CHAPTERFOUR

Birds of the Same Feather

{ Love and Friends }

 

[ 10:00 am In Jiyeon  & Luna's Dorm ]

 

It was the weekend again. 1 week had passed by like a breeze and Jiyeon was now lying on her bed. The alarm clock was ringing profusely, booming the room with her loud music. Luna was not in the dorm as she had already left the dorm, and went home to stay during the weekend. The curtain covered the windows as the room was dimly lit up. 

The alarm clock continued ringing but Jiyeon's eyes did not flinch an inch. The alarm clock rang and rang for the next 2 minutes until Jiyeon pulled herself up and shut the alarm clock off. She let out a loud yawn as she looked around the dorm. Deadly silent. Pindrops could be heard as Jiyeon stare into blank space. 

Regaining her conscious and mental mind, she picked herself up from the bed, went down the ladder, with a thud onto the ground as she went into the toilet to brighten herself up. 

She came out of the bathroom and slowly dragged her feet to her desk as her hands gently caressed the book on the table. It was entitled Amazing Chemistry and Jiyeon could not help but to reminisce about the first proper meeting with Chanyeol. His similar characteristics and his beautiful eyes and smile really gave her a strong impression on him.

She soon snapped out of her thoughts when she received a phone call from Myungsoo.

"Yobosaeyo Myungie oppa?"

(Are you in your dorm now?)

"Yeah, you?"

(Mhm, I am in my dorm as well.. It's pretty boring here. Hoya's mugging for the upcoming semestral exams, and I don't even want to study with him, since he'd blast music on his ipod, and he practically studies really hard. It's intimidating.)

"Really? Hahahaha, I knew it though. So, do you wanna meet up to study? Perhaps, in the school library?"

(Thats a swell idea. I'd be there in 10 minutes.)

"Alright. I'll get there now. See ya~"

 

Jiyeon then packed her books. Her hands stopped at the Amazing Chemistry book as she thought of wanting to bring it along with her. The problem is, she does not need the book now, since she is not doing any chemistry-related modules. She thought for a while, but her hands naturally took grip of it and placed it in between the books as she set off for the school library.

She took a seat at a study table beside the glass window as she stare into the scenery outside. Students were like ants in her view, moving about in random directions. She glazed at that sight for a while, as she seemed so interested in the lives of the people outside. She wondered how lives could be for them. Like her, busy or like no one else, free like never?

It only took another few minutes before Myungsoo snapped at her, flashing at her a beautiful, captivating smile, showing his pearly white teeth as he placed his books down and took a seat quietly, as he held onto her hands tightly.

"I really miss you so much babe." Myungsoo said, frowning. "You will have NO IDEA how crazy I am yesterday, I've been missing you real badly," Myungsoo added on, frowning deeply.

Jiyeon leaned towards him and pecked his lips. "Now that I'm here, lets treasure this moment alright? Study now." Jiyeon said as Myungsoo nodded his head eagerly.

They both started studying. They were revising the same module as Myungsoo was busy reading the lecture book. In contrast, Jiyeon took several reference books and made some research to the reference books, while jotting down notes on the lecture book as she flipped and read through the several pages on the reference book. Jiyeon's eyes were pinned onto the lecture and reference book throughout the next hour, while Myungsoo took occasional toilet breaks and entertainment breaks. 

"Ahh... This is boring as ever." Myungsoo complained as he stretched his arms, raising his arms high. "I really hate hate hate studying. And you are nothing better than Hoya, mugger." Myungsoo whined. 

Jiyeon chuckled at his action as she pinched his cheeks. "Sorry, but I couldn't help it. Studying is my forte." Jiyeon joked, laughing softly while Myungsoo ran to sat on Jiyeon's lap.

Jiyeon was caught aback as her eyes widened in shock as she tried to shove Myungsoo aside. Myungsoo remained sitting on her lap, his legs were now practically wrapping her waist as he rest his head on her shoulders. He buried his head in her hair as Jiyeon's hands travelled around his back. 

Murmurs amongst students and several commotions could be heard then as Jiyeon's eyes wandered about to see some female students watching them with disgusted looks on their faces. Jiyeon then pushed Myungsoo down from her as she hit her arm playfully. "What are we doing?!" She muttered to him.

"We're on the verge of having ." Myungsoo teased, gaining some slaps from Jiyeon on her arm.

"Get back studying, you -deprived myungie." Jiyeon hissed at him as Myungsoo abided by her orders and went to study. 

 

 

Jiyeon and Myungsoo was walking out of the library, hands interlocked with each other as Jiyeon removed from his grip slowly. "Umm, Myungie oppa, I've gotta go meet Luna at the cafe. We're going to go out afterwards, you.. you wanna tag along?" Jiyeon asked curiously.

"Uh, it's alright. I'll just get a rest at my dorm and use the computer. I'm tired anyway." Myungsoo said, forcing a smile while he waved goodbye and walked away.

Jiyeon then hurriedly ran to the cafe to be received a phone call from Luna.

"Yobosaeyo? Luna-ah?"

(Jiyeon, my apologies but I'm still having my project discussion. I'm afraid I won't be able to join you since I guess this discussion will drag throughout the night. My apologies!)

"Ah... if that's the case.. It's alright." 

Luna hung up the call as Jiyeon took a seat at the bench. Carrying her bag and a few books on her hand, she let off a sigh as she stare at her phone. Scrolling down through the contacts, she stopped at Myungsoo's number. However, her finger hesitated to press his contact, as she thought deeply. *I think he probably had fixed his own events..* Jiyeon thought.

"Oh, Jiyeon-sshi?" Someone called out.

Jiyeon turned her head to see Chanyeol smiling widely at her. He was carrying his backpack while having his Amazing Chemistry book on his hands. He ran and sat beside Jiyeon as he looked at her, "Finished lessons?" He asked her.

Jiyeon shook her head, replying to him, "Ani.. There isnt any lessons today. Just finished studying in the library. But now... I aint doing anything. I don't know what to do now." Jiyeon chuckled as she looked at her phone.

"Your boyfriend?" Chanyeol asked.

"Ah, he was studying with me just now. But I was supposed to meet Luna today, she then called me saying she would not make it there, so now I'm alone. What should I do, Chanyeol-sshi?" Jiyeon said, pouting.

"You are cute." Chanyeol commented.

"Oh?" Jiyeon uttered, as her eyes widened in curiousity. 

"Ah, just saying. Anyway, shall we go out to have some fun? Since I have finished my make-up classes and you are free, why not have a trip to the park? I know of a beautiful park in Seoul. It's easy to get there and its really breath-taking." Chanyeol said.

Jiyeon thought for a while and replied with a nod.

 

They both soon arrived to the park. Chanyeol began taking out his huge camera from his back, which sparked much curiosity from Jiyeon. Jiyeon pointed at the camera as she asked him, "You sure love taking pictures.." 

Chanyeol nodded his head and replied, "Yeah, everytime I go out to parks, or anywhere outside, I would always bring my camera to take pictures, as form of capturing beautiful moments and memories." 

Jiyeon nodded her head in understanding as both of them walked into the park. After strolling for a couple of minutes, Jiyeon broke the awkward silence and asked, "So... Chanyeol, do you have a girlfriend before? Or have you ever loved somebody in your life so far?"

"Um... to be honest, nope." Chanyeol replied briefly.

Jiyeon gasped in shock. "Reeaaally?" She uttered, her fingers touching as she could not believe his words. 

"Yeah, really. I never loved or dated someone. You can say I am a hardworking boy from young. I always studied a lot, in elementary, middle and high school. Never really had much friends, except some. I rarely talked to the girls in my class, neither did they bother with me. There were also girls trying to get close to me, simply for my looks, but I think they soon shunned me because I shoved them off." Chanyeol explained. "Jiyeon-sshi, how about you?" Chanyeol asked.

"Myungsoo's my first love." Jiyeon said shyly. She started playing with her fingers as the wind blew across her as her hair flew about gorgeously.

The sight was beautiful as Jiyeon's beauty enveloped Chanyeol as he immediately snapped at picture of her. Jiyeon gasped in shock as she turned around and covered her face in embarrassment.

"Oh my god, what was that for?" Jiyeon asked, shocked for words. "Oh my god, why did you capture me? I look terrible, didn't I?" Jiyeon asked again as she frowned deeply.

Chanyeol looked at the captured shot and smiled. "Nope, you look fine as usual." He said.

"Haha, alright then. But do you want to have your first love?" Jiyeon asked.

"Hmm, first love? I'm not sure. But I guess I'll let nature takes its course." Chanyeol replied.

"Oh, by the way, where have you stopped reading for the Amazing Chemistry?" Chanyeol asked eagerly.

Jiyeon giggled at him and replied, "If I'm not wrong, I guess its not the page on free radicals. That part was a little confusing though, but overall it's amazing as hell." 

Chanyeol nodded his head. "I've read that already. In fact, I'm in page 102, where they talk about the organic reaction mechanisms in detail." Chanyeol boasted as Jiyeon's jaws were hanging wide open.

"You sure read these stuff real quickly." Jiyeon said.

"Of course!" Chanyeol said. After walking for the 15 minutes, he then asked Jiyeon, "By any chance, did you bring the book?" 

Jiyeon then took the book out from her bag and flashed it at him. Chanyeol smiled brightly as both of them went to the bench and read their common favourite book, Amazing Chemistry.

It was for the next hour where Jiyeon and Chanyeol were sitting beside each other, Jiyeon's back was on Chanyeol's back as they faced sideways. Jiyeon placed her leg up and wrapped her hands around her legs, while flipping through the pages of the book, while Chanyeol crossed his leg and read the book eagerly.

Another hour passed, and dusk falls onto the park. Jiyeon shut the book tight as she let off a satisfactory yawn. "That was a interesting reading experience. The air here really smells so fresh." Jiyeon exclaimed, as she stretched her hands.

"I guess we better get moving back to the campus. Sun's already setting." Chanyeol commented as both of them hurriedly made their way back to the campus, and separating back into their own dorms.

 

[ 8:30p.m. In Jiyeon's & Luna's Dorm ]

 

Jiyeon swung the doors opened as her legs kicked the doors shut as she went to the sofa, tossing her bag onto the other side of the sofa as she plunged down onto the sofa. Resting there motionlessly, Luna walked out of the toilet as she was applying lotion on her face as she saw Jiyeon lying restlessly on the sofa.

"How was your day~" Luna asked.

"It was fine. It could been better if someone kept her promise." Jiyeon said as she added a tinge of anger in her voice. Luna chuckled as she sat beside her and the television. 

"Okay okay, it's my fault. Besides, I'm not the one to decide when the meeting ends." Luna explained. "Anyway, let's catch up alright? So.. hows Myungsoo." Luna asked.

"He's fine, we're still going strong as usual." Jiyeon replied back.

Luna nodded her head in envy. "I'm envious of you two. You two are really made for each other. But you guys are perfect match, so I'm not surprised by that." Luna said, munching on a chocolate bar.

"By the way where did you go then? I told you I couldn't make it, so what did you do instead?" Luna questioned her.

"Oh, I just went to a park with Chanyeol." Jiyeon.

"CHANYEOL? WOAH THATS A GUY IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING, OH MY GOD HE'S DEADLY CUTEEE!" Luna practically, spazzed over his name as she tugged onto Jiyeon's shoulders.

"But... wait... ARE YOU CHEATING ON MYUNGSOO WITH HIM?!?!" Luna shrieked.

"Ah, what are you talking about? I'm just on friendly terms with him. That's all, nothing else." Jiyeon said.

"Alright, you better make sure you or him don't fall for each other. Then... if not 's gonna get so real. But you're lucky to have hot guys, 1 as your boyfriend 1 as your friend. And also me, as your hot girl-bff." Luna said, flipping her hair.

"Eat your chocolate, will you?" Jiyeon said, poking her waist playfully.

 


Subscribe and give me YOUR THOUGHTS!

:)))