CHAPTERFOURTEEN

Birds of the Same Feather

{ Heroes }

 

[ 5:00p.m. In the School Park ] 

 

"Myungie." Jiyeon called out as Myungsoo stopped infront of her. 

"What.." He replied back quietly. 

Jiyeon's fingers were trembling. "Do you believe me... if I said, I really had nothing to do with Chanyeol." Jiyeon said.

"I don't know." Myungsoo replied back coldly.

"I really have nothing to do with him, we're just friends." Jiyeon explained but Myungsoo let off a dreadful sigh.

"I think you just said to me about that just now. You've explained it a lot of times already, I'm tired. I need to go back to my dorm to finish my work." Myungsoo said, he was about to go but Jiyeon hugged him from his back, which Myungsoo's eyes widened in shock.

"Oppa, please believe me. I only love you the most." Jiyeon said, shedding tears on his jacket. Myungsoo bit his lips. He was urging to get back to her, he felt remorseful to ask for a break from the relationship earlier on. He regretted being suspicious of Jiyeon's and Chanyeol's relationship. He found out she is the one whom give him the motivation to live.

He sighed as both of them remained at that position for the next minute. Jiyeon sniffed repeatedly as Myungsoo spun her around. He stare deeply into her eyes as he leaned towards her and pecked on her lips. 

"I am sorry too. I shouldn't be suspicious of you and Chanyeol. I also should learn how to have faith in you. I should not over react as well." Myungsoo said, sulking while Jiyeon rest her head in his chest. "I.. I.. I am sorry." She said, weakly.

"Let's forget about what happened just now okay? Take it as I have never seen or talk to you just now." Myungsoo said.

"Myungie..." Jiyeon hummed his name.

"Let's tell each other everything in the future okay, and no more lies to each other." Jiyeon said.

"Actually..." Jiyeon suddenly spoke. She paused for a second, before continuing, "I have been seeing Chanyeol to help his father. His father is blind. He used to have perfect eyesight, but ever since an incident occured in his chemical plant, his eyes have been ruined by it, and he could no longer see. I was just helping him out by bringing him to medical treatments by some famous optician, so that hopefully his eyesight could be cured." 

Myungsoo smiled at her as he pecked her forehead. "I was hoping you could clarify it to me." He said, beaming with smiles.

"Myungie... how about you follow me to Chanyeol's house tomorrow, maybe you could join in to help me to help Chanyeol!" Jiyeon suggested as Myungsoo nodded his head, without hesitation.

 

The next day came and both Jiyeon and Myungsoo were on their way to Chanyeol's house. Chanyeol was already at home, bringing his father around on the wheel chair in the house backyard, while both of them took a seat at the bench in the backyard while the father was humming to his favourite melody. 

Chanyeol looked at his father and frowned deeply. He knew his father was upset over his shattered eyesight, and he must have been missing his wife, his mother deeply. Chanyeol sighed as he stared at the withering flowers on the soil bed. Kicking and brushing his feet against the hard soil on the ground, his eyes wandered around the withering garden. 

There used to be flowers on the soil bed, planted neatly along the fences, while there used to be grass surrounding the backyard. Now, its all dried leaves, bugs, hard soil and empty barren ground. It's been a long time since his mother have left to somewhere far away, leaving behind this family of two. 

"Chanyeol-ah!" His father called out, turning his head to face him. Chanyeol raised his brows and gently grabbed his father hand while caressing it gently. "When is that Jiyeon coming? I miss her. She's a good kid. Chase after her, Chanyeol." His father said.

"Ah, about that, she already have a boyfriend. Can't chase after her..." Chanyeol said, forcing a fake laughter.

"Oh, if that's so, but why isn't she here? It's been quite a while, like already 1 week." His father explained, his face raising up to face the sky. 

Chanyeol bit his lips, stuttering as he weakly replied, "She's... She's b..busy with her upcoming tests, she told me to take care of your body before she brings you to see the optician... yeah." Chanyeol forced an explanation. 

"Oh really? She's really a caring girl. Great to see there are such kind-hearted teenagers nowsadays, really make me gain faith in this world again." His father stated, sighing while taking huge breaths of the fresh outdoor air.

"Hello uncle!~" A bright, cheerful voice sounded as Chanyeol immediately turned his head around to see Jiyeon opening the gates and Myungsoo following behind.

"Hi Chanyeol!" Jiyeon said as Chanyeol's eyes were wide in shock.

"Oh, why are you here?" Chanyeol said, turning his glaze to Myungsoo as he raised his eyebrows. 

"Ah, just accompanying Jiyeon along. We're back together, just yesterday haha." Myungsoo said, laughing. 

Chanyeol smiled as he nodded his head and brought them into the house. 

"Ah, this place surely needs some decorating and tidying up." Myungsoo commented, his eyes were wandering all over the house.

Myungsoo and Jiyeon removed his shoes as Jiyeon pushed the father into the house and placed him beside the couch, while Chanyeol went to the kitchen to serve them chilled drinks.

Myungsoo, being unaware of Chanyeol's family, looked around and roamed around the house. His eyes pinned onto the spider webs on the edges of the house, and he glanced at those withering potted plants on the window side, and he looked at the creaky, wooden floors on the ground. He bit his lips and gave a disgusted look as he placed a finger on the wooden panel. As expected, filled with dirt and dust.

Being disgusted, he removed his hands and wiped the finger on his pants. He then returned and sat beside Jiyeon on the couch while Jiyeon was playing with Chanyeol's father's fingers.

"Mr Park~ I'm here to visit you, do you miss me?" She asked him, in a melodious tone.

"Yes, of course I miss you sweetie! Anyway, I smelled someone beside you, a man perhaps?" The father guessed, as he sniffed the air.

Jiyeon smirked as she patted on his hand gently, "Yeah, he's my boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo. Myungie oppa, this is Chanyeol's father." Jiyeon introduced Myungsoo to him.

"Wow, you must be a good-looking man from my intuition." Mr Park said, smiling as he gave Myungsoo a firm hand-shake. "Ah, now more people know about my embarrassing state." Mr Park added on, shaking his head.

Myungsoo gasped and said to him, "Ah, don't fear, I'm here to help you as well." 

"I know, I understand. Since you are Jiyeon's boyfriend, you must be a kind, warm soul as well." Mr Park said as he chuckled. "YAH CHANYEOL-AH! Get the drinks out faster!" Mr Park raised his voice.

"Ahhhhh, ne ne ne!" Chanyeol said, pouring water onto the glasses. 

 

"Mr Park~ Have you been good? You seemed to be grumpy, from what I hear when you shouted at Chanyeol just now." Jiyeon said, patting on his shoulders.

"I'm fine, just a little grumpy and missing my wife." Mr Park said as he sighed. "I can't even look for her in this state... She'd probably shake her head in disgust." Mr Park added on, bitting his lips as a tear rolled down his cheeks.

"Mr Park, don't worry, with me, Jiyeon and Chanyeol, we can help your eyesight! Jiyeon found you a famous, well-known, prestigious doctor to help you!" Myungsoo said.

"Is that expensive? I don't want to bother you, yeon..-Jiyeon-ah." Chanyeol said, bringing a tray of glasses of water as he gave them respectively.

"Ah, it's..." Jiyeon said but Myungsoo interrupted her.

"We are forking out the money, you can always repay us later." Myungsoo stated, smiling while Chanyeol nodded his head and bit his lips while taking a seat at the couch diagonally across them.

Chanyeol stared at Jiyeon in worry as Myungsoo shot death glares at him. Feeling afraid, he curled his fingers together as he lowered his head. Mr Park turned his head around as his hands travelled around to grab Chanyeol's hands tightly. 

"Yah, why are you so silent? You weren't like this." Mr Park said sternly.

"Uh, I am having a little cold recently." Chanyeol explained.

"Sure? Young man you need to exercise more often." Mr Park lectured him, while forcing a laugh. 

"Mr Park!~ I bought you some newspapers, I'll read some to you okay, it'd be really interesting and hopefully keeps you entertained~" Jiyeon suggested, pulling his hands away from Chanyeol while secretly smiling at Chanyeol in assurance.


 

Short update!~ :) Sorry busy these days.