CHAPTERTHREE

Birds of the Same Feather

{ The Flower Boys }

 

[ 10:00 am In The Lecture Hall ]

 

The lecturer's monotonous voice drained through the students' ears as he continue teaching more and more complex facts. He was switching his powerpoint slides at a rapid sped as his voice was echoed throughout the hall. 

Many students were put to sleep by his uninteresting, monotonous voice, but the lecture still kept on going. Myungsoo and Jiyeon was sitting with each other again, as Myungsoo had his head resting on Jiyeon's shoulders. His eyes were on the verge of shutting off as the eyes grew smaller and smaller. The lecturer's voice ringed into his ears as he soon dozed off.

Jiyeon turned her head around to see Myungsoo's angelic sleeping face as she could not resist it, but to smile upon sight. She then looked back at the powerpoint, diligently jotting down notes onto her lecture book as she paid much attention to the lecturer. 

The lecture went smoothly for the next 30 minutes. The students were either half asleep, sleeping or eagerly paying attention to the lecturer and jotting down important notes on their lecture book. The students were basically like robots, programming in a out-dated fashionably manner, copying down notes and listening to the lecturer were done simultaneously. 

Myungsoo's head was swaying up and down Jiyeon's chest all the while, as his head suddenly plunged down, hitting his head onto the side of the chair with a thud, pulling him out of the sleep as he stood up immediately.

The thud was loud, attracting attention from almost everybody in the lecture hall. Their eyes were now all on him. Some gave the disgusted glare, while some chuckled upon sight. The lecturer shook his head in disappointment, soon continuing with his lecture.

"Are you alright? Myungie?" Jiyeon muttered to him, nudging his shoulders.

"Ah... I'm alright. It sure is embarrassing." Myungsoo replied back, forcing a wide smile on his face as he lowered his head, staring at his lecture book in embarrassment.

Jiyeon giggled softly as she went back paying attention to the lecture.

 

After the lecture, Myungsoo pulled Jiyeon out of the hall hastily. As he left the lecture hall, he took a huge breath in as he let off a sigh of relief. "That was really so so so embarrasing." Myungsoo commented, bitting his lips in embarrassment.

"You still haven't got over it?" Jiyeon said, shooking her head in disbelief.

"Of course I haven't. It's the most embarrassing thing ever happened in the lecture hall alright. My image is tarnished now." He said, shooking his head. "I think I need to improve my image." Myungsoo added on, as he remained silent, having wild thoughts.

Jiyeon smirked and snapped him out of his thoughts as she said to him, "It's alright. You're my myungie, no one's gonna gossip or talk about you in a negative way. If they ever do, they probably should run for their life." 

Myungsoo winked at her as he wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her to the university park. 

Both of them sat onto the soft green grass, as Jiyeon placed her head on Myungsoo's shoulders, while Myungsoo placed his hands around her waist, as both of them were staring into blank space. The park was quiet. There were students passing by and talking along way, but the overall atmosphere was serene. 

Tranquility took control over them as Myungsoo started humming a melody. Jiyeon followed along with his melody. Both of them were humming the common melody until Myungsoo slowly leaned his face towards her face and pecked her cheeks. Jiyeon pushed him aside as he fell onto the ground, lying flat on the grass. 

Jiyeon placed her head down at Myungsoo's chest, lying on him as well. "Ah this is great..." Jiyeon said as she started glazing at the clouds on the sky. 

The fluffy white clouds hung on the sky. There were different variations in size, and the clouds were trying a masterpiece. "Those looks like white powder scattered all over the ground.." Jiyeon commented as she pointed to the dispersed cloud on the sky. Myungsoo smiled and nodded his head.

Both of them started examining the cloud as Myungsoo then pointed to a cloud. "That looks like a cat isn't it? There are also whiskers on it, and the triangular shaped ears..." Myungsoo commented as Jiyeon chuckled, agreeing with him. "It's so cute... and adorable." She added on, grinning widely at the cat-shaped cloud.

"But you're more cute." Myungsoo opposed to her. "And that's true. No lies." Myungsoo affirmed her as Jiyeon smiled and pecked his lips. Jiyeon's smile was beaming and captivating as Myungsoo pinched her cheeks.

"Love you too. You're my sunshine." Myungsoo said as both of them were staring at each other mesmerisingly.

 

"So... did you go back home?" Myungsoo asked curiously as both of them were strolling back to the building. 

Jiyeon's smile turned into a frown upon hearing. "Why should I ever go home anyway? It's not like they need me or something. They don't even care how well I'm coping with studies. They only want good grades and a degree from me, so that they can have bragging rights in front of my relatives." Jiyeon replied back, crossing her arms.

"But... after all they are your family. Your mother and father. After all, the children should always be filial to their parents for bringing you up all these years." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon let off a sigh as she turned around. "Myungie. Please don't talk about my family. My ears hurt whenever I hear about them. Regardless of whatever it is." Jiyeon pleaded as she walked away. 

Myungsoo sighed. This is the obstacle in their relationship. Family. Jiyeon does not like her family, yet Myungsoo was assigned to improve Jiyeon's relationship with her family, all under the favour by Jiyeon's older brother, who is currently residing in England, UK. Jiyeon was well-groomed and blessed ever since birth in a prestigious family. 

Her family compromises of top surgeons and well-educated people. Jiyeon was brought up strictly, her grades were everything in the family. Her family sees her grades only. They did not really bother much of her personal life. Jiyeon would only have education as a topic with her parents. In times of relationship issues, they were not much of a help.

With her irresponsible brother leaving the family for England, there was nothing much Jiyeon could confide to when she have any social issues. She has been struggling with her own life all these while. Her grades were all taken care by her parents. Jiyeon would always lock herself up in her own room at home, studying non-stop during high school and middle school. 

Myungsoo have always been trying his best to break this barrier between her and the family. Ever since Jiyeon left the family to go to the university, their relationship have plunged deep down. Jiyeon had never talked to them over this year. Never.

 

Jiyeon turned her head around to see no one behind her. "Probably gone." She muttered to herself as she sighed. "What am I gonna do for the rest of the lunch break. An hour to go." Jiyeon said as she took out her book from her bag, intending to read it. 

Her eyes wandered around in search for a bench. She spotted one, but as she walked towards it, she saw a familiar figure walking towards her. He was tall, well-built and had a beautiful, pretty cute face as he was engrossed in reading his book, entitled "Amazing Chemistry". 

She gasped upon sight. "That man from the field trip. He saw me and Myungie having ." She said to herself as she immediately ducked her head down but her books crashed onto the ground. 

"Oh my god." Jiyeon cursed under her breath as she wanted to bend down to take her book. Her book was picked up by someone else as she looked up to see the young man, giving her book as he flashed a bright smile at her. 

She bit her lips in embarrassment as she accepted the book. The young man widened his eyes as he saw her face. He began furrowing his eyebrows as he thought deeply. He then pointed to her, "You're the girl.. in that forest with another guy." He said to her.

Jiyeon gasped as she slowly nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm sorry to let you see me and him doing something... that might be awkward to you to see." Jiyeon apologized.

The man scratched the back of his neck and giggled. "Nah, it's fine. It's no biggie. Anyway, you all are already legal to do it." The young man said, smiling at her. 

"How do you know we are already legal?" Jiyeon asked curiously. 

"Well, I saw you guys together in the campus before. And... I know your names, since you're pretty well-known in school, along with Myungsoo. You're Park Jiyeon, if I'm right?" The young man answered.

Jiyeon smiled. "And you..?" She asked.

"I'm Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol." He said, placing his hand out for a warm handshake.

Jiyeon smiled. "You're pretty good-looking anyway. Nice meeting you." Jiyeon said politely as her eyes caught the sight of the book, "Amazing Chemistry". 

"Oh, you read this book too?" Jiyeon pointed out.

"Ah yeah, I love this book a lot. Maybe you can call me a chemistry geek." Chanyeol replied, looking at his book. 

"You know what, I have the same book as you." Jiyeon said as she took out the same book from her bag. "This Dr. Williams is my favourite scientist. His books are really interesting and informative. I enjoy reading them as much as you do." Jiyeon added on.

Chanyeol chuckled as he said, "Care to take a seat with me?" 

Jiyeon slowly forced a smile and nodded her head.

"I hope your boyfriend won't mind." Chanyeol said shyly. 

Jiyeon looked at him and shook her head. "He won't. He's pretty understanding. I remember once I went to study with a male classmate, he totally did not suspect me and him at all. It's quite a surprise of him. I thought he'd be freaking out over it, but guess he's really one of a kind, in a good way of course." Jiyeon replied, as a smile crept upon her lips. 

"You really love him a lot don't you? It's great, you two are pretty together, both crazy visuals." Chanyeol commented. 

"Thanks, and you look good as well, I'm sure you have a good-looking girlfriend, am I right?" Jiyeon guessed.

"Ani, I don't have one. Wish I have one, but studies is my main priority currently." Chanyeol replied.

Jiyeon nodded her head, agreeing with him. "I agree. I used to have my studies as my only thing I'll do in the University. But... I never expected things to turn out this way. I found myself a hot boyfriend that also loves me dearly. But my life is truly a blessing now." Jiyeon said, letting off a sigh of relief.

"You are one lucky girl though. Many girls in my class adores your boyfriend." Chanyeol said.

"Guess I am. But my life is like revolves around him. Without him, my life is incomplete." Jiyeon added on.

"You're right. Love is surely one amazing thing." Chanyeol said, agreeing with her.

"But anyway, fancy meeting you. Hope to see you around the campus soon. I've gotta go back for lecture. See ya around." Jiyeon said, leaving him behind as Chanyeol waved at her goodbye.

 

[ 4:00p.m. After Lecture ] 

 

Jiyeon walked out of the lecture hall alone as she glazed at her watch as she let off a dreadful sigh. She sat on the bench outside the lecture hall as she started wondering about Myungsoo's absence in the lecture hall.

Hoya, Myungsoo's friend was also in the same course as them. Hoya was walking out of the lecture hall with his friends. Chatting loudly and playing along with his friends, his eyes caught the sight of Jiyeon as he immediately walked away from his friends and went straight up to Jiyeon. Jiyeon was puzzled as she stare at Hoya curiously.

"Wae?" She asked.

"Where have you been?! Do you know that Myungsoo have been looking for you all these while? He have skipped this lecture because of you! He had called me to seek for my help, but I couldn't as I was busy that moment." Hoya said. 

Jiyeon's eyes widened in shock as she stood up. "Is he still searching for me? I couldn't answer his calls as my phone battery was flat for the entire day." Jiyeon explained.

"I guess he's probably at the park, searching for you." Hoya said as Jiyeon immediately ran out of the building, making her way to the park with a fast speed. 

 

Jiyeon went into the park, as she immediately saw Myungsoo walking frantically, his eyes wandering about aimlessly. He then soon saw Jiyeon and stopped on the spot. A grin was formed in his lips as Jiyeon walked towards him. 

"You pabo. Why didn't you just go for the lecture? You know I'm those sort that will never skip a lecture session in my entire life." Jiyeon said, poking his stomach as Myungsoo pulled her in for a hug.

"I'm worried about you. I'm sorry for making you worry. But as long as I find you, my mind is at ease. You have NO IDEA how much I freaked out when i lost you." Myungsoo explained.

"Did I really walked that far away from you?" Jiyeon asked curiously.

"I probably thought too much until I lost you. But I'm truly sorry for talking about your family matter again. I should have known that you are still sensitive over this issue. But I hope time will heal your wound with your family." 

"I should be sorry instead. I shouldn't just leave you like that. I'm sorry..." Jiyeon denied as Myungsoo tightened the hug, never wanting to leave her again.

 


Here's the update for the day, anyway. :) 

Hope you guys enjoy it and pardon me for any english errors. hehe

Woop woop. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE IF YOU HAVEN'T! And share your thoughts please, please please by commenting.