CHAPTERFIVE

Birds of the Same Feather

{ A Beautiful Trip Downtown }

 

[ 11:00 a.m.  In The Campus Main Entrance ]

 

Jiyeon stood outside the university, at the main entrance where the huge metal gates were positioned as she was carrying a pink bag, accompanied with shades. Dressed in full black, with a black cardigan, black tank top, and black shorts, she leaned her body against the high wall as she looked around aimlessly.

Passerbys pass by her one-by-one as Jiyeon stared at her watch and let off a sigh. 

"Mianhe!" Myungsoo called out, coming out with a black long-sleeve shirt, and a pair of skinny jeans. Wearing the necklace Jiyeon had bought for him, Jiyeon smiled as she touched the necklace on Myungsoo's neck. She smiled in sight as she interlocked her hands with Myungsoo as both of them went to the subway station.

Both of them were silently hugging each other as Myungsoo was leaning onto one corner of the rain as Jiyeon buried her head in his muscular chest as Myungsoo wrapped his arms around Jiyeon's waist as Jiyeon started looking at her phone, while taking pictures with him occasionally. They both alighted at Myeongdong station where they were faced by a wide, crowded streets.

Tourists were spotted holding onto bits and pieces of Seoul maps while the locals were walking and strolling about, carrying bags of purchased goods. There were also kids, some holding onto their mother's hands, while some expressed their happiness through running around the broad street platform. It was a beautiful sight. 

Jiyeon and Myungsoo strolled along the streets as Jiyeon occasionally stopped at the make-up parlours, to purchase several cosmetics. Jiyeon bought several clothes as well, as Myungsoo initiated his gentlemenly nature by offering to take her bags of purchased goods. Following about behind her, Jiyeon landed herself in a vintage shop where she spotted a couple boots. 

Jiyeon squealed in excitement seeing the boots lying on the floor as she picked them up, placing the man-sized boots in front of Myungsoo as she clapped her hands excitedly. "Myungie oppa, wear it now! I'm gonna wear this too!" Jiyeon squealed.

Jiyeon got her legs on the boots and Myungsoo wore them as well.

"Must I really wear them?" Myungsoo grumbled, hesitating to put his feet into the boots. 

"Yeah oppa! I'm sure it'd look good. It has the touch of manliness, yet it looks so trendy and amazing!" Jiyeon exclaimed as Myungsoo slowly wore them. 

Matching themselves with their beautiful couple boots, they took a look at themselves at the reflection as Jiyeon said to the saleslady, "Gomawo, we'll take this and please wrap our shoes up instead. We'll wear them now." 

Myungsoo gasped in sight. "Uhh, now?" He whined.

"Yeah, it's fine on you. Besides you are wearing jeans, any boots looks nice in jeans alright?" Jiyeon persuaded him as she handled the cash notes to the saleslady, whom returned her with paper bags containing their shoes.

 

"Alright, we have shopped a lot today. Can we get a bite for real?" Myungsoo complained.

"Arraso.." Jiyeon said. 

"Oh... Jiyeon?" Someone called out from behind.

Myungsoo and Jiyeon turned around as Chanyeol walked towards Jiyeon. "Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Myungsoo-sshi, I am Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol greeted, bowing at Myungsoo.

"Oh Chanyeol-sshi, what are you doing here?" Jiyeon asked.

"Ah, just shopping on my own." Chanyeol replied, smiling brightly. 

Myungsoo kept glaring at Chanyeol as he furrowed his eyebrows. That face, was vaguely familiar to Myungsoo as he scratched the back of his head, trying to remember where he saw him. He had this gut feeling that this is not the first time he saw him. Snapping out of his thoughts as he pointed, saying, "You are the guy that saw us doing that right? And also the guy whom woke us up when the bus arrived at the national park, aren't you? Am I right?" 

Chanyeol smiled and nodded. "Yeah, you have a brilliant memory." He said, smiling.

"You sure is a great guy, and my apologies for letting you see that thing that night." Myungsoo apologized as Chanyeol shook his head, replying "It's alright. No biggie." 

"Oh anyway you know Jiyeon?" Myungsoo asked curiously.

"Yeah, I met her in school." Chanyeol said.

"He's my friend. He's pretty hilarious and he also reads the same book as I do." Jiyeon explained.

"Oh really?" Myungsoo said, taking a brief glance at Chanyeol. 

"Oh Jiyeon-sshi, that store sells nice chemistry books!" Chanyeol suddenly pointed to a store behind them.

"Jinja, let's go see, Myungie oppa, lets go~" Jiyeon said, tugging onto his arm and pulling him to the book store where Chanyeol slowly walked to. 

The store was crowded as many people was browsing through the books on the shelves, and many people were crowding around the table of best seller books. Some people were silently reading the books as they stood beside the shelves, while some had their earpiece plugged into their ears, blasting music to their ears as they quietly and calmly read the books on display. 

Jiyeon and Chanyeol went to the chemistry section where they eagerly browsed through the books display. Myungsoo stood on a corner beside them as he looked around the bookstore aimlessly. The sight of people reading and studying in the bookstore, the sound of screeches on the book cover and the sounds of flipping pages made him feel terrible.

His heart was anxiously waiting to get out of here. Books were not his thing. He preferred using the computer to study, books are just a no-no for Kim Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo let off several yawns and sigh as he stared into blank space. Jiyeon and Chanyeol, however, was busy reading through epilogues of the book, and reading the cover and backcovers of the book. Eagerly browsing through the books, Jiyeon's eyes suddenly caught attention of the tired Myungsoo whom leaned his body against the shelves.

"Myungie oppa, you sure are tired seeing books hm?" Jiyeon asked.

"Ahh... it's fi..fine." Myungsoo lied.

"Liar, go upstairs and shop, we'll be staying here for a while. There's H&M, Zara, UNI QLO here, so go and have a look, at least it'd be much better staying at here, tiring yourself out." Jiyeon explained as Myungsoo nodded his head obediently.

He went upstairs, leaving Jiyeon and Chanyeol reading their books to their heart's content.

As he went up the escalator, a women's voice could be heard from behind. "Myungsoo oppa." The women's voice hummed into his ears.

Myungsoo's eyes widened in shock as he turned around. The familiar scent and the beautiful figure standing behind him on the escalator as she raised a beautiful smirk. 

"I've finally found you." The girl said, smiling.