Chapter 10

The Story Of My Everyday Angel

Baekhyun's POV:

 

"You know pup? You should eat more. Maybe then you'll grow."

 

Chanyeol snickered as we walked back to our dorms after a day in the city with Xiumin and Chen. The two others had wanted to stay in the city to visit Chen's mother, so Chanyeol and I politely excused ourselves. We saw no one as we walked, as it was getting pretty late.

 

"Yah, I'm perfectly fine the way I am. Just because you're a giant..."

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "Sure, whatever. Hey, race you home!" He took off with a goofy smile on his face.

 

"Aigoo, what are you, five?" I called after him. He ignored me and kept running. He soon rounded a corner and was out of sight. I kept on strolling lazily, in no mood to humor him and try to catch up.

 

I was just about to go around the corner he had previously disappeared around, when he shot out of no where and ran towards me, a terrified look on his face. "Run Baek! Run!" He grabbed my arm and yanked me behind him.

 

"Chanyeol, stop! What's wrong?" Even as an angel, my legs stumbled as I struggled to keep up with him.

 

He ran around a bush and crouched, pulling me down with him. "There's something out there! It was huge!" he whispered, seeming afraid that it would hear him.

 

"What? What did it look like? Yah, calm down!" His was shivering and looked at me with wide eyes.

 

"You won't believe me- it looked like a lion! A really huge, scary looking lion!"

 

"Chanyeol, don't be ridiculous, there are no lions around here-" I had barely finished speaking when I heard a growl, not three feet from my head. Chanyeol let out a very unmanly squeak and pointed behind me. Slowly turning around, I gasped in disbelief. Standing before us with its head pushed into the bush, was none other but-

 

The  Nemean Lion.

 

A thousand thoughts ran through my head. This couldn't be possible! Heracles defeated this monster thousands of years ago! As far as I knew, its coat was still on Olympus! The creature wasn't meant to reincarnate for at least a few more centuries.

 

Chanyeol's yelp brought me back to the present. I quickly pushed him back farther into the bush and lept out towards the Lion. Defeating it would be no easy task, but it was doable. The lion roared in anger as I knocked his head away and I made a dash out of the bush. The lion thankfully followed me, I was worried that it would have gone for Chanyeol.

 

For those of you who have read or watched the story of Percy Jackson, you probably remember his pen knife. While the vast majority of the story is wildly inaccurate, that small detail holds true. I have one like it. Reaching into my back pocket, I pulled out a small fountain pen and clicked it open. A three-foot-long blade shot out of the end.

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol had rose out of the bush and had dedicated himself to trying to pull me away to what he probably assumed was safety. Since I had no intention of leaving the spot, no matter how hard he pulled, he could not move me. "Chanyeol, get back! I know what I'm doing, get back!" Pushing on his chest, he finally let go and stood in shock as the lion rose to its hind legs. To distract it, I ran at its stomach and stabbed at its coat. The blade had very little effect, but I did manage to leave a thin cut right above its abdomin. "Run! Now Chanyeol, RUN!"

 

Chanyeol stayed put.

 

As I attempted to engage the Nemean in battle, it evidently got bored with dodging my blade and instead turned his attention to the frozen giant now standing twenty yards away. In one giant bound, it landed in front of him and roared deafeningly.

 

Chanyeol stayed rooted to the spot, petrified. The creature raised his giant paw, ready to strike. In a desprate attempt to stop it, I ran at full speed towards the creature and screamed at the top of my lungs. It froze, then slowly turned to face me. Relieved that it had turned away from Chanyeol, for a moment I forgot that the thing was now lunging towards me instead. The split second before it reached me, I my blade up.

 

Blackness.

 

For a moment I thought I was dying- yes, angels can die too. The crushing weight of the beast was unbarable! I could feel the boiling hot liquid pouring out of its gut and soaking my clothing. I could hear the muffled cries of Chanyeol, and felt him pushing at the lion. It did very little to get it off of me. Using most of my strength, I shoved it off of me just enough to be able to wiggle out. Chanyeol just stared.

 

I sighed. Passerby's probably wouldn't react well to seeing an enormous lion in the middle of a high school campus.

 

Killing the thing was hard enough. Destroying all evidence? That took almost everything I had in me.

 

After the job was done, I collapsed heavily on my knees. I heard Chanyeol walk hesitantly to me, and kneel in front of me.

 

"Baek? Are- Are you ok?" he asked softly, gently resting a giant hand on my shoulder.

 

"I'm fine. Just tired- That took a lot out of me," I panted, and he nodded his understanding.

 

"What-... What was that thing?" he asked slowly. I sighed.

 

"Hey Chan, can you help me to that wall over there?" I asked. The look he gave me told me he thought I was avoiding his question, which I wasn't, I just really could use the extra support right about now- but he didn't protest.

 

Instead of helping me to my feet like most people would, he just picked me off the ground completely and carried me to the wall. I leaned against it, grateful for the support, and sighed contently when my head rested against its cold surface.

 

"Baekhyun, what was that thing?" Chanyeol asked again, this time more firmly.

 

"You're not going to believe me..." I warned, but he quickly waved at me to continue. "That was the Nemean Lion.."

 

His eyes got huge and his mouth dropped wide open.

 

"You mean that creature in mythology that Heracles fought and killed?"

 

Oh good, he's familiar with the story. That might make things a little easier on me.

 

"The very same."

 

"How is that possible?" he asked.

 

"Well, the whole thing about mythology? It's kind of... It's real.." I was nervous about how he would react to the news. Most people didn't take it very well.

 

I was expecting his face to show fear, terror, shock, confusion, or at least surprise. I did NOT expect his face to light up in pure, undeniable joy. His smile was so huge that his eyes started to twitch.

 

"Chanyeol? Your face... It's freaking me out," I said, but he didn't seem to hear me.

 

"So you mean gods and goddesses, monsters and nymphs, demigods and heroes... it's all real?"

 

"Yep."

 

"But how? I mean, Heracles killed and skinned the Nemean Lion. How did it come back?"

 

"Well, monsters can reincarnate. Most come back decades or centuries later, but the rarer ones, like the Nemean lion, take much longer to reincarnate. Also, they come back full grown. You'll never see a baby monster running around. This one must have come back very recently, since we haven't heard of any lion attacks or spottings."

 

Chanyeol nodded, eagerly taking in each bit of information I was feeding him.

 

"Tell me more! What else is out there? How were you able to defeat that? How do you know all of this? Is everything like it is in the stories? Is-"

 

I just looked at him and sighed heavily. "I'll tell you more after I get some rest. Help me up?" He pulled me to my feet and I swayed uneasily. I looked up and saw him staring at me, and I couldn't help but laugh.

 

"What's so funny?" he asked.

 

"You. You look so worried!"

 

"I AM worried! My roommate just killed a mythological creature and now he can barely stand. Man you look like crap! Are you sure you're ok?"

 

"Yes I'm fine. As I said, I'm just tired. But... could I lean on you as we walk?"

 

He nodded immediately and threw my arm over his shoulder, and hooked his arm around my waist.

 

We began the long trip back to our room.



Chanyeol's POV:

 

Our progress was slow, since I had to walk with Baekhyun's tired pace. I got impatient, so I grabbed both of his hands and swung him neatly onto my back. I was surprised at how light he was.

 

"Yah, what are you doing?" he asked, surprised, but evidently too tired to resist against my strong grip.

 

"You walk too slowly," I replied simply. I felt his laugh rather that heard it. We were silent the rest of the way to our room, and I was pretty sure he fell asleep about halfway there. His body went limp and his breathing became deep and even. I smiled.

 

Once in the room, I lowered him gently onto his bed. He had indeed fallen asleep, and once again I noticed how closely he resembled a puppy.

 

My pup was shivering, so I removed his shoes and pulled a blanket over him. He promptly snuggled in and began snoring quietly.

 

"Goodnight pup," I sighed. I guess I'll have to get more answers from him tomorrow.

 


 


 

HI HOW ARE YOU IT'S BEEN LIKE YEARS SINCE I'VE UPDATED I'M SORRY BUT HERE

I didn't intent to make a monster this soon in the story but even after all of this time I still couldn't think of a filler chapter so here you go I'm sorry the first part I had the second part written since a long time ago but the first part I just typed and BAM done. No editing. Sorry.

If you are reading this, I LOVE YOU!!!

Tomorrow is my last day of school ever until college (Damn I'm old) so I might MIGHT be able to finish the story this summer? 

Sorry that font is so huge and this font is so small

I love you