Chapter 6

The Story Of My Everyday Angel

Baekhyun’s POV:

After a successful first week of school, Chanyeol, Xiumin and I decided to go to the cafe by the school to celebrate the weekend. We had just began to sip our bubble tea when Xiumin let out a small shriek and ducked his head.

“What’s wrong Xiu?” Chanyeol asked. Facing the same way Xiumin was, I quickly spotted his source of distress. Jongin had just walked through the cafe doors, and he had spotted us. Chanyeol turned around to see who we were staring at, and let out a grunt of disgust.

Jongin smirked as he strutted over to us.

“Nice to see you again, Giant, Boazi, Bacon,” he nodded at each of us, smirk never leaving his face. Chanyeol practically growled at the insults.

“What do you want?” I asked, purposely making my voice sickeningly sweet. His smirk left for a second so he could glare at me.

“Nothing. How was your first week of school?” he looked at Xiumin. “It must be pretty hard with all of those stairs and all that walking. Does Boazi need a break?”

Said Boazi just stared at the table.

“Hey Chan, bump your head on any ceilings lately? They make them so low these days. At least for giants. They are perfectly fine for normal people.”

“Normal people such as yourself? I thought normal people were smart.” I said, and received another quick glare. It wasn’t even a good comeback, but it still took him a minute to recover.

“Yah! Kim Jongin!” a voice came from behind us. I turned around and saw a shortish older-looking boy with dark brown hair walking to our table, wearing an apron and a name tag. Do Kyungsoo. “Is Jongin bothering you guys?” he asked.

Xiumin shook his head shyly, but I responded with the truth. “Yeah, he’s being mean to myself and my friends here.” Jongin looked positively horrified when the older guy sent a glare in his direction.

“Jongin, what have I told you about bullying people? If I hear one more bad thing about you, you are going to have to look for another job.” Job? Jongin works here? I couldn’t picture him wearing an apron and cheerily taking orders from waiting customers...

Jongin’s eyes widened and he squeaked a hurried “yes sir”.

“What are you waiting for? Your shift has already started! Don’t give me another reason to fire you!” Kyungsoo scolded after a minute of silence.

“Y-yes. Ok.” he said and walked briskly to the back.

Kyungsoo slid into the booth next to Chanyeol. “I’m sorry about him. He can be quite the handful.” he rolled his eyes in the direction Jongin had disappeared.

“Since when does Jongin work?” Xiumin asked, looking a lot more relaxed.

“He actually started working here after I forced him to. He and another kid decided this would be a great place for a fist fight, and I made him work to pay for the damages. The kid is a good worker though. I ended up just hiring him.” he smiled fondly.

“Yeah, I can see him in a fistfight almost anywhere. That kid has a temper.” Chanyeol scoffed.

“He’s a good kid if you can control him.” Kyungsoo responded and I shook my head.

“Xiumin, show him your arms.” Chanyeol said, making Xiumin shrink into his seat.

“Chanyeol, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Xiumin said, and pulled his sleeves down further on his arms.

“He needs to see,” Chanyeol urged.

“I need to see what?” Kyungsoo looked worried. I sighed and forced Xiumin’s arms on the table, shoving up his sleeves and exposing the almost-healed yellow tint of old bruises. Kyungsoo’s impossibly wide eyes got even wider.

“Did-did- who? Jongin did th-this?” he stuttered and Chanyeol nodded.

Suddenly Kyungsoo stood up, and promised to be right back. He disappeared into the back room where Jongin had gone in, and soon returned dragging a distressed Jongin by the ear. He released the whimpering boy in front of our table and forced him to kneal.

“Apologize.” He pointed at Xiumin, who looked like a deer caught in headlights. Jongin glared at us. “Sorry.”

“Say it like you mean it. And what are you sorry for? Apologize correctly Kim Jongin.”

“Fine. I’m... I’m sorry. I’m sorry I hit you and gave you bruises. I’m sorry for calling you names. I won’t bully you anymore. Sorry.” he sighed, meeting each of our eyes and looking sincere before looking up hopefully at Kyungsoo.

“Good,” his manager said approvingly. “Now beg for their forgiveness.”

“But hyung-”

“Now!”

“I-” he sighed, knowing that he probably wasn’t going to be able to keep his job if he didn’t listen. “Please forgive me? I beg of you.” He held his hands out as if he was praying. “Please?”

Xiumin looked like he was pondering what he should do. Bless his soul, he accepted the apology. He even held out his hand for a handshake.

“Now, that wasn’t so bad was it?” Kyungsoo said and Jongin smiled at his hyung, shaking his head. “Now get to work.” His face went serious and he scurried off to wash newly empty tables.

“Thank you,” I said to Kyungsoo, and he nodded.

“No problem. Tell me anytime if he tries anything again, okay?” We all nodded and he left our table.

“Aigoo that kid. Such a nuisance,” he mumbled as he walked away.

I could tell he was quite fond of that ‘nuisance.’




 

AN: do you guys like it so far? I know it's like super cheesy and weird and stuff in certian areas.. kekeke
It doesn't seem like it now, but since I write random chapters ahead of time, I realized this story is turning out to be a dramatic fluffy mythological comedy crackfic. And I'm not sorry. ;) 

But I am sorry that the font is so small. My computer is being a and isn't allowing me to change it. AFF is being mean to me too... >.< oh well. 

So NEW CHARACTERS!! I feel horrible, because I forgot to introduce you to one of last chapter's characters!

MINSOO- the amazing artist from their art class (from last chapter). He is better known as Cap, but as I've said before, I like real names so... And he can draw IRL too! I just can't find any of his drawings >.<

KYUNGSOO- the cafe owner who Jongin works for. Overall AMAZING guy (because he is like, my second bais sooooo. JK I can't chose a bias...well, besides Tao... >.< WAAAY to hard.) Anyway, you will never hear me refer to his as D.O. Like, ever. 99.9% of the time, barring mental illness, (or a new EXOTIC who doesn't know his real name) I will call him Kyungsoo. Or Kyungie. Either one.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT!!! GUYS LOOK! I HAVE FOUR UPVOTES. WHAT. WHAT. THANK YOU!! *jumps up and down and hugs computer* I love you guys!! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much! You have no idea how much this means to me!! GAAAAAH. THANK YOU. *bows*

And thank you to all my subs and commenters, you guys really make my day!! <3  To the four that upvoted this, I LOVE YOU!! *showers you with confetti and puppies*