CHAPTERNINE

Birds of the Same Feather

{ Trauma }

 

[ 8:00 pm  In Jiyeon & Luna's Dorm ]

 

Jiyeon sat infront of the television as she turned the television on. It was playing the cartoon network channel. Jiyeon did not notice it as she was deep in thoughts. She was staring blankly at the cartoons playing on the television. As she rarely sees or watches cartoon in her life, it caught much attention of Luna as she furrowed her eyebrows and monitored Jiyeon.

Jiyeon sat on the sofa, motionlessly, her eyes pinned onto the television. She was not talking at all, she was silent throughout that minute. Luna bit her lips as she shook her head and went and sat beside Jiyeon on the sofa.

"Are you like hooked up to cartoons now? I never expected a i-hate-cartoon girl to suddenly fall in love with cartoons." Luna as Jiyeon shook her head profusely, snapping out of thoughts as she regained her state of mind and changed the channel to the news channel. She then turned around to see Luna shooking her head in disappointment.

"Wae unnie?" Jiyeon asked weakily.

Luna grabbed her hands and wrapped her fingers around her hand, "Tell me what's on your mind. It's obvious you are troubled. Is something troubling you recently?" Luna asked her curiously.

Jiyeon bit her lips as she poured it out. "Actually, you know Luhan? My Course senior. He is Chanyeol-sshi's dorm mate, and he told me that Chanyeol is growing feelings for me. He says Chanyeol worries for me, and I also think so too. When I told him about it, he became quiet and acting surprisingly awkward after I talked to him about it." Jiyeon said.

She let off a sigh and added on, "I think he might really have feelings for me.." Jiyeon said.

"Really?! It can't be, right?" Luna said in disbelief.

"I don't really think he have feelings for me yet, but I'm sure he will, in a matter of time." Jiyeon explained. "He also asked me out to visit the mountains this weekend... and I accepted it." Jiyeon said.

"What, why!? Are you insane? Perhaps an idiot?! Why did you accept it? You'll give him false hopes and you will make him fall in love with you even more!" Luna lectured her.

Jiyeon retorted back, "He said we'll be acting like close friends then, and he promised not to develop any feelings for me. Moreover, he sounded so desperate in his texts, I couldn't have that heart to just reject him like that. He also asks me out because he knew that I love coming in contact with nature and doing nature sports." 

Luna shook her head in denial as she stood up. She paced back and forth infront of Jiyeon as she keep murmuring to herself. She then sat back down and shook Jiyeon frantically.

"This is wrong, Jiyeon. How are you going to deal with it? Chanyeol will surely fall in love with you during the trip! This can't go on like that! You got to..." Luna said, but Jiyeon interrupted her.

"I know, but I can't possibly avoid him. It will make me even more awkward to talk to him anymore and I also don't want to strain this friendship with him. He's a nice guy, I can go out and play with him, just that I know my boundaries and I won't do anything with him, and I'll really try my best not to make him fall in love with me." Jiyeon persuaded.

Luna was unconvinced as she folded her arms and crossed her legs. Letting off sighs of disappointment, she turned around and her back faced Jiyeon as she shook her head in disappointment.

Jiyeon could feel that Luna was infuriated by her actions. She knew she was doing something crazy, and totally unacceptable. "Unnie... Mianhe, but I don't really want to make him down too. He's just my close friend, I promise." Jiyeon said.

"Alright Alright! You can go, but no staying overnight with him. Also, don't you dare initiate or participate in any skinship with him. If I find out, you gotta cut contacts with him. You also must tell Myungsoo about this, I don't want you to keep Myungsoo in dark about this." Luna said.

"But... he'll feel sad to know Chanyeol is gonna like me. And also, Chanyeol does not love me yet..." Jiyeon said.

"He will eventually." Luna replied back, rolling her eyes as she walked away and used her computer to relieve the stress in her.

Jiyeon sighed as she stared at the recent new message from Chanyeol.

To: Jiyeon

See you then! :)

Jiyeon bit her lips and replied

To: Chanyeol

See you, friend.

 

[ 8:00 am Saturday, In Dorm ]

 

Jiyeon got called up from her sleep by her vibrating phone as she pulled herself up from the bed and with her small, half-closed eyes, she looked at the caller ID. It was from Myungsoo. Jiyeon yawned and picked the call up as she rubbed her eyes dreamily. She use her hoarse voice and greeted Myungsoo on the phone.

"Myungie oppa, wae?"

(Ji Ji Babe!)

"I didn't know you start calling me by that JiJi name. But it's cute and I love it."

(Your voice is so hoarse! Haha, wanna join me for lunch? I am at the school coffee shop, and I am all alone. Can you accompany for breakfast?)

Jiyeon suddenly thought of the trip to the Mountain with Chanyeol as she thought of telling it to Myungsoo, maybe bringing Myungsoo along would be a better idea. She replied back with a "yes" as both of them bid their farewells on their phone before hanging up as Jiyeon hurriedly got down from the bed. 

Luna was already awoke, she was doing her project on her computer as she wore her big, black round glasses. She then turned around and asked Jiyeon for her plans for the day as Jiyeon told her about bringing Myungsoo along. 

"Well, that's so much better than you going alone with Chanyeol. Maybe by bringing Myungsoo along, Chanyeol will only regard you as a friend, provided if he's a normal person." Luna said, giving Jiyeon a thumbs up.

Jiyeon smiled brightly as she skipped to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. "Ah, why didn't I think of that from the start! If not, I could have slept so much better last night, not needing to worry over the trip..." Jiyeon mumbled to herself as she hit herself on the head.

 

"Oppa!" Jiyeon called out from behind as she ran across to take a seat across him on the table. 

"Hello jiji babe~" Myungsoo greeted cheerfully. Jiyeon was beaming with smiles today as she was constantly smiling at Myungsoo as both of them had their random conversation. All of the sudden, Jiyeon's phone rang.

(Yobosaeyo?)

"Jiyeon-ah, where are we meeting hm?"

(Oh Chanyeol-sshi, you can come to the school cafe. I am at there.)

"Alright, see you there!"

"Chanyeol?" Myungsoo said, with a tinge of displeasure. 

Jiyeon smirked at him as she held her hands tightly but Myungsoo shoved it off. He crossed his arms as he turned his body around, his eyes looking elsewhere as he wore a frown on his face. He was simply unpleased to hear Jiyeon and Chanyeol conversing on the phone.

He also knew that Chanyeol and Jiyeon are probably going out together. Myungsoo was unaware of that, and his hatred to be kept in the dark made him jealous of Chanyeol. He sulked as he stuck out his tongue at Jiyeon, while Jiyeon raised her brows and chuckled upon seeing Myungsoo's jealousy. 

"Jealous pabo." Jiyeon hissed at him as she kicked his legs.

"Crazy. Why am I even jealous of him? He's just not for you." Myungsoo said.

"Why not? I mean, he's adorable and TALL. He's also pretty good looking. Actually, to be honest... he's hot." Jiyeon lied as she wore a huge smile as she rest her head on her arms.

Myungsoo gasped in shock as he shook his head in disappointment. He wanted to leave his seat initially but he simply turned his body to the other side, his back facing her as he pretended to throw a fit. 

The sight of Myungsoo being jealous was too cute for Jiyeon to handle as she covered and laughed continuously. It was only for the next 3 minutes of hostile silence from Myungsoo when Jiyeon leaned to the table as her hands reached out for his shoulders as she gently tapped on them. Myungsoo turned around, giving her the disgusted look as he raised his brows.

"You're following too pabo. I am gonna bring you along, so don't ever think I'm cheating on you for Chanyeol-sshi." Jiyeon said as Myungsoo continued sulking.

Jiyeon nudged her arms now and pleaded him for forgiveness. 

"At least you are bringing me along.." Myungsoo said, a smile crept upon his lips.

 

"Jiyeon-sshi!" Chanyeol called out. He was smiling angelically until the smile was gone upon seeing Myungsoo sitting across Jiyeon. He then forced another smile at Jiyeon as he approached the table as he waved at Myungsoo. "Annyeong, Myungsoo-sshi." Chanyeol greeted in a low tone.

"Hi, Chanyeol-sshi!" Myungsoo said as Jiyeon waved at him with a smile.

"I'm bringing Myungsoo along.. You won't mind, won't you?" Jiyeon asked.

"Ah, sure I won't mind that." Chanyeol said, forcing another smile. He was feeling weird. He was normally fine with Myungsoo and Jiyeon being together, but after since Jiyeon asked him for his feelings, he somehow felt different towards Jiyeon. He felt nervous in front of him, yet he wants to spend time together with her and have fun with her.

He always look forward to see her, ever since the first meeting. There is just something in her that makes him feel as if she is someone very close to him. 

 

[ 10:30 a.m. In Bukhansan Mt. Nature Park ]

 

"Oh, Jiyeon there's a fair here!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he jumped in joy.

"haha, like a child." Jiyeon as Chanyeol continued b with smiles as he ran about in the open area, running around in circles while Myungsoo shook his head and wrapped his arms around hers. "You're mine." Myungsoo warned her.

Jiyeon smirked at him as both of them walked into the fair. The fair was conjested by many locals and several tourists. Filled with laughters, joy, and much talking amongst the people, Jiyeon, Chanyeol and Myungsoo walked into the crowd, being in between them, as they constantly get pushed and shoved aside by the incoming and passing crowd. 

They saw many spectacular stores in the fair, there were some selling clothes, stylish and non-stylish. There were also pottery for sale, some accessories, sovenirs and even books. Chanyeol and Jiyeon was eyeing on every books at the book stall as they eagerly flipped through the display books on the stall, while Myungsoo stood beside Jiyeon, yawning as he looked around at the crowd.

"What is this. Going here in such a crowded day. ugh." Myungsoo mumbled under his breath.

Just then, Chanyeol called Jiyeon over as he showed to her a Chemistry book. Jiyeon's eyes were glittering in anticipation as she ran beside Chanyeol as both of them shared the book, reading the back covers and the contents of the book.

Myungsoo shook his head at the sight of Jiyeon. "I am so so so jealous." Myungsoo mumbled softly as he pouted.

As the crowd soon splitted into half, there was a sudden temporary gap in the fair. Myungsoo was able to see the stalls across him, which was around a few metres away. His eyes caught attention of the tall girl, wearing a plain white top and a blue long skirt, as he wore a straw hat as she smiled at him angelically as she waved her hands at him.

 

"B..Bae Suzy.." he muttered as he recognized that girl. Suzy was there, waving at him.

"How the hell did she.." Myungsoo cursed under his breath as he hurriedly left Jiyeon behind, hoping to catch Suzy and scold the hell out of her.

"Bae Suzy!" Myungsoo angrily shouted. 

"Annyeong, oppa." Suzy said, smiling. 

"You , you stalked us all the way here?" Myungsoo asked her.

"I am afraid to say, but yeah. You have a problem? You're obviously seeing that ! Would you look at that? She's obviously liking that Chanyeol! She and him have this common interest, and they are probably hitting on each other.. I wonder what do you see in that , that you decided to cheat on me... You're my namja you know." Suzy sternly hissed at him.

"Are you out of your mind?!" Myungsoo yelled at her. He raised his arms, intending to give her a slap while Suzy grabbed on his hand tightly. Her sharp nails pinched Myungsoo's skin as she pushed his hands away.

"If I don't get you, she won't get you. I will do whatever it means to have you back to me, which is what you should always be. BESIDE ME FOREVER." Suzy shouted at him as she smacked his chest repeatedly. 

Myungsoo held onto her hands as he pushed her onto the ground, pointing his fingers at her, "She's not a . You are. Also, if you dare touch her, even a strand of her hair, you'll get the hell out of me. She's my girl, and I am her namja. I broke up with you, need I clarify it?!" Myungsoo shouted back at her, stomping off as he saw Chanyeol and Jiyeon laughing together. 

He felt a tinge of sadness in his heart as she heard Suzy screaming at him.

" alert"

His heart was boiling in fury, as he clenched his fists. He took huge breaths in before moving back to Jiyeon, as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Are you all done?" Myungsoo whined.

"Wait a minute, Myungie, Chanyeol found this really great book!" Jiyeon said. 

"I'll buy it. We'll read it together someday, alright?" Chanyeol said.

Jiyeon nodded her head as he eagerly went to pay for the book. 

"You surely is getting close to him..." Myungsoo whispered into her ears. Jiyeon looked at him and pecked his lips, "I am close to him, but I only will forever acknowledge him as my best guy friend." Jiyeon assured him as Myungsoo kissed her back passionately for a few seconds as they separated their lips while Myungsoo had his arms around her tiny waist.