Chapter 2

The Story Of My Everyday Angel

 Chanyeol’s POV:

Tomorrow was the first day of school. I huffed.

Another year, another school.

In the past two years, I’ve transferred four times. All of them have been public schools, all of them have kicked me out.

The first one kicked me out for arguing with a teacher. Things got heated pretty quickly, and when I threatened to punch him, the principal found out and had me expelled because I was “a danger to the school and its occupants.”

BS.

I didn’t ACTUALLY hit anyone.

The next school however, I DID hit someone. A senior thought it would be a good idea to haze me. Little did he know, I’m a good fighter, and I don’t appreciate getting picked on. He unfortunately had to learn his lesson the hard way.

At the next school, I got expelled AGAIN for fighting, but this time it wasn’t completely my fault. Some kid named Tao just randomly picked a fight with me and I fought back out of self defence. Unfortunatley for me, he was the better fighter, so I ended up in the hospital with a broken jaw, dislocated shoulder, and a few bruised ribs.

Now I’m a junior, starting fresh at a new school. This one is different though. This is a private school. It has councilors for kids with ‘anger management issues’.

  Pft... I don’t need those. I just need people to stop pissing me off.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not a bad kid. I don’t go looking for fights. I don’t like to fight. Fights just find me…

This year, I’ve promised my mom that I will try to stay out of trouble. There aren’t very many kids at this school, so hopefully it’ll be pretty easy for me. But it’s a boarding school, two hours away from my house. I REEEEALLY hope my roommate isn’t some jerk or annoying guy… That could potentially cause some problems.

“Channie! Almost time to go! Are you ready?” mom shouted from downstairs.

“Yep! Just checking to make sure I have everything!”

Backpack? Check.

Pencils? Check.

Other school crap? Check.

Clothes? Check.

Bathroom shtuff? Check.

Various forms of entertainment? Check.

Phone? Check.

“Ready!” I grabbed my suitcase and duffle bag and strode down the stairs two at a time. I ducked at the foot of the stairs so my head wouldn’t bang on the low ceiling of the landing, which has happened too many a times to count.

My mom smiled at me. “Look at my boy, all grown up. You must have grown at least six inches since this past school year! Pretty soon you’ll be too big for this house!”

“I'm almost too big for it already Umma.” I said smiling.

I love my mom. She’s the only one in my life I could ever trust, the only one I can rely on. She’s always been there for me, unlike my jerk of a father, who left us before I was born. I’m going to miss her. She’s the main reason I’m kind of nervous about this new school. I’ve never been away from her for more than a week.

The two hour drive to the school was in silence. Not an awkward silence. It was a comfortable silence. When we arrived at Gyeonggi High, my mom turned to me, a sad look in her eyes.

“Don’t worry Umma, I’ll be fine! I’ll come home to visit every weekend!” I said, trying my best to look happy and excited.

“I’m going to miss you, Channie,” she said, putting her hand on my cheek.

“I’m going to miss you too. I have to go now umma. I love you!”

“I know Channie. I love you too!” she leaned over and kissed me on the forehead. “Good luck sweetie! Have fun and... please, don’t get into trouble.”

“I won’t!” I shouted as I got out of the car. I began walking up the steps of my new school. Halfway up, I turned around.

“SARANGHAE!!” I shouted to my mom, who was still in the driveway, watching me. I held my arms over my head in a heart shape.

She laughed. “Saranghae Chanyeol!” she said and imitated my gesture.

I smiled and turned around again, taking a deep breath before I began the next big chapter of my life. I really hope I don't screw this up.


 

 

 

AN: I promise this story will get better the farther we get~ It starts off sort of slow. But I think you guys will like what's coming. Or at least I hope you do.... *blushes*

Soooo I really don't have anything to write about in this author's note, so.... enjoy! and thank you to all of you who have subscribed, and I really appreciate the views/subscriptions/COMMENTS!! please don't be a silent reader, although it's fine if you are. I just like to know what you guys think~ ^.^ please comment!! don't be shy!