Chapter 4

The Story Of My Everyday Angel

Chanyeol’s POV:

I looked down both sides of the hallway after exiting my new room. My room was situated in the center of a short hallway. Hm, which way to go first? The left looked more promising.

I headed down the left side of the hallway, and soon realized that it was a mistake. I saw a lost looking kid standing in my pathway. He was pretty short, but then again, compared to me, everyone is short.

He looked up just as I was about to turn around and head the opposite direction. Crap. Have I mentioned how much I don’t like people?

The boy walked up to me briskly, and offered his hand that was completely covered by a giant sweatshirt. Seriously, he looked like he was going to drown in all that fabric.

“Hi!” he said, smiling brightly. “Are you new here? I know most of the kids who attended this school last year, and you are not one of them.”

“Um, yeah, I transferred here,” I said and hesitantly shook his hand, well, sweatshirt.

“Oh cool! My name is Minseok by the way. But most people call me Xiumin.I’m a senior.”

This kid is a senior? No way, he’s way too small...

“Um, hi, I’m Chanyeol. I’m a junior.”

“Hey Chanyeol! Do you need help with finding anything? I could give you a tour,” he offered. I was about to say yes, but I figured it couldn’t be too hard to find my way around.

“No thank you, I think I can find my way around,” I responded, and bowed politely.

“Well, I’ll come with you. Just in case you get lost or something. I know this place like the back of my hand,” he smiled.

“Uh thanks, but I think I got this. I don’t get lost easily.”

“Nah, I’ll help you. Lead the way!”

“Seriously, I can go alone,” I said, beginning to get annoyed. What was with this kid?

“It’s not a problem for me, if I just come with,” he said, still smiling, but his smile didn’t quite reach his eyes.

“Why are you so persistent? I said I can go by myself!” I was starting to get angry. Why can’t this kid just leave me alone?

“Um, because... I uh, I don’t like walking around alone.” he responded, bowing his head and kicking an invisible rock on the ground.

“Why the hell not? You’re a senior! And you said you knew your way around really well!”

He let out a soft sniffle. “They might find me.”

“Who might find you?”

“Oh, just some other seniors. They.... We don’t really get along... I just don’t want to run into them right now,” he said, shooting me a nervous glance before returning his eyes to the floor.

“Do.... do they pick on you?” I asked, concerned.

“Yeah, just a bit. It’s fine really,” he said, reaching a hand up to scratch his head. The sleeve of the oversized sweatshirt slid down, exposing a neat pattern of bruises all the way down his arm. Seeing my eyes widen, he quickly shoved his arm back into its sleeve.

“Did they do that to you?”

“Uh, yeah. It’s okay, bruises fade,” his voice cracked slightly.

I heard some voices coming from down the hall, and we both looked up. Xiumin’s eyes got huge and he hid behind me.
“Um, can we just pretend that I’m not here?” he asked in a small voice.

“Are those the guys?” I asked as I looked them up and down. They were nothing special, just a couple guys, all shorter than me of course. The one walking in the front of the group noticed me.

Xiumin had pressed himself as close to my back as he could, so I felt his nod. “Yes.”

The guy in front walked over to me. “Out of my way, stupid giant,” he said as he pushed past me.

I grabbed his wrist. “I don’t appreciate name calling,” I said, voice steady.

“Don’t touch me!” he shouted, and he ripped his arm out of my grasp. “Hey wait, is that a fat little baozi I see behind you?” he asked, smirking at the lump cowering into my back.

“Hey, don’t talk to him like that!” I said, delivering a sharp slap to his cheek. “Apologize.”

“I don’t apologize to baozis. And how dare you touch me again? Do you want to die? Let’s go, right here, right now,” he spread his arms out wide and walked to the middle of the hall. His buddies giggled in an extremely un manly way.

I laughed darkly. “Let’s go.”

“Please don’t! Chanyeol! Don’t fight them! Jongin, can’t you just leave us alone? Can we do this some other time?” Xiumin begged, grabbing my waist, trying to prevent me from fighting them. Too bad I was dead set on whooping this punk’s . I easily shrugged him off.

“Bring it on, buddy,” I said, marching over to where Jongin was standing. He threw a punch, but I easily dodged it. I let him throw a few more, lower his confidence a bit. I was not expecting his last blow to hit home. His fist landed squarely on my stomach, making me wince.

“Oh, you’re asking for it!” I shouted, enraged, and raised my fist to hit him.

No one saw the head of sandy brown hair that jumped in the way. Surprised, I managed to slow down the path of my fist enough that it wouldn’t crush the small guy’s face, but I still hit him. He doubled over, holding his eye.

“OH MY GOSH. BAEKHYUN I’M SO SORRY!!” I shouted, and rushed over to my fallen roommate. I pulled him up, expecting his eye to be red and starting to swell, but it looked fine.

“Yah, pabo, it’s not nice to punch your roommate!” he smiled, quickly reassuring me that he was okay. “And you guys, what are you still doing here? Go take a hike.”

Jongin looked like he was going to object, but apparently thought better of it. He waved at his buddies and they walked away, shooting us dirty looks.

“Are you okay?” a nervous voice asked. I jumped, having forgotten that Xiumin was still behind me.

Baekhyun laughed warmly. “It takes more than that to break me.” He smirked.

“Are you sure you’re okay? I hit you pretty hard!” I asked, concerned. Crap, I just punched my roomy. Good job Chanyeol. *sigh*

“I’m sure. See? My eye isn’t even red, is it?” he asked.

“No, but you’re eyeliner is a little shmired,” Xiumin said, pointing at the tiny corner that had been smudged.

“NO! MY EYELINER! Does anyone have a mirror?” he asked, almost spazzing.

“Dude, relax, it’s just eyeliner!” I laughed.

“You just wouldn’t understand!” he responded, pouting and looking incredibly like a puppy again.

“Here, I’ll help you!” Xiumin offered, and carefully wipped away the smudge away.

“Thanks man.”

“You sure are one strange pup,” I mused, and Baek just rolled his eyes.

“Pup?” Xiumin asked.

“Never mind, it’s just a nickname.”

“Hey Xiumin? Are you okay? I mean with those guys and everything, don’t take anything they say seriously,” Baekhyun said, casting a worried glance at the shorter boy.

“I’ll be fine, I’m used to it,” he said, smiling at us. Even with the smile though, he looked sad.

“Aw honey, don’t let those bullies bother you!” Baekhyun Xiumin’s arm. Not only was he a puppy, but he was a mother too. Who knew?

“Hey, let’s go eat,” I suggested, and Baekhyun nodded. We began to walk away when we noticed that Xiumin wasn’t following us. I glanced back at him, and saw him still standing in the same spot, looking longingly at us.

“Hey, you coming or what?” I asked, and his face brightened.

“Really?” he asked.

“Yeah of course!” I answered, and he skipped cutely over to us, linking his arms through both of ours and began dragging us towards what I was assuming was the exit.

School hasn’t even started and I already had two friends.

And it felt great.



 

 

AN: HEY GUESS GUESS WHAT. SURPRISE UPDAAAATE~ I wasn't going to update until later, but I got this one done and edited all the way and I love you guys so I had to post it~ But I'm serious now, the next few updates may take a while to get to. TT.TT

I HATE doing this to Xiumin, but I had to pick somebody, and I think Xiumin fits the best... So yeah, MORE PEEPS INTRODUCED:

Minseok (Xiumin): HERE

Jongin (Kai): HERE

 

Just FYI, I like using their real names, (at least at first) and then sometimes sticking with them, and other times going to their nicknames. Cuz I'm weird like that.

OMG just realized that in both fanfics I updated today, their was a bully scene... WHY BRAIN, WHY?! I don't even know. Cuz I'm a horrible person and addicted to drama in stories? Probably.

I got an upvote already. WHAT. SARANGHAE WHOEVER DID THAT. Like asdfghjkl I've never recieved one this early in a story and I feel loved~ Keep it up! ^.^ Please?

TO ALL YOU SUBS. THANK YOU.

Long AN is long, Mianhae.

PLEASE LEAVE ME COMMENTS AND I WILL GIVE YOU A VIRTUAL HUG CUZ I LOVE YOU. I really do. *hugs*