Chapter 8

The Story Of My Everyday Angel

Baekhyun's POV

The three of us were once again sitting in the cafe, sipping our various drinks, chatting about our week. I couldn’t help but notice that Xiumin kept anxiously peeking out the window to the sidewalk outside.

“What are you looking for?” I asked. He snapped his head to look at me after about the thousandth time of staring through the window.

“Oh, just a friend.” He blushed wildly.

“They must be some friend if they can make you blush like that,” Chanyeol teased, and received a scowl from Xiumin. Chanyeol began firing questions at the older about his “friend,” almost none of which Xiumin would respond to. The only thing he would give us was that his friend was male, and he just came back from four months in China.

We sat in silence for a while. Now all of us were staring out of the window waiting for this mystery person to arrive.

Xiumin’s phone vibrated against the table. He checked the number and immediately jumped out of his seat, almost knocking the chair over, and made his way quickly to the door. Before he could open it however, the door swung towards him as someone entered the diner. In a blur of limbs, Xiumin was on the ground with someone laying over him.

“Jongdae! Get off! I can’t breathe!” he yelled at the boy, who gracefully got to his feet, somehow pulling Xiumin up with him.

“BAOZI! I MISSED YOU!” he shouted, squishing “baozi” into a tight embrace.

“I missed you too Jongdae. Do you want to meet my friends?” he glanced towards us. Jongdae nodded eagerly. He gripped Xiumin’s hand as they walked over to us.

“Jongdae, this is Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Baekhyun and Chanyeol, this is Jong-”

“Chen. And I’m Minseok’s boyfriend.”

“Nice to meet you ah… Jong….Chen,” I offered my hand, which he promptly shood.

“It’s just Chen. Only Minseok can call me Jongdae,” he clarified before shaking Chanyeol’s hand as well.

“So our Xiumin has a boyfriend, huh?” Chanyeol smirked. Xiumin blushed again, and Chen smiled widely.

“Thank you for taking care of my Baozi while I was away,” he said, grinning fondly at Xiumin. “Let me take a good look at you,” he directed to his boyfriend, looking him over. His smile quickly faded, turning to a look of horror.

“HOLY LORD OF THE TROLLS. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CHEEKS?! he squeaked. “Why are you so skinny? Have you even eaten since I left? Did they starve you? Have you been dieting? Why in the world would you diet? Are you sick? OH MY SHISUS ARE YOU GOING TO DIE?!” he began shaking the shocked looking Xiumin by the shoulders.

“None of those,” I answered for him, gently removing his arms from my friend.

“Yeah, I’m fine Jongdae. I’ve just been working harder than usual and I haven’t been eating as much.”

“Well that’s going to change RIGHT NOW. Let’s go, I’m going to fatten up my Baozi if it’s the last thing I do!” He raised a finger high over his head for emphasis and began pulling Xiumin out of the cafe, the latter giving us an apologetic shrug.

Chanyeol laughed once they disappeared. “Those two make quite an interesting pair,” he mused. I nodded my agreement.

“At least we know someone besides us can look after him.”

 

Chanyeol’s POV:

Baek and I finished our drinks and headed back to the dorms. The halls were pretty empty, but soon we ran into Xiumin again.

“Hey guys!” he shouted from across the hall. I chuckled when I noticed how Chen followed quickly behind his hyung, holding a plate of various food and chopsticks, trying to force feed Xiumin. Xiumin kept turning his head to avoid the offered food, complaining that he wasn’t hungry. But Chen still didn’t give up trying to get him to eat.

“Hey Xiumin. Chen,” Baekhyun greeted.

“What’s up- Jongdae would you quit it with the food already?! I said I wasn’t hungry! I just ate!” he glared at his boyfriend. Chen pouted and put down the chopsticks. His pout however was soon replaced with a smile.

“We were just going to a movie! Do you want to come with?” Chen asked.

“Yeah! You two should come with us!” Xiumin agreed.

“Oh please please please?” Chen begged, pulling on my sleeve, making me scowl at him in annoyance.

“If we say yes, will you be quiet?” I asked, and Chen nodded quickly.

“Yeah, we’ll go. What are you guys watching?” Baekhyun asked.

“I’m not entirely sure. Jongdae wanted to go to some horror movie I’ve never heard of.”

“Let Me In! It’s supposed to be really scary!” Chen looked like a child who was just told he could have whatever ice cream flavor he wanted. “And don’t worry Minseok, if it gets too scary, I’ll be there to protect you! I never get scared.”

Xiumin just rolled his eyes. “You said that when we watched Paranormal Activity, but yet you pissed yourself anytime anything ‘paranormal’ happened.”

Chen turned bright red and lightly punched Xiumin in the arm. “That movie was scarier than I thought it would be. I wasn’t expecting anything that weird to happen!”

“Dear, it’s called PARANORMAL Activity for a reason.”

“W-whatever. Okay, let’s just go! Let’s go!” he said, quickly becoming happy and hyper again.

 

Baekhyun’s POV:

So, the movie was pretty lame. I mean, I don’t really get scared (I’m an angel after all, so ‘scary’ things have no effect on me). The others however…

Xiumin actually looked really bored, and his ‘protector’, the fearless Chen, was curled up in a little ball against his side, whimpering and burying his face in his boyfriend’s shirt.

Chanyeol was trying (and failing) to keep a poker face, but it was very obvious that he was terrified. For his sake, I acted a little scared too.

“Are you scared?” he asked me, probably using it as an excuse for looking away from the screen at a particularly gory part.

“Yeah, a little,” I lied. “You?”

“No, not at all,” he replied, but yelped a little and jumped in his seat when a loud sound erupted from the speakers. He grabbed my hand. Even though it was dark, I could tell he was turning red from embarrassment. “Um, you know, just in case you pup get uh, scared.” He squeezed my hand.

“Um, thanks,” I squeezed his hand back and we turned our attention back to the movie.

...

We walked out of the theater together after the movie ended. Chen was holding Xiumin’s hand and pulling him along with him as he ran from street light beam to street light beam. Not because he was afraid of the dark, but because he had to protect his Xiumin from the creepers hanging in the dark. He “didn’t want Minseok to be scared.” It was adorable.

Chan and I rushed to keep up with them.

“So Chen, what did you think of the movie?” Chanyeol asked.

“It was great! Um, not scary at all!” he answered while looking nervously down the alleyways left and right, as if something was going to jump out and kill him at any time now.

“How bout you Min?” Chanyeol asked.

“It was pretty boring actually… The story was okay, but the way it was directed wasn’t scary at all. Really predictable. And the actors weren’t very good.”

“Yeah right! You were terrified!” Chen said. Xiumin just rolled his eyes and sighed heavily.

 



 

YAY FOR DOUBLE UPDATES! Am I right?

Well I really hope you guys like this one. It's much longer. I like it, so if you guys don't like it then :( 

But TADAAAAAAA now Chen is here!! Super cheery and troll-like ish. I decided he's going to be a cute and fluffy person.

And by the way, I first wrote this part back when Xiumin went from chubby-cheeked chipmunk to super skinny and somewhat unhealthy looking. Now he's fine though~ And he's still adorable, even without the cheeks <3

I don't know if you can tell, but I'm actually Minseok biased. He's my ultimate from EXO, while Jongin is my bias from K, and Zitao is my bias from M.

Love you guys! Thanks for subscribing!