Chapter 3

The Story Of My Everyday Angel

 Chanyeol’s POV:

Once I got inside the school, I went straight to the front office. The noona working there gave me my schedule for the first semester along with a key to my room, which was number 24.

I found room 24, down a short and narrow hallway. I put the key in the locker and opened the door. I was pretty disappointed because It was pretty plain. There was a wide white room with two beds; two dressers beside them, along with two nightstands. I walked in a little more in the room to see a small kitchen through one doorway, with a table that had four chairs around it. I also saw a small bathroom with a shower.

Both beds were empty, telling me that I've arrived before my roommate. I smirked, knowing I had the first choice in beds. I was about to dump my stuff on one of the beds, but the door swung open. A small boy with dark brown hair and slightly big eyes came walking in, lugging a suitcase behind him.

“Oh, you’re already here?” he asked, looking up at me.

“Yeah, I just got here." I smiled. "I’m Park Chanyeol,” I introduced myself, bowing at a 90 degree angle.

“H-hello.” he said, bowing.

We stood there awkwardly staring at each other for a few moments before I broke the silence.

“Well?” I asked.

“Well what?” he blinked, looking confused.

“Your name?” I asked, kind of irritated.

“Oh, sorry,” he lowered his eyes to the floor looking as if he was deep in thought. “Byun Baekhyun.”

“Nice to meet you. Do you care which bed you get?”

“Uh, no. You pick.”

“Great,” I said, dropping my stuff next to the closest bed and flopping on top of it. As I stared at the ceiling, I could hear him moving around the room, unpacking his stuff.

“So, Baekhyun... How old are you?” I asked trying to start a conversation.

“17. My birthday is May 6th.”

I sat up in surprise. “So, you’re my hyung?” I asked, shocked that this squirt of a boy was older than me.

“Yeah, I-I guess,” he stuttered and continued unpacking. “You don’t have to call me hyung though... I was never one for formalities.” He chuckled and I gave him a strange look. This kid was surly different.

 

Baekhyun’s POV:

I opened the door to my room, surprised to see that Chanyeol was already there, thinking that I had arrived far earlier than I needed to.

“Oh, you’re already here?” I asked, shutting the door behind me and walking over to him. That was the first time I got a good look at him. He was really tall, with dark hair and extremely handsome features.

“Yeah, I just got here." He smiled. "I’m Park Chanyeol,” he said, bowing, and I bowed back greeting him. My stomach suddently felt funny. His smile... It was warm and welcoming. I feel like a butterfly had gotten trapped in there and was flapping around. I pondered what was going on, confused. That had never happened to me before.

“Well?” he asked suddenly.

“Well what?” I responded blankly.

“Your name?” he asked, looking annoyed.

I then realized that I not only hadn’t introduced myself, but I had been staring at him this whole time. I lowered my eyes quickly to the floor. “Oh, sorry. Byun Baekhyun.”

“Nice to meet you. Do you care which bed you get?” he asked.

“Uh no, you pick.” I said.

“Great.” He tossed all of his stuff next to his bed and laid down on it.

I dragged my suitcase over to the other bed and began unpacking it into my dresser.

“So, Byun Baekhyun..." I blushed when he said my name with his deep voice. Wait, why in the world am I blushing?! Angels don’t blush! “How old are you?”

“17,” I said. “My birthday is May 6th.” That really was my birthday, but I was 17... 700 years ago.

He bolted up to a sitting position, looking extremely surprised. “So, you’re my hyung?” he asked.

“Yeah, I-Iguess,” I responded, stuttering. I went back to unpacking, turning my back to him. “You don’t have to call me ‘hyung’ though. I was never one for formalities.” I chuckled. When you're EVERYONE’S hyung/oppa/sunbae/whatever, those words become a bit tiring.

“Kay. Then I’m going to call you ‘pup’.”

I turned around to face him. “Why in the world would you call me that?” I asked feeling a bit insulted.

“I don’t know, you just remind me of a puppy,” he said shrugging.

“How do I remind you of a puppy?”

“Well, you’re small, you have big puppy eyes, and you look nervous, like you need to be protected. Like a puppy,” he smirked.

I laughed. “So I look small and frail? Really?”

“Yeah man, go to a gym sometime. You have like, NO muscles.”

I laughed at the irony. I was the one who was supposed to be protecting him. And, being an angel and everything, my strength was ten times that of the strongest human.

“You don’t mind if I call you pup, do you?” he asked.

“Nah, go ahead,” I said, kind of greatful for the nickname. I’ve never been given one before.

“Good.  I was going to call you that one way or another,” he smirked again. I rolled my eyes.

“Hey pup, let me see your schedule.” he said, stretching his arm out for the folded piece of paper I had chucked on my bed. I tossed it to him and watched as he unfolded it and set it next to his own. His eyes got huge.

“Dude, we have the same schedule!” he looked up at me, and I pretended to look surprised.

“Well, this is a pretty small school… Maybe that’s why.” Of course, it was all of Zeus’s doing, but Chanyeol couldn’t know that. He wouldn't know that...

“We are either going to end up really close, or not being able to stand each other. Or both,” Chanyeol chuckled, and I grinned. “Well, I’m going to go explore the campus. So uh, STAY!” he commanded, pointing his finger at the spot on the floor in front of me. I rolled my eyes and him and he cracked up.

“Seeya later pup!” he called and headed out the door.

“Yeah, seeya.” I waited a while after the door shut and then followed him right out.



 

 

AN: sorry this chapter is a bit repetive, but I wanted to get both perspectives. This won't happen often in the future, I just think that when they meet, you should have some insight on how they both think.


Originally I was going to post this in a few days, but I didn't want to make you guys wait that long again. But because my co-author and I are both a bit behind in editing, the next few chapters might take a while to upload. Mianhae >.< Love you guys!

No new characters in this chapter, but last chapter, I forgot to introduce Chanyeol's mom:

THIS is who I chose for Chayeol's mom, Lee MoonHee. She is in the kdrama Panda & Hedgehog and I love her and she's awesome, so she is Chanyeol's mom. -end rant-