Chapter 1

The Story Of My Everyday Angel

 I am an angel.

I’m not an angel from heaven.

I’m from Olympus.

I know what all you lovers-of-mythology are probably thinking right now. “There are no angels in Olympus!”

I assure you there are. I am one of them.

Let me tell you a story.

A short story.

21 years ago, a strange, handsome man who went by the name Mars, came to Seoul. There he met a beautiful girl, named Minsoo, who he seduced with his rough charm, and got her pregnant. When he found out that she was carrying a child, he disappeared, breaking her heart.

She had the baby without Mars.

A beautiful, strong, healthy baby named Chanyeol.

Chanyeol grew strong and handsome,

just like his father.

He was also often quick to anger and not afraid to participate in violence,

just like his father.

If you know anything about mythology, you have probably figured out that Mars is a god, better known to the Greeks as Ares, the god of offensive warfare.

That makes Chanyeol a demigod.

Half god, half human.

A mortal with powers. Although, he hasn’t discovered them yet.

As I said before, Chanyeol has a quick temper, which often resulted in fights. When he got into a fight with another demigod, who landed him in the hospital, Zeus decided it was time for him to step in.

You see, Zeus was very fond of his nephew. Since Ares hadn’t wanted him, Zeus started thinking of himself as Chanyeol’s father.

After Chanyeol’s fight with another demigod, Tao, Zeus suggested that Chanyeol should have a guardian angel.

That’s where I come in.

I have gone by many names, but my name in Olympus is Antos. Zeus summoned me to the palace. I was his favorite and most trusted angel. Since I was created almost 700 years ago, I had safely guarded 17 demigods until they had passed of natural causes.

“Antos!” Zeus’s thunderous voice called. (Thunderous! Hahaha! Cause he’s the king of the sky and throws lightning bolts! Get it? No? Oh, oh well. Anyways…)

“Yes? You called?” I said, floating over to his throne. Yes, I float.

Stop laughing.

“I have a new assignment for you. There is a young man in Seoul named Chanyeol. He is my nephew, son of Ares. I need you to protect him.”

“Yes sir.” I bowed, and began making my way out.

“Wait. Your name on Earth will be,” he paused thinking.

“Byun Baek Hyun.”

“Byun Baek Hyun...” I repeated, trying it out. I liked it.

“You know what you need to do, Baekhyun,” he said with a solemn smile.

“Yes sir.”

I made my way to the angels’ quarters to begin my transformation into a human like being. Angels look similar to humans, but we are about five times bigger. We also glow. Unlike the angels that human usually dream up and paint, we don’t have wings or halos. We have extremely thick blond hair, and golden eyes. I willed my hair to turn brown and shorted in length, and made it thin like a human’s hair.

I looked in a mirror. I changed my eyes from gold to a dark brown. My features were extremely defined, so I added a little puff to my cheeks. I looked human now, except my large elf like ears. I changed into an outfit that would fit in with the time period on Earth, and in seconds, I was done.

It would take a normal guardian angel hours to go through a transformation, but as experienced as I am, it only took a few minutes. I was efficient too, never forgetting even a single part of the change.

I took a deep breath and began my descent down to Earth.

Oh, one more thing. Chanyeol isn’t supposed to know about any of this. Not until he's ready. Even then, he can NEVER know who and what I am.

That is crucial.


 

 

 

 


 

A/N: first chapter! Thoughts so far?  i really hope you guys enjoy this one. I think you will~ I like it, and I think this is the first time I've ever REALLY enjoyed writting and reading my story~ It helps that I have had help with editing and stuff~ Love you Nicki_SUJU!     You guys can look for another update in a week or two, I want to write more of the story before I start posting frequently, so please be patient. I actually wasn't even going to post this one for a while, but I figured I was being mean for making you guys wait so long. Enjoy!

 

Characters so far:

Chanyeol Troubled teen demigod

Baekhyun 700 some-year-old guardian angel~

Zeus  (from Percy Jackson, I just like the way this actor looks as Zeus)

Ares <- that's the guy that plays Ares in Wrath of the Titans. These mythological movie peeps are really good at casting characters.

ZiTao with blue eyes~ the other demigod that Chanyeol fought, will be making a second appearance later~ Maybe. should he? Do you guys want more Tao?