yesterday. After you kicked him out of his own room.” I glared at the boy. His eyes widened when he spotted Jongin on the bed.

“He got sick?” he asked nervously.

“Yes, he got sick. What does it look like? Why did you kick him out anyways?” I asked, wanting to know his side of the story.

“I- well I’m Jongdae, Minseok’s boyfriend. Most people call me Chen. Minseok used to get bullied, and when I found out that Jongin was the abuser, I got really mad.” He looked down at the floor. “I didn’t know until this morning that those two had actually become friends… Now I feel horrible!” he scrunched up his face, looking like he was going to cry. “I’m sorry!”

My umma instincts kicked in, and my glare softened. “It’s okay honey, you had every right to be mad. I’m sorry I yelled at you, I’m usually not like this,” I apologized.

He grinned widely at me, as if he hadn’t been about to cry moments before. He smiled at me for a minute before his facial expression morphed into confusion. “Wait, you said you were Jongin’s boss, right? Then why are YOU here? I wasn’t aware that bosses were this close to their employees.”

“Um, well yesterday Jongin came to my apartment looking for a place to stay, and I couldn’t turn him away.” I said, quickly turning my head to face Jongin again to hide my blush from Chen’s view.

“OH I GET IT! You like him, don’t you!” he exclaimed, excited.

“What? No! I just-“

“You like him! You like him!” he shouted, now bouncing. No matter how much I tried to deny it, he would not be convinced.

“You like him~ You really REALLY like him!” he chanted.

I had to smile. “Shut up.”

“No. Why? Cuz you LIKE him!”



 

AN: LOOK! AN ALMOST LONGISH CHAPTER. *proud of myself* And it's only like a week since I last posted! :O

So I went back and read the first 6 chapters of this story. Man my writing needs work. I cry.

I really hope you guys like Kaisoo. Honestly they are my favorite ship. Them and Taoris. Unfortunately since they aren't overly huge characters in this story I don't have that many excusses to have Kaisoo and Taoris. But don't worry. I'll find a way. 

Who are your favorite EXO ships?

And guys I ship Xiuhan so hard now (I didn't when I first started writing this) but I don't ship Sechen so... and I still love HunHan cuz who doesn't love HunHan?

Thanks for reading!! Love you all!!

P.S. I'm thinking of starting a new short JongKey fanfic. (I didn't finish the last one OTL) so if you want to check it out I'm posting a rough draft for the first chapter here->  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/525840/one-shots-oneshot 

THANKS